What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Big Pete

Referee
I'm just watching Badd Blood 1997, and holy shit...

Vince McMahon: Unfortunately Brian Pillman was found dead in his hotel room today and his match with Dude Love will not go ahead, so we hope you appreciate this match instead...

*midget tag team match commences*

Hahaha.

To be fair, the roster was so bad around that time the minis match was most likely an upgrade on anything else. This is the same card that gave us DOA/Boriquas and Headbangers/Godwinns among other classics.

bileduct

Coach
Hahaha.

To be fair, the roster was so bad around that time the minis match was most likely an upgrade on anything else. This is the same card that gave us DOA/Boriquas and Headbangers/Godwinns among other classics.
The DOA/Boriquas match was the other one added to the card because of Pillman's death. Given that Pillman was found dead only hours before the show I would say the two additions were originally supposed to be dark matches.

Vince's on-air response was kinda cringey at the PPV, but wow, his interview with Pillman's wife the next night on Raw was embarrassing as hell. Same show had Bret Hart calling Triple H and Shawn Michaels a pair of homos who barebacked their way to the top.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Melanie was meant to be a real piece of work who happily took the pay day, feigned sadness and would go onto spend all the money raised on the memorial shows on herself. Supposedly Pillman Jr and his sister never saw a cent of it.

Holy shit at the Bret comment, you couldn't get away with that nowadays. That made for great tv and both guys found their peak as characters.

Melanie was meant to be a real piece of work who happily took the pay day, feigned sadness and would go onto spend all the money raised on the memorial shows on herself. Supposedly Pillman Jr and his sister never saw a cent of it.

Holy shit at the Bret comment, you couldn't get away with that nowadays. That made for great tv and both guys found their peak as characters.

pretty sure he made race related comments during the NOD days as well that would’ve landed him in a world of hurt today

nöyd

Staff member
Wow, I only got back into it in 98, just before Austin hit big. That's beyond any form of decent taste, doesn't say alot about VKM, but it sure doesn't say much more about her.

I can't even bring myself to watch it.

Andrade Almas has booked himself a 30 day break by violating the Wellness Policy for the first time, hence the storyline on Raw. Surprised they didn’t take the title off of him.

With Aussie wrestlers such as Buddy Murphy and Rhea Ripley receiving good pushes, and with the recent push of the IIconics, what are the chances of an Aussie-themed stable being formed in the WWE?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't think the average Americans perception of Australia lends itself too well to the foreign heel stable.

Would be better off forging their own paths individually.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm happy with the way they're using Buddy Murphy. Of all the guys on 205 Live, it was Buddy and Ali who made something of themselves and developed a reputation as a must-see performer. It would have been easy for Buddy to be lost in the shuffle, but he's currently involved in the biggest storyline on Raw and just scored a pinfall victory over one of the biggest babyfaces on the show. They're developing his character and I'm excited to see where he goes from here.

Also, I was fine with the dog food stipulation. That was actually an effective heel beatdown because it resonated with the fans and crossed the line of good taste which is so rare in Pro Wrestling these days. The only problem is that it's Reigns-Corbin closing the show for the 14th time of 15 shows and they've run that storyline into the ground. I hope that was their way of signing off on the angle and they can start booking some fresh rivalries.

Unfortunately with the Elimination Chamber PPV coming up, I think Reigns/Corbin will continue to there before finally splintering off.