What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Membership

Perth Red

Post Whore
I am not sure about throwing the gates open. But I have read about college football programs that reduced prices down enough to get massive crowds so they could build the atmosphere and game day experience, get the crowds hooked, and then gradually increase prices. I know that happened at Michigan. Michigan get I would imagine the biggest crowds in world sport.

I wonder if it would be a good investment by the NRL to say to clubs "ok we are going to give you $1million a year grant extra and we want you to slash your gate and ticketed membership prices by a third and make kids free". They could try it for the life cycle of a TV deal then review to see if it made a significant difference to attendances.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I wonder if it would be a good investment by the NRL to say to clubs "ok we are going to give you $1million a year grant extra and we want you to slash your gate and ticketed membership prices by a third and make kids free". They could try it for the life cycle of a TV deal then review to see if it made a significant difference to attendances.

Also the current model of sponsorship is dumb. Both from many sponsors and the clubs themselves

the idea of sponsorship should be to sell more of your products on the back of being associated with a club.

Most sponsors are so stupid they treat it as a tax write off and an excuse for a piss up.
It’s not the 80s anymore:bulb:

adamkungl

Immortal
Surprised Bulldogs is down. 2019 was fairly encouraging, they seem to be pointing in the right direction if not quite there yet.
impending stadium move having an effect?

Cowboys also weird numbers.

Raiders Roosters benefiting from success, and Eels and Manly fans back on the bandwagon.

Warriors and Dragons fan confidence at an all time low so not surprising to see their numbers fall.

The Marshall

Juniors
Surprised Bulldogs is down. 2019 was fairly encouraging, they seem to be pointing in the right direction if not quite there yet.
impending stadium move having an effect?
I think that Dogs number is going to have a bit of a jump. I renewed during the Xmas break and have heard nothing back yet from them so they still might be on holidays or processing the backlog this week. The Dogs membership team leaves a lot to be desired to be honest so it’s not a surprise with the numbers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think that Dogs number is going to have a bit of a jump. I renewed during the Xmas break and have heard nothing back yet from them so they still might be on holidays or processing the backlog this week. The Dogs membership team leaves a lot to be desired to be honest so it’s not a surprise with the numbers.
Just got an email confirming member packs are being posted - which seems later than last year by a fair margin. Think it's all happened very slowly at Belmore this year.

The unknown

Juniors
Correct, as stated 490000 times in this thread already :joy:

Apologies for not reading every single post

I got a members email not long ago asking about renewal, and that was the exact figure they put there too. Our marketing team is just inept

Timmah

Staff member
Your free GA membership for kids with every GA adult membership is a great initiative and I reckon will be very popular
giphy.gif

Did PR just say something positive? :scream:

Perth Red

Post Whore
I get the sense that since the NRL failed to reach its strategic plan target amount for memberships they've decided to stop trying. Used to be they had comps for clubs and bigged it up, made clubs release figures in a timely fashion etc, now it barely rates any mention out of NRLHQ.

Timmah

Staff member
I get the sense that since the NRL failed to reach its strategic plan target amount for memberships they've decided to stop trying. Used to be they had comps for clubs and bigged it up, made clubs release figures in a timely fashion etc, now it barely rates any mention out of NRLHQ.
Dammit, I made the bot overcorrect by calling it out :flushed:

Latest posts