What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

T.S Quint

Coach
Packers get up 28-23.

Haven't watched the game yet just tracking the online scores

Russell Wilson did his Russell Wilson thing. You know, where he is hopeless in the first half and keeps getting sacked then all of a sudden the second half starts and he’s able to slip out of tackles and toss it downfield where you just know someone will catch it, or he just runs it himself and picks up 10 yards easily.

Packers defence stepped up on a few occasions in that second half though and it saved them from losing. Rodgers pulled off some brilliant passes as well. Hope he doesn’t do that next week.

T.S Quint

Coach
Why are the 49ers suddenly championship contenders?

Is it normal to turn it around in a season in the NFL?

Not something that normally happens, but it does occasionally.
Usually there's circumstances as to why they were shit the year before, and then the year after those circumstances don't exist. Usually it's an injury to a quarterback which is what happened to the Niners last season. We were looking ok after 3 games until Jimmy Garropolo did an ACL and was out for the rest of the season.

Good decisions through free agency and the draft help a lot when trying to improve. For years we drafted terribly, and did nothing in free agency. The last few seasons we have been stacking our defensive line with first round picks, including Nick Bosa this year (who should end up being the Defensive Rookie of the Year, probably close to Defensive Player of the Year).

So basically, we got a new GM and new coach who started making better decisions, and our QB stayed healthy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Russell Wilson did his Russell Wilson thing. You know, where he is hopeless in the first half and keeps getting sacked then all of a sudden the second half starts and he’s able to slip out of tackles and toss it downfield where you just know someone will catch it, or he just runs it himself and picks up 10 yards easily.

Packers defence stepped up on a few occasions in that second half though and it saved them from losing. Rodgers pulled off some brilliant passes as well. Hope he doesn’t do that next week.

god help us if Adams or Jones ever get injured, we rely so heavily on those 2 for our offence

jk13

First Grade
Can see this being a lot closer than last time, sherm ripping into the doubters hopefully gives us the focus to get to miami

T.S Quint

Coach
Can see this being a lot closer than last time, sherm ripping into the doubters hopefully gives us the focus to get to miami

We are more healthy than last time, but yeah I don’t see us dominating like we did previously.
Got to get major pressure on Rodgers and stop him escaping the pocket, while also stopping the run.
Should be a good game.

hindy111

Post Whore
yes, a chance but I dont see Packers getting destroyed, 49ers are playing well and deserve to be favorites, but we have the king of hail marys

I reckon it will be more then two scores. Rodgers has been about as good as Brady this season. Not in the top 10 QBs at this point.

T.S Quint

Coach
I reckon it will be more then two scores. Rodgers has been about as good as Brady this season. Not in the top 10 QBs at this point.

Rubbish.
Rodgers will be in the top 10 QBs until he retires. Even a not-so-good year from him is better than most QBs best years.
His football IQ is just too high. Same as Peyton Manning. He was not that great physically in his last year, but he was smart enough to get his team to a Super Bowl and win it.

Brady had a shit year by his standards this season, but he still won 12 games.

Who are the 10 QBs better than Rodgers at this point?

hindy111

Post Whore
Rubbish.
Rodgers will be in the top 10 QBs until he retires. Even a not-so-good year from him is better than most QBs best years.
His football IQ is just too high. Same as Peyton Manning. He was not that great physically in his last year, but he was smart enough to get his team to a Super Bowl and win it.

Brady had a shit year by his standards this season, but he still won 12 games.

Who are the 10 QBs better than Rodgers at this point?

Brady has such a soft schedule and chalked up easy wins based on a dominant defense.
The only sides they beat with a win record was Bill's and Eagles who had half a team out.

On form -

Tanehil
Mahomes
Watson
Lamar
Wentz ( What he did with no receivers and no 1 RB was amazing )
Prescott
D.Brees
R.Wilson

I'd prob put them above Rodgers this season.Maybe even Cousins, Ryan and Garropollo.

This is based soley on the last seasons. On best form he is easily top 3 and may click. I reckon he looked ordinary of late however. Not that confident at all.
Time will tell. He still has the smarts and showed it against Seattle

T.S Quint

Coach
Not a chance in hell would I consider Tannehill, Prescott or Wentz better QBs.
Cousins, Ryan neither.
Even as a 49ers fan I wouldn’t put Garropplo above him.

Wilson and Brees I can agree with.

hindy111

Post Whore
On form those 3 are superior. On career not a chance.
Rodgers may become one of the best qbs again or he may slowly be on decline.

Latest posts