What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

NovoBunny94

Juniors

I respect Wayne for being honest. Basically the same situation as Jai Arrow when he was playing for the Broncos - and look how that turned out lol.

As for depth we have:

#7 - Dean Hawkins, Troy Dargan
#1 - Steve Marsters, Allen, AJ, Gagai, Gebbie
#6 - Johns
#9 - Josh Cook

Also have Sironen who can play Second row and Lock

ThingFish

Juniors
I respect Wayne for being honest. Basically the same situation as Jai Arrow when he was playing for the Broncos - and look how that turned out lol.

As for depth we have:

#7 - Dean Hawkins, Troy Dargan
#1 - Steve Marsters, Allen, AJ, Gagai, Gebbie
#6 - Johns
#9 - Josh Cook

Also have Sironen who can play Second row and Lock
And Douhie can cover all those spots. He is Mr Depth, Mr versatile. Will be a shame to see him go.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Doueihi is a great player but why hold him back? Unless he’s going to play in the second row Cody Walker has another good 5 years in him. I say let Doueihi go and chase the money and a starting position. He has been awesome for us but there’s no spot for him in our backline and we shouldn’t be holding players back from reaching their full potential. Players remember stuff like that.

Travitoh

First Grade
Wayne didn't tell Doueihi to piss off, but he won't be the first choice fullback this year so the cub has said they won't stand in his way if he chooses to take other options.
Doueihi is a great player but why hold him back? Unless he’s going to play in the second row Cody Walker has another good 5 years in him. I say let Doueihi go and chase the money and a starting position. He has been awesome for us but there’s no spot for him in our backline and we shouldn’t be holding players back from reaching their full potential. Players remember stuff like that.

It's nice to read some thought out posts on the matter amongst the hysteria.

truthslayer

Juniors
No Brainer losing Douehi. Look at the big picture. Douehi can cover most positions . Braidon Burns how long is he going to last this year. Come origin we need Douehi. A hell of a lot off contract for 21 and we need douehi , he is a gun and you dont let guns go. Really we have Signed Goodwin for what? waste of money . Cody Walker gets injured? Douehi is the future. Can play center 5/8 wing can play fwds no doubt and fullback. FFS have some common sense wayne , you dont want this kid to explore options we need him at souths , big picture wayne.!!! find him a position wayne ! bench is great . I f in 21 we have to lose a couple of backs eg Gagai so be it but keep Douehi.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Can’t argue with that, albeit it’ll be harder to win a premiership without him (not saying we can’t) as he’s so versatile, if it was Easts I’d say they wouldn’t let him go!

One thing I do know is the Tigers want us to pay part of his contract the next two seasons which we shouldn’t do.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Latrell Mitchell’s South Sydney switch set to force young gun Adam Doueihi out of Redfen
NRL PREMIERSHIP
January 16, 2020 7:27am
by STAFF WRITERS
Source: FOX SPORTS

Latrell Mitchell’s arrival at Redfern is reportedly set to force talented youngster Adam Doueihi out of the club. The Sydney Morning Herald reports coach Wayne Bennett told the 21-year-old on Wednesday that he was free to negotiate with rival clubs despite having two years to run on his contract.

It is understood Bennett thinks highly of Doueihi but will not stand in his way should he seek an early release. Doueihi finished the 2019 season as Souths’ starting fullback having claimed the No.1 jersey from Alex Johnston in Round 17. But with Mitchell almost certain to take over the fullback duties, Doueihi would be battling with James Roberts, Dane Gagai and Johnston, Campbell Graham and Braidon Burns for starting spots in a jam-packed Rabbitohs backline.

A move to the Wests Tigers could be on the cards with Michael Maguire flushed with up to a million dollar to spend.The Tigers missed out on Mitchell and are in the market for a new fullback. However, they have reportedly been put off by Doueihi’s $500,000 price tag.

Souths do not need to offload players to be salary-cap compliant and would be unwilling to absorb any of his wages for a rival club.The Tigers currently have 27 spots filled in their NRL top 30 and will need to sign or promote two more players by March 1.They will likely keep one spot open until the June 30 deadline, when the market traditionally balloons with agitated players.

The wait-and-see strategy highlights a reluctance from the club to repeat past mistakes of hastily signing players on long-term deals. They have also been linked to their former winger Josh Addo-Carr.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
We need to also keep in my mind by Round 3 or 4 Burns will have gone down and then we will all be saying we shouldn’t have let Douiehi go.

I’d keep Douiehi for 2020 then re-assess.
Are you willing an injury in Burns just so you can say we need Douiehi?