What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Quigs

Immortal
tell me something
Just say Shorten? from the Labour Party won the election .
Then the fires still came and had the exact same impact.
Would I be a climate change denier if I didn’t blame the elected PM?
A simple yes or no answer
No need for a full opinion piece.

If ..... Labor had won the election I will guarantee this munch. There would of been a get together of all the State Fire Boss, and all other interested parties, late last year and a planned national system put into place for the impending catastrophic bush fire season that everyone who had half a brain had said was more than likely coming (the one that is here now)

Not a full opinion piece either.

And another thang. There would be people answering for the scandal that has been the water buy back rort.

I could go on but I am afraid that my sympathy levels have been tested of late. All those imbeciles that lived along the dying river systems voted the same mobs back in. And when you get the likes of Barnyardaby and Craig Kelly back again well ......... you just have to reap what you sow.

I don't have buyers remorse because I am now seeing everything that I expected unfolding before my eyes.

Feej

First Grade
qantas-club.png

carcharias

Immortal
If ..... Labor had won the election I will guarantee this munch. There would of been a get together of all the State Fire Boss, and all other interested parties, late last year and a planned national system put into place for the impending catastrophic bush fire season that everyone who had half a brain had said was more than likely coming (the one that is here now)

Not a full opinion piece either.

And another thang. There would be people answering for the scandal that has been the water buy back rort.

I could go on but I am afraid that my sympathy levels have been tested of late. All those imbeciles that lived along the dying river systems voted the same mobs back in. And when you get the likes of Barnyardaby and Craig Kelly back again well ......... you just have to reap what you sow.

I don't have buyers remorse because I am now seeing everything that I expected unfolding before my eyes.
A meeting would not have stopped the fires we’ve had though.
People are actually blaming Morrison for the fires.
Literally blaming him .

thats f**king ridiculous and just sounds like somebody has the shits about him winning the election.

Then saying the fires were caused by climate change because of what he hasn’t done while in office.
He has been there for about 17 months.

call me crazy but using the scientific evidence supplied hasn’t climate change taken more than 17 months to occur?

Even going back 40 odd years
It’s pretty even in who was in charge of the country.
Labour have actually been in office more .

so
I’m not going to blame just one
I’m blaming both

Quigs

Immortal
There were calls to get heads together late October November last year.

No Carch my point was .... an impending serious problem had been long recognised and should of been attended to by way of having a plan in process to deal with whatever Mother Nature was going to / about to / or might do. Have plans at the ready. Each State on the same page nationally.

Contingency plans for worse case scenario

This current mob put any call for such a meeting of the wise ones on hold or postponed as they just were hoping that nothing would come of it.

They have form on this. Not acting until after the event / shit fight.

It is how they operate.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Up here they have / had been burning off ever since the last cyclone went through. The amount of fuel that was left on thousands of hectacres of bush was unbelievable. Why? Because they knew it was coming.

Throw in the drought and heat.

There is only so much the local Volunteer Fire Brigades could do, but they all warned and warned and warned the locals to be prepared as "IT" was coming.

As I have said many times to whingers up here. Go and stand on top of a hill or mountain in the bush here, have a good look around at how vast the bush coverage is. Now tell me how 2 or 3 local Volunteer Rural Fire Brigades from 3 nearby small towns can control hazard reduction / burn offs.

I know for a fact they did heaps of burn offs, above and beyond the call of duty burnoffs. As much as they could. Time and weather conditions applicable.

But guess what? "IT" did hit up here and burnt miles of bush, and houses, and crops and livestock.

I was one who has relayed info given to me from the local RFB for over 20 years on the local FB Town Group page. Warnings including Burnoff locations, Smoke Hazard warning, Fire bans, Have your Fire Plan Ready, is your rural driveway able to accommodate a firetruck, etc. All the necessary info that should go out.

But whingers whinge - burn offs - why the f**k do we have to be subjected to all this smoke. Its a weekend for f**ks sake.

carcharias

Immortal
There were calls to get heads together late October November last year.

No Carch my point was .... an impending serious problem had been long recognised and should of been attended to by way of having a plan in process to deal with whatever Mother Nature was going to / about to / or might do. Have plans at the ready. Each State on the same page nationally.

This current mob put any call for such a meeting of the wise ones on hold or postponed as they just were hoping that nothing would come of it.

They have form on this. Not acting until after the event / shit fight.

It is how they operate.
I don’t think anyone is disputing that.

people want more fire trucks.
My mate in Milton
Has had one fire in 25 years.
How many do they buy?

Another mate down there in Jervis bay told me one of the RFS (shoalhaven I think) received a big government grant.
Spent 100k of it on art for the front office.

Up here they have / had been burning off ever since the last cyclone went through. The amount of fuel that was left on thousands of hectacres of bush was unbelievable. Why? Because they knew it was coming.

There is only so much the local Volunteer Fire Brigades could do, but they all warned and warned and warned the locals to be prepared as "IT" was coming.

As I have said many times to whingers up here. Go and stand on top of a hill or mountain in the bush here, have a good look around at how vast the bush coverage is. Now tell me how 2 or 3 local Volunteer Rural Fire Brigades from 3 nearby small towns can control hazard reduction / burn offs.

I know for a fact they did heaps of burn offs, above and beyond the call of duty burnoffs. As much as they could. Time and weather conditions applicable.

But guess what? "IT" did hit up here and burnt miles of bush, and houses, and crops and livestock.

I was one who has relayed info given to me from the local RFB for over 20 years on the local FB Town Group page. Warnings including Burnoff locations, Smoke Hazard warning, Fire bans, Have your Fire Plan Ready, is your rural driveway able to accommodate a firetruck, etc. All the necessary info that should go out.

But whingers whinge - burn offs - why the f**k do we have to be subjected to all this smoke. Its a weekend for f**ks sake.

Bloody Hell Quigsley !! Its YES OR NO answers ! Cant you follow simple rules ? Oh and stop f**kin up peoples weekends!

Oh yeah carch . I need a bit of a chuckle this morning so DS will stop crowing hes happy in morning and Im not.. Was trying to picture you when you are instructing people how to reply to your questions .Do you stamp your foot and stick out your lower lip ? Just Yes or No answer please. Oh and maybe a picture of a burnt tractor so i will remember how lucky I am mines not burnt ..... YET ..... The fire seasons not over and mac orchards do burn., .

carcharias

Immortal

My back gate opens out directly into bush reserve.
I can walk to the needles from my back yard.
I’m 100% for back burning.
If the National park on my side of the highway goes up we are seriously screwed.

I bought my joint because of the close proximity to the bush.
I have turtles in the creek out the back.
Water dragons, pythons , red bellies.
I went for a walk on Friday and saw a black wallaby.

They burned off about 18 months ago and the wind changed
They nearly lost a couple of houses down the back of Yarrawarra.

The National park is a time bomb
It is so dry and absolutely chock a block full of dry fuel.

Quicksilver

Bench
I wonder if this is the said grant.

December 16 2014 - 7:28PM
Grant to help open up RFS headquarters

THE NSW Rural Fire Service Shoalhaven District headquarters will be improved thanks to a grant of $80,000.

South Coast MP Shelley Hancock presented the money to RFS district manager Mark Williams, who said it would be used to knock down some walls in the building.

“The building will be opened up so we don’t have walls between departments like communications, logistics and operations,” Mr Williams said.

“Everyone needs to be on the same page and we believe an open plan design will help with that.”

Mr Williams said work would start after the 2015 fire season.

The funding was provided under the NSW government’s Community Building Partnership program.

The Shoalhaven RFS was one of 1500 projects chosen for funding in NSW.

Mrs Hancock said local businesses would benefit through the construction of the project.

“Given the commencement of the bushfire season, it is timely this money has been secured to upgrade the control centre in Nowra.

“Rural Fire Service personnel do an amazing job, putting their own lives in danger to protect homes and lives – they should have the best facilities available.”

https://www.southcoastregister.com.au/story/2769172/grant-to-help-open-up-rfs-headquarters/

Quigs

Immortal
If the National park on my side of the highway goes up we are seriously screwed.

Mate trump that one. I am waiting on a flat back turtles nest to hatch on the local isolated beach that moi and a mate hit most days of the week before sunrise.

They are due in a week or so.

We came across the old girls tracks leading up to the bank where she dug her nest and laid the eggs. We hid the nest under some big driftwood branches and a few nearby shrubs. Obviously allowing the escape way to freedom for the little tackers when it is their time.

Will keep you posted and hopefully be able to see them in action

Serious suggestion and not being smart Have you thought about getting together with some neighbors and doing a cleanup at least of the dry needles and sticks branches whatever . I cannot see any council National park or whatever stopping you doing that. Wont stop a fire already going but might help prevent one starting close by or even help save your house .. I'm not there so obviously you would better know wether that would help or not . Here we got native trees in gullies ,over 80 y old, dead and dying ,adding to the fuel . Old fellow around here told me they used to have teams of men to cleanup national parks back in 50s and sixties . I know some young "activists living on 5 acres ,never mow never cleanup , always whining about Political system and Climate change but would never give up a weekend of planned biking down mountain tracks, comedy show , or concert in order to do some actual work . Maybe you could set an example for those kind of people.

carcharias

Immortal
Serious suggestion and not being smart Have you thought about getting together with some neighbors and doing a cleanup at least of the dry needles and sticks branches whatever . I cannot see any council National park or whatever stopping you doing that. Wont stop a fire already going but might help prevent one starting close by or even help save your house .. I'm not there so obviously you would better know wether that would help or not . Here we got native trees in gullies ,over 80 y old, dead and dying ,adding to the fuel . Old fellow around here told me they used to have teams of men to cleanup national parks back in 50s and sixties . I know some young "activists living on 5 acres ,never mow never cleanup , always whining about Political system and Climate change but would never give up a weekend of planned biking down mountain tracks, comedy show , or concert in order to do some actual work . Maybe you could set an example for those kind of people.

It gets cleaned up regularly actually.
Ironically my old greenie neighbour from about 50kms away is part of the volunteer group that does it.
The council come through and clear a lot of it too.
Luckily they can get the truck down there with the chipper on it.
I clear as much as I’m allowed.
Which isn’t much.
I just whipper snip from the fence about 3 metres back.
Then it’s full 70’s bush.

my sons and I collect a lot of the dry kindling from the ground for our fire place even though thats breaking the law.
A day later and one southerly later and it’s all been replaced with more.

carcharias

Immortal
Mate trump that one. I am waiting on a flat back turtles nest to hatch on the local isolated beach that moi and a mate hit most days of the week before sunrise.

They are due in a week or so.

We came across the old girls tracks leading up to the bank where she dug her nest and laid the eggs. We hid the nest under some big driftwood branches and a few nearby shrubs. Obviously allowing the escape way to freedom for the little tackers when it is their time.

Will keep you posted and hopefully be able to see them in action
I reckon I can turtle trump that turtle trump.
In 5 weeks I’ll be in the new Ireland Province of PNG.
Check out Lissenung island on Facebook.
I’ll take some pics for you.

Quigs

Immortal
Yeah Carch I am talking "in me backyard" .... well the beach is moi everyday beach walk wiff the dog. 1k from home as the crow flies.

Just had a Park Mate visit the NG Highlands up the big near the start of the Fly River. He has posted up some awesome pics. He got one of the sons of the elders a job in the mines up here zonks ago. The son invited him to come and visit the home village. He had to get special permission off the mob to even go there.

I'll message you with his FB page link - heaps of photos of his trip

txta2

Bench
So Scotty fixed his plane for $250mill
Gives $50 mill to try and save Koalas from the brink. Half of that goes to his mates on a think tank.
I can see it now, stop clearing land and destroying their habitat.
That will be $25 mill thanks.

Eion

First Grade
So Scotty fixed his plane for $250mill
Gives $50 mill to try and save Koalas from the brink. Half of that goes to his mates on a think tank.
I can see it now, stop clearing land and destroying their habitat.
That will be $25 mill thanks.
Are you suggesting that he made a crazy decision to upgrade a plane on his own for 250mill against advice...when it wasn’t needed?

carcharias

Immortal
C’mon ya f**king whingers
Shark 1
It’s hilarious

He just doesn’t give a f**k what people think.
I love it.