What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R.I.P. Mark Harris

kit66

Bench
One of my favourite players as a kid. I remember running onto the ground at the end of a match at the SCG and patting the big bloke on the back, a small thing but a treasured memory for an 11 year old footy fan. Great player, hard as nails. RIP mate.

Old Timer

Coach
Mark Harris was "the guru" long before Grothe graced the sidelines of a footy field.
Funny how people wax lyrical about the big wingers of today but have forgotten about the big wingers of yesterday.
Mark Harris, Lionel Williamson, Eddie Lumsden, Brian James, Terry Fahey but to name a few were all big men who would run over the top of forwards and backs alike and all were fleet of foot.
Mark Harris was a player who was terribly hard to dislike even though he pumped us on several occasions.
Good bloke and a face that was good for radio (that nose wow).
Sad ending for a bloke that made many people very happy with his exploits and kind demeanour on and off the paddock.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
One of my favourite players as a kid. I remember running onto the ground at the end of a match at the SCG and patting the big bloke on the back, a small thing but a treasured memory for an 11 year old footy fan. Great player, hard as nails. RIP mate.

Yes mate, the very opposite of most of todays players............. hard as nails, said very little but did his talking on the field.

As Jack would say, "Played strong, did good!"

boardlumps62

Juniors
How strange somewhere this morning i was looking at his face and that iconic nose.
Now I read he has past away. RIp Mark Harris he was awesome for East in the 70's.

Latest posts