What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

taipan

Referee
Yep .Lets wait till everyones on board , on the same bandwagon and all singing in perfect harmony.

You should well know ,you'll never get 100% agreement on anything, that's democracy.Of course if it's China, we'll all be told how to think.They'll still buy coal from other countries ,if we stop tomorrow. Nett result on pollution zot.
Unless you get these main offenders on board, we are up sh*tter's ditch.

The obvious most impact would be getting China,India and USA to get of their butts and do something now.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know ,the impacts on global climate change:
1) Huge world wide population growth, meaning demand for power and food.
2)Burning fossil fuels increasingly.
3)Clearing rain forests which provide the lungs of the world.
4) Methane from animals and even rice paddies.Ironic that our cattle numbers in Oz, have dropped dramatically over the years.
4) Chemical fertilisers with nitrous oxide retaining heat.

I acknowledge the impact of humans on climate change, but as we know the weather is getting hotter, surely the NPWS and Local Councils can cut the flipping red tape and allow people who live near bushland to clear a safe barrier around their abodes.
The Fed Govt also has to do more not later ,but now.
What sh*ts me ,when we had the opportunity in the past to build more dams or raise the height of dams, the righteous said no ,think of the environmental impact.The rain water waste that goes out to sea is criminal.
I may be wrong ,perhaps if the dam that flooded Brisbane a few years ago ,had far higher walls' lot of the damage could have been prevented.

carcharias

Immortal
I reckon if we were China then we’d have catchments up north .
Mega dams with a way of sending it around the country.
Maybe pipes?
Maybe during the wet season?

if only it rained heaps every year at the exact same time.

or
Heaps of sunshine to utilise solar power.

taipan

Referee
Maybe pipes?

or

But but but, think of the nesting farnarkle birds who would be impacted by the dams.Let alone the green tree frogs.

carinashark

First Grade
I’ve been thinking about adding but then I read this from Frank Discussion. This sums it up better than anything I could write.
Anyone who doesn't live off grid has no right to an say anything" Ridiculous. We all have a right to make demands of our leadership. It's little wonder most Australians have no interest in lowering their carbon footprint because their leadership actively tells us that any effort we make is ultimately irrelevant and useless. Imagine we took this approach to World War 2? We didn't fight that on our own but we played a part.

The Liberals may not be directly responsible for these particular fires but they are responsible for decades of ignoring science and deliberately taking policy cues from people like Alan Jones and not the CSIRO or the BOM (you know Government departments chock full of experts) which has left us in a position where we are now miles behind the 8 ball while the chickens come home to roost.

They killed a carbon trading scheme
They killed the mining tax (don't even get me started on how this happened- we should all get something out of the miners pillaging the joint)
They invested in coal and waved it around in parliament
They killed targets with Electric cars
The list goes on and on and on and on and on but these were sensible, progressive policies that would have moved the needle on the debate-and to blame Bill Shorten for decisions made by leadership decades either side of him on the other side of politics is like blaming a bull for not being smart enough to ignore the matador.

(The final paragraph is a killer)

And while I am ranting grown men who hate on a 16 year old girl for having 16 year old opinions because they are threatened is utterly pathetic.

shaggs

Coach
Maybe pipes?

or
You’ve spent some time in the NT, is it the Ord River that usually floods and sends shot loads of water down stream.
Why that isn’t harvested or piped makes no sense to me.

You should well know ,you'll never get 100% agreement on anything, that's democracy.Of course if it's China, we'll all be told how to think.They'll still buy coal from other countries ,if we stop tomorrow. Nett result on pollution zot.
Unless you get these main offenders on board, we are up sh*tter's ditch.

The obvious most impact would be getting China,India and USA to get of their butts and do something now.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know ,the impacts on global climate change:
1) Huge world wide population growth, meaning demand for power and food.
2)Burning fossil fuels increasingly.
3)Clearing rain forests which provide the lungs of the world.
4) Methane from animals and even rice paddies.Ironic that our cattle numbers in Oz, have dropped dramatically over the years.
4) Chemical fertilisers with nitrous oxide retaining heat.

I acknowledge the impact of humans on climate change, but as we know the weather is getting hotter, surely the NPWS and Local Councils can cut the flipping red tape and allow people who live near bushland to clear a safe barrier around their abodes.
The Fed Govt also has to do more not later ,but now.
What sh*ts me ,when we had the opportunity in the past to build more dams or raise the height of dams, the righteous said no ,think of the environmental impact.The rain water waste that goes out to sea is criminal.
I may be wrong ,perhaps if the dam that flooded Brisbane a few years ago ,had far higher walls' lot of the damage could have been prevented.

I was being Sarcastic. If we wait for everyone to be singing exact same tune Nothing will be done .. And you are saying because that will never happen we should do nothing ? The claim that China will never do anything and only buy coal from somewhere else is not necessarily true . You think they are not concerned with pollution in their cities ? They did have a zero population growth policy for a while too.

Anyway heres a link for a bit of remedial study for DS and his mate Dee fer

https://climatekids.nasa.gov/tree-rings/

carcharias

Immortal
You’ve spent some time in the NT, is it the Ord River that usually floods and sends shot loads of water down stream.
Why that isn’t harvested or piped makes no sense to me.
Yep the ord has a dam at Lake Argyle .
It’s bloody beautiful up there.
Fresh water crocs and Barra
I asked the question while there about that.
The answer I got was no state government want to pay.

it would be a massive undertaking... but it is a no brainer in the long run.
Same as solar.
Once it’s done it’s all a bonus.

Mr Spock!

Referee
You poor thing.

You’ve never been through a bushfire season before or a drought.

You must be in a state of shock.

Oh and for you and that battered fake to keep mentioning Alan Jones as an idiot and not influential on public opinion. Don’t kid yourself. He has the highest rating radio show for a reason. He has his own show on Sky News channel. He knows his stuff, he does his own research and is very well connected to get access to data and access to the best experts in their field of work.

I’d appreciate it if you can write your posts on toilet paper and send it to me so I can wipe my ass with it and flush it into the sewer where they belong.. In exchange I’ll send you a box of tissues so you can wipe your tears as it seems you haven’t taken the Federal Election result too well. Most lefty/ greenies haven’t. But hey it could be worse you could be Bill “ Car Salesman “ Shorten who had a victory party on the Friday night before the Election and then arrogantly proclaimed himself to be the New Prime Minister on Saturday Morning on National TV. No wonder it took him so long to concede on Election night. They had to slap the shock out of him. Bahahaha!!!

Alan Jones is so well informed he and 2gb were recently successfully sued for defamation to the tune of 3.4mill+

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/10230384

Quigs

Immortal
Not racing anymore. He currently is working for Lonely Planet and Trip Advisor, he does Lavatory inspections in major cities of the world.

Latest posts