What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Joey Manu the best centre in the NRL?

BadnMean

Juniors
BJ is too much of a liability in defence to be in the conversation for best Centre.

That's a really popular opinion but he has the lowest try causes (average per game) of any centre in the comp in 2019...

His tackle efficiency is the best % among centre contenders...

His defence has improved. His defensive stats are better than both Manu & Latrell.

...but yeah, popular opinion.

ACTPanthers

Bench
You didn’t quote anyone you f**ken moron
That’s kind of my point dickhead.

So you just took it that I MUST be talking to you... even though, as you pointed out, it had nothing to do with what you posted? And I’m the “f**ken moron”?

gerg

Juniors
That's a really popular opinion but he has the lowest try causes (average per game) of any centre in the comp in 2019...

His tackle efficiency is the best % among centre contenders...

His defence has improved. His defensive stats are better than both Manu & Latrell.

...but yeah, popular opinion.

Blake is more responsible for the perception that BJ is a poor defender than BJ is.

BadnMean

Juniors
Blake is more responsible for the perception that BJ is a poor defender than BJ is.

Perhaps he is.

There was certainly some erratic decision making when he was out there with Joey & the odd arm grab resulting.

But it's much easier for people who watch Joey play 3x a year to parrot he can't defend all the whole he has better stats than not only most centres, or even all but the very top centres, but even the two blokes they seem to want to rank above him because he can't defend...

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol people talking up BJ when he won't even start the season at centre in first grade.

But don't get me wrong, I like BJ. Afterall he played a huge role in the Roosters going b2b courtesy of playing hero ball rather than passing to a wide open Rapana.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Lol people talking up BJ when he won't even start the season at centre in first grade.

But don't get me wrong, I like BJ. Afterall he played a huge role in the Roosters going b2b courtesy of playing hero ball rather than passing to a wide open Rapana.
Shut up Tommy

SBD82

Coach

I seem to recall him playing a vital role in the 2010 GF too.

gerg

Juniors
Perhaps he is.

There was certainly some erratic decision making when he was out there with Joey & the odd arm grab resulting.

But it's much easier for people who watch Joey play 3x a year to parrot he can't defend all the whole he has better stats than not only most centres, or even all but the very top centres, but even the two blokes they seem to want to rank above him because he can't defend...

Sitting in the stands there were games where i actually thought Blake and BJ would start fighting each other. Im dead serious here, they would absolutely rip into each .... then Ricky chucked Blake on the other edge and it turned to shit.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Up to 24 Jan 2020 - Raiders fans, "Joey Leilua is the best centre in the NRL".

After 26 Jan 2020 - Raiders fans, "Curtis Scott is the best centre in the NRL".

TheDalek079

Bench
Lol. Canberra fans were championing Leilua as the best centre, but not anymore. Guess it just solidifies Joey Manu's position as best centre in the game

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hmm let’s see

Dally M Center of the year:

2016: Joey Leilua
2017: Dylan Walker
2018: Joey Leilua
2019: Latrell Mitchell

Dylan Walker now plays 5/8 whilst Latrell Mitchell is apparently now a prop judging by how he’s rocked up to Souths

Therefore the only logical answer is

6E254D43-00F4-4CF4-9447-C37AA54F10BF.jpeg

BadnMean

Juniors
LOL, that is a f**king WILD WILD swing from a roosters fan posting in a thread titled "is joey manu the best centre in the nrl" which was started as a direct response to Latrell Mitchell leaving their club

the lack of self reflection is astonishing. Kudos @Tommy Smith , this is art.

Apart from the astonishing Latrell/Manu doublethink needed to post that...

The best part was the whole "Haha look at all the Raiders fans hating Joey now..." ... in a thread without a single player ragging on Joey & in fact there are only posts in the signings thread saying how much we'll miss him & genuine thanks for his great service.

I think they should go back the endless Souffs vs Easts dribbling at each other, they each deserve that.

Latest posts