What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 College Football Season

Tom155

Coach
Clemsons DBs have been exposed today, again just now Burrow to Marshall to extend their lead.

LSU’s have been mostly good, CB Stingley in particular has been great looks like a future stud.

Last edited:
If the Bengals don't draft Burrows. Then I'm changing teams to whomever does draft him.

it’s the biggest no-brainer of all time..... surely... I can’t see it not happening unless there’s some serious backdoor dealing by some other club to trade picks/players to get him..

For the first time since 2015 I’m actually confident in the bengals upcoming season..

but it IS the bengals......

shiznit

Coach
it’s the biggest no-brainer of all time..... surely... I can’t see it not happening unless there’s some serious backdoor dealing by some other club to trade picks/players to get him..

For the first time since 2015 I’m actually confident in the bengals upcoming season..

but it IS the bengals......
Meh... I’d rather trade down and take Tua.

You could pick up another pick or two and still end up with the better QB.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Meh... I’d rather trade down and take Tua.

You could pick up another pick or two and still end up with the better QB.

Tua has a much better supporting cast and still can't match Burrows completion percentage. That game wouldn't have been as close if Burrows receivers didn't drop as much ball as they did.

shiznit

Coach
Tua has a much better supporting cast and still can't match Burrows completion percentage. That game wouldn't have been as close if Burrows receivers didn't drop as much ball as they did.
Burrows is a 1 year wonder.

I’d take Tua’s body of work over the past 3 seasons over Burrows... especially considering you could possibly pick him up later and get picks.

let’s be honest here... the only reason why Tua isn’t in the discussion for #1 is because of his injury.

If Tua didn’t get hurt... there’s a very high chance he goes before Burrows.

shiznit

Coach
If anyone drafts Tua above Burrow they need to be locked up.
Only because of injuries....

if you can get Tua + an extra 1st and/or 2nd round draft picks instead of Burrows.... you have to be f**king nuts not to look at it.

Either way I’m happy that the Bengals wont take Tua... they will f**king ruin whoever they get by being cheap... and that’s not just a shot at the Bengals... i hope he stays away from my Raiders for the same reason.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach

I disagree. The other obvious reason is that Burrow has just put together probably the best season of football a college QB has ever put together and he has every single thing a pro QB could possibly need. None of Tua's 3 seasons has come close to this.

I also think Tua is too small.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
I disagree. The other obvious reason is that Burrow has just put together probably the best season of football a college QB has ever put together and he has every single thing a pro QB could possibly need. None of Tua's 3 seasons has come close to this.

As I said... he’s a 1 season wonder...

and it was a hell of a season... but that can be a big red flag....

You just gonna forget the fact he got beat out by Dwayne Haskins?

I heard college football experts say when Tua announced that he was going to declare for the draft that he had one of the best college football career’s of all time.

Even when Burrow and Tua went H2H this year... when LSU won... Tua was unbelievable in that game.

as for his size... he’s bigger than Russell Wilson... he goes alright.

shiznit

Coach

I’m not the only one...

Is Burrow the clear top quarterback?
McShay: Yes, particularly following Tua Tagovailoa's season-ending hip injury. No player in the 2020 class has improved his stock like Burrow, going from fringe prospect before the season to potential No. 1 overall pick. Burrow's rise is very similar to Baker Mayfield's and Kyler Murray's the past two years. Burrow has shown elite accuracy and anticipation on throws, and I really like his pocket presence and toughness. Oregon's Justin Herbert is the No. 2 QB in my rankings -- No. 5 overall -- but he hasn't been nearly as consistent as Burrow this season.

If Tagovailoa were completely healthy, this QB picture would be much cloudier -- the Alabama lefty would still be QB1 for me if this was based on talent and tape alone. He is a special prospect, with incredible accuracy at all levels, a strong arm and great vision.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/...questions-2020-nfl-draft-kiper-mcshay-preview

Valheru

Coach
Tua would probably go at 1 if he wasn't injured...

LSU for me had the most impressive season of any team that I have seen in the 10 years I have followed college football.

They beat 7 teams who were top 10 at the time of playing, 5 of which were top 10 in the final rankings.

I can't remember another team doing that.

shiznit

Coach
Tua would probably go at 1 if he wasn't injured...

LSU for me had the most impressive season of any team that I have seen in the 10 years I have followed college football.

They beat 7 teams who were top 10 at the time of playing, 5 of which were top 10 in the final rankings.

I can't remember another team doing that.
TBH... I don’t follow CFB enough to really know..

but from listening to people who do... they were talking about how there was a lack of elite defences this year.

To the point that Ive heard people say that the Clemson team of last season would have demolished this LSU team.

it’s kinda hard to argue... when you see that Clemson DLine had 3 guys drafted in the top 20 this year.

Dogs Of War

Coach

if you can get Tua + an extra 1st and/or 2nd round draft picks instead of Burrows.... you have to be f**king nuts not to look at it.

Either way I’m happy that the Bengals wont take Tua... they will f**king ruin whoever they get by being cheap... and that’s not just a shot at the Bengals... i hope he stays away from my Raiders for the same reason.

Burrows is perfect for the Bengals. Mainly cause he is an Ohio boy.

Though it would be better if Mike Brown passed away this offseason so the bengals can actually get professional.

shiznit

Coach
Burrows is perfect for the Bengals. Mainly cause he is an Ohio boy.

Though it would be better if Mike Brown passed away this offseason so the bengals can actually get professional.

Yikes... that’s dark... :joy::joy:

I get it though... I was the same in the final couple of years of Al Davis’ life.

Yeah drafting the kid because he’s a Ohio native as one of those stupid things bad franchises do...

kinda like the NBA a couple of seasons ago when the Sun’s drafted Ayton because he went to Arizona State...

Passed on Luka Doncic... SMH...