What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre Season

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Guys, guys, guys (and girls) the time to get our knickers in a twist is say Round 4 when we are 0-4. Off season is all about keeping the dream alive even if we are dreaming.

I’m sure there will be plenty of time for bickering and major differences of opinion once the season proper starts to for the mean time we need to chill and hope for another season like 2003. We can only dream!!!!!

To quote my Mum. 'I only argue when I know I'm right'............

Kilkenny

Coach
To quote my Mum. 'I only argue when I know I'm right'............

Mum’s are always right Alice all good. My wife is a mum and I would never dare suggest she was wrong on anything so your probably ‘right’.

I’ll have to read back further too see what you said to upset BxTom he is normally very moderate and not prone to outbursts so you must have upset him? I’ll read back and find out why?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Mum’s are always right Alice all good. My wife is a mum and I would never dare suggest she was wrong on anything so your probably ‘right’.

I’ll have to read back further too see what you said to upset BxTom he is normally very moderate and not prone to outbursts so you must have upset him? I’ll read back and find out why?

Perhaps the fact that I live and breathe.......that can sometimes do it. Yep I'm optimistic about the club it's a choice I make. You either look for thorns in life or seek out roses. I do the latter.

2: Yep I do flag wave....See previous comment. It's a choice I make.

3: I do hang poo on players / coaches / anyone when they leave. See comments one and two. One a person leaves they are 'dead' to me. Simplistic you betcha. But it's how I roll.

In the above comments you may find the reason for the outburst.

I choose to do the dictionary definition about being a supporter......https://www.definitions.net/definition/supporter

I rest my case.

OldPanther

Coach
I am expecting a return to the injury crisis days of past and the fitness drop again.

He’s just being negative for the sake of it

Dear.....Undies in a twist eh.........Me think he doeth protest too much.....

Funny how you still haven't answered the question asked......' what lead you to such a conclusion about Penrith' especially in off season without a ball being kicked or played in anger.

To be fair he did make a negative statement but the first attacks were aimed at Tom.

Also gatekeeping the fandom is silly.

kinghippo

Juniors
It hasn’t been a particularly bad pre season in the media so far for our Panthers.
Hopefully the may situation doesn’t hurt us to much and we can actually get a year focused on football rather than Player / Coaching dramas.

ACTPanthers

Bench
It hasn’t been a particularly bad pre season in the media so far for our Panthers.
Hopefully the may situation doesn’t hurt us to much and we can actually get a year focused on football rather than Player / Coaching dramas.
I keep waiting for something to hit the news.... It's been too quiet.

Kilkenny

Coach
Channel 9 tried yesterday with Trent Merrin, but he little to say.

He really said nothing we didn’t already know. He used the word ‘toxic’ in reference to what transpired around the sacking of Griffin but it was a throw away line really and probably was at the time. Ancient history now.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He really said nothing we didn’t already know. He used the word ‘toxic’ in reference to what transpired around the sacking of Griffin but it was a throw away line really and probably was at the time. Ancient history now.

Gee I love that word 'toxic' it means so little yet so much. From behaviour of royal family to footy coaches eh ?

Kilkenny

Coach
The guys under are the talent. None of them being a big deal is exactly why all will stay and play their part and not over step

You were in the Gould ‘out’ camp and that is all fine. Time will tell I guess I really do hope this new regime get’s the job done and we can find ourselves back in the top 8 in 2020. There first season was uninspiring to say the least so 2020 can surely only be better.

franklin2323

Immortal
You were in the Gould ‘out’ camp and that is all fine. Time will tell I guess I really do hope this new regime get’s the job done and we can find ourselves back in the top 8 in 2020. There first season was uninspiring to say the least so 2020 can surely only be better.

I was. That was due to a number of reasons.
I think the side plateau’d for a few seasons.
I don’t think Gus should of had the yelling match with hook at that trial. 2 reasons I don’t think it should matter to a football manager how the side is playing. Results are all that matters. 2nd of that it was 6 months since he got re-signed early. What changed in that time.

So I think if everyone sticks to what they do best it looks good. Gus left in April though so not even a full year gone so too soon to judge.

No real crisis to speak of. Roster no worse off then it was. Still has holes but did 12 months ago. All sponsors re-signed. Members are trending up so that is the main things so far... atleast until they take the field anyway

Kilkenny

Coach
I was. That was due to a number of reasons.
I think the side plateau’d for a few seasons.
I don’t think Gus should of had the yelling match with hook at that trial. 2 reasons I don’t think it should matter to a football manager how the side is playing. Results are all that matters. 2nd of that it was 6 months since he got re-signed early. What changed in that time.

So I think if everyone sticks to what they do best it looks good. Gus left in April though so not even a full year gone so too soon to judge.

No real crisis to speak of. Roster no worse off then it was. Still has holes but did 12 months ago. All sponsors re-signed. Members are trending up so that is the main things so far... atleast until they take the field anyway

Franklin, the whole yelling match was a sideshow and if you or I were in the shoes of Gus we would have reacted the same way given what we dished up that first half against the Bulldogs reserve team. I watched on stream and it was an embarrassment.

I agree with you there is no crisis as we stand now. We are all looking forward to 2020 and we have sound reasons to be optimistic and if things go our way, good fortune with injuries, we are capable of making the top 8. If we do make the top 8 then the new regime will get a pass mark and all good for 2021. If we don’t we’ll that’s going to make for interesting discussion in 9 months time.

franklin2323

Immortal
f
Franklin, the whole yelling match was a sideshow and if you or I were in the shoes of Gus we would have reacted the same way given what we dished up that first half against the Bulldogs reserve team. I watched on stream and it was an embarrassment.

I agree with you there is no crisis as we stand now. We are all looking forward to 2020 and we have sound reasons to be optimistic and if things go our way, good fortune with injuries, we are capable of making the top 8. If we do make the top 8 then the new regime will get a pass mark and all good for 2021. If we don’t we’ll that’s going to make for interesting discussion in 9 months time.

We won a trial this year Kikau got hurt in it and we started the year overweight and slow.. we lost that trial but was 1st mid season. So it means nothing the results of trials.

Latest posts