What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

getsmarty

Immortal
Doueihi would be a nice pickup if they were going to move him on. Played well at the end of last year in Fb

We inquired about him along with a few other clubs... Souths not letting him go...as muzby stated , they offered Gagai to titans..they knocked that back for the early Arrow release. A.J linked to tigers...could free up the Money for them to get JAC...they may need to release a back to Storm...

Gareth67

First Grade
We inquired about him along with a few other clubs... Souths not letting him go...as muzby stated , they offered Gagai to titans..they knocked that back for the early Arrow release. A.J linked to tigers...could free up the Money for them to get JAC...they may need to release a back to Storm...

Good to see the quality players of the competition are being spread evenly to all clubs ??

Frank Facer

First Grade
It is going to be interesting to see how Mitchell performs at fullback. The other thing is will Mitchell be able to keep his weight right to play fullback long term? I think he will be a success at fullback for Souths this year. He will be able to play both sides of the field, so he will get his hands on the ball more often. He could also be dangerous bringing the ball back from kick returns. I rate him the best centre in the game right now.

Dragonsamy

Bench
They play it on Anzac day matches and I don't mind that.
As long as we do I correct Anzac service beforehand I do not have a problem with them playing it in that game. It is a day to commemorate all the heroism it is a national day

Dragonsamy

Bench
Mitchell's biggest asset is he'll have his coach Uncle Wayne also have Inglis in his ear so I think that his transition will be made much easier because of Bennett. Bennett can turn bad players into good players he can turn good players into great players so I have no doubt , Mitchell will do well.

possm

Coach
It is going to be interesting to see how Mitchell performs at fullback. The other thing is will Mitchell be able to keep his weight right to play fullback long term? I think he will be a success at fullback for Souths this year. He will be able to play both sides of the field, so he will get his hands on the ball more often. He could also be dangerous bringing the ball back from kick returns. I rate him the best centre in the game right now.
Too bad SGI did not rate him enough to at least try to secure his signature.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Who do you rate as the best fullback in the game right now?
It is a toss up between Tedesco and Tom Trbojevic as to who is the best fullback in the game right now, with Ponga not far behind them. Turbo, probably has a more complete game than Tedesco, but Teddy was brilliant last year and could even be rated the best player in the game right now. Injuries have interrupted Turbo's last 2 seasons and he doesn't have the luxury of playing in Easts star studded team. RTS is another great fullback who still performs in the Warriors team. If he was playing in one of the better teams, he would look even better. Papenhuyzen looks like a very exciting prospect and if Holmes can get back to his end of season 2018 form, then he will be another of the best fullbacks in the game. I think Mitchell has the potential to be amongst the best fullbacks in the game and he will have the luxury of playing in premiership contending team, especially if they manage to get Arrow this year, which I think they will.

giboz71

First Grade
Fullback seems to be the position of choice now. Slater and Brett Stewart have redefined the position. It’s the NRL’s version of an NFL quarterback, paying the most money and the most prestige.

Even more so than halfbacks.

Bmoz, Dugan, DWZ, Latrell, even Lomax now have demanded they play there and have stayed and left current clubs to make it happen.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It is a toss up between Tedesco and Tom Trbojevic as to who is the best fullback in the game right now, with Ponga not far behind them.
And what about who you would rate as the best winger in the game right now?

Belta

Juniors
It is a toss up between Tedesco and Tom Trbojevic as to who is the best fullback in the game right now, with Ponga not far behind them. Turbo, probably has a more complete game than Tedesco, but Teddy was brilliant last year and could even be rated the best player in the game right now. Injuries have interrupted Turbo's last 2 seasons and he doesn't have the luxury of playing in Easts star studded team. RTS is another great fullback who still performs in the Warriors team. If he was playing in one of the better teams, he would look even better. Papenhuyzen looks like a very exciting prospect and if Holmes can get back to his end of season 2018 form, then he will be another of the best fullbacks in the game. I think Mitchell has the potential to be amongst the best fullbacks in the game and he will have the luxury of playing in premiership contending team, especially if they manage to get Arrow this year, which I think they will.

I agree and have very similar views in regards to who the best current fullbacks are. One difference is that I am a fan of the Canberra,s fullback CNK and feel he has done enough to be in with this group.

IMO it’s no coincidence that the most successful teams in recent times have marquee fullbacks. Of course it’s not everything, ie in the case of Ponga and RTS, but there’s enough evidence to support the fact that the fullback is pivotal to your teams success.

For me to decide who is the best I’d consider which player would most likely put the Dragons up there in 2020. Personally I lean towards Turbo. The reason I say that is not based on form over several seasons or over all of the whole of last season but predominantly based on what I saw in but a few games last year.

In a couple of games, prior to his injury Turbo imo put himself on a different platform to everyone else. Like Teddy, Turbo has no weaknesses, impressive speed, strength and game awareness, but it’s his height and athleticism and the way he uses it that put him slightly ahead.

Earlier this year when there was contract talks I thought if we could somehow pull off the turbo signing off we would go a long way to bringing success back. I had the same feeling when Teddys contract was being spoken about when it was clear he was leaving the Tigers.

I can’t see any of the mentioned players (except RTS - as the Warriors continue to be a majority disappointment) or their respective sides not being successful this season.

I feel the player under the most pressure is Mitchell. He hasn’t got the runs on the board at fullback, has shown he is affected by the media. He start the season a little underdone. All in all I’m envisaging success for him and Souths though. There’s just too many positives around him and both himself and Souths will end up happy Mitchell has arrived.