What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Generalzod

Immortal
It's a great little movie.

Good cast, story and action. Shame the sequel never got made.

Joe Johnston pretty much remade it with Capt America First Avenger (one of a few MCU movies I've watched more than once).
Watched it on on Disney plus love this film apparently Disney is rebooting with a female star
Funny enough it was one of the first films I took my girlfriend now my wife to watch at the movies’ the second film was terminator 2 which I saw for the 8th time that year....and for nostalgia purposes we saw it again 30th anniversary of T2 my wife was thrilled lol

Mr Spock!

Referee
The only thing I agree with is the germans being such bad shots. .

They were right by the trip wire, not the explosives. The explosives were set to collapse the tunnel not to blow them up. And he had several ill effects.

The insinuation was that whoever was there had not long left, the same with the fire bucket in the German trenches. The possibility that the Germans were using the cow for milk and had to hurriedly leave and didn't shoot the cow isn't that far-fetched.

There is nothing coincidental at all about running across a survivor in a war town. Also, babies need milk, nothing 'just so happens' about it.

Coincidences (and not exactly unlikely coincidences at that) aren't flaws.
I actually think the 'bad shooting' maybe more realistic than we think.

I was shooting at targets 20m away earlier this year and I couldn't even tell if I was hitting the thing.

It's hard enough shooting a stationary target without stress let alone a moving one in the dark.

Maybe we're too used to seeing movies where every one is a sniper.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Watched it on on Disney plus love this film apparently Disney is rebooting with a female star
Funny enough it was one of the first films I took my girlfriend now my wife to watch at the movies’ the second film was terminator 2 which I saw for the 8th time that year....and for nostalgia purposes we saw it again 30th anniversary of T2 my wife was thrilled lol
F**k the reboot off. Its going to be dreadful.

That movie was great.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Midway- :thumbsdown: it's hard to imagine a film more cliched than Michael Bays Pearl Habour, but
Emmerich may have pulled it off. Overstuffed, tries to cover too much, from Pearl to the Doolittle Raid and finally the Battle of Midway. Just watch the seventies version instead or a classic like Tora! Tora! Tora!.
Yeah... I expect it to. Has the obligatory love story as well.

The visuals look fantastic though.

You had to have balls of steel to fly those slow dauntlesses in a vertical dive through flak and zeros.

Smack

Coach
Midway- :thumbsdown: it's hard to imagine a film more cliched than Michael Bays Pearl Habour, but
Emmerich may have pulled it off. Overstuffed, tries to cover too much, from Pearl to the Doolittle Raid and finally the Battle of Midway. Just watch the seventies version instead or a classic like Tora! Tora! Tora!.

that's not good, I was hoping for something decent

tbh the only good film about Midway is the Japanese movie Yamamoto.

Matua

Bench
The loudest Voice on Stan was very good, Crowe was brilliant as Aimes.
I'm watching this now, I wonder if it's worth watching the movie afterwards or if they cover the same ground.

It took me a while to see past the make up but once I did, yep, it was an awesome performance by Crowe.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm watching this now, I wonder if it's worth watching the movie afterwards or if they cover the same ground.

It took me a while to see past the make up but once I did, yep, it was an awesome performance by Crowe.
Think the movie is mainly about the sex scandals?? Could be wrong?

The show was brilliant how it showed how he set up the whole shebang. And the 9/11 episode was very powerful.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Lol if you want to see bad shooting watch 12 Strong. Worse than stormtroopers from star wars and Germans from 60s and 70s movies.

Taliban couldn't hit charging cavalry with machine guns, ak47s, tanks and rockets.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I actually thought this was better than Bombshell. Crowe was so much better than Lithgow and I think the movie went pretty easy on Ailes compared to the series.But the movie was still pretty decent.
Haven't seen the movie yet. But I thought the loudest voice was excellent.

I thought the movie might go after him even harder.

Go.

Basically the Ka-GoKart Kid...

Absolutely derivative hero's journey lol.

But decent cast, some nice little payoffs and Richard Roxborough munching scenes. Kids are likable and my kids enjoyed seeing Aussie kids /settings / accents.

Goes against cliche in parts which is a nice payoff against the cliche and tropes it steals (and in a couple of instances knowingly LOLs at itself using these tropes).

Has a great soundtrack and a bit of a retro vibe. Would have been a movie tie-in book with Arrow Book Club back in the 80s.

Crazy to think how prolific Gene Hackman was and quite literally hasn't made a movie for fifteen years.

Hackman confirmed in 2008 that he'd retired from acting - http://in.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idINN0429553020080605

Also if people are talking about Hackman, how can you forget him as Popeye Doyle in The French Connection? He won the 1971 Academy Award for Best Actor for that role.

Beside those movies other have mentioned, I thought he was also great in -

Hoosiers as Coach Norman Dale;
The Firm as Avery Tolar;
Crimson Tide as Captain Frank Ramsay;
Get Shorty as Harry Zimm;
Enemy of the State as Edward 'Brill' Lyle.

I also loved his small role as Harold the blind man in Young Frankenstein.

Hackman confirmed in 2008 that he'd retired from acting - http://in.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idINN0429553020080605

Also if people are talking about Hackman, how can you forget him as Popeye Doyle in The French Connection? He won the 1971 Academy Award for Best Actor for that role.

Beside those movies other have mentioned, I thought he was also great in -

Hoosiers as Coach Norman Dale;
The Firm as Avery Tolar;
Crimson Tide as Captain Frank Ramsay;
Get Shorty as Harry Zimm;
Enemy of the State as Edward 'Brill' Lyle.

I also loved his small role as Harold the blind man in Young Frankenstein.

I don't think I ever really saw a film of Gene Hackman's I didn't like, although I've never got around to seeing the last one he did with Ray Romano back in 2004.

I'll have to dig out Royal Tenenmbaums for a re-watch.

Latest posts