What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad

The unknown

Juniors
I get what you're saying, but are you able to upgrade him to the top 30 before then as well or is he locked out?

Well considering we are trying to snare that Parra kid who is on a development contract over there into our top 30 squad, I think it’s allowed. As it stands we still have 3 spots to fill

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Is there any official news / viewpoint on Josh Reynolds and the court action from NRL or club? What are the chances he will be stood down or free to play? It would be a unwanted kick if he is stood down once the season has started. Best to get It sorted one way or the other before season start.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Is there any official news / viewpoint on Josh Reynolds and the court action from NRL or club? What are the chances he will be stood down or free to play? It would be a unwanted kick if he is stood down once the season has started. Best to get It sorted one way or the other before season start.

He’ll be fine to play until the court case

gordsy

Juniors
Gotta say I'm surprised re Reynolds being allowed to play, maybe Greenberg think he still plays for the dogs.

I read that Doueihi is free to look for another home. What do we think of getting him into the halves or at f/b ?

Tiger05

First Grade
I read that Doueihi is free to look for another home. What do we think of getting him into the halves or at f/b ?

You'd have to consider giving him a shot. Play him at fullback and see how he goes. We need a replacement for Benji as well.

Shredder

Juniors
Doueihi may be worth a crack. 1 to start and then perhaps depth for the halves.

Apparently his price tag is around $500k which I find difficult to believe, but lets see how it pans out.

Im getting the impression that Madden is the long term strategy for depth in the halves.

Tigerm

First Grade
2 exerts from Fox sports news.

And there’s rumours persisting that Josh Addo-Carr could end up at the Roosters, possibly even before his agreed 2021 exit from the Storm if they receive a similar player in return.

Bummer.

…………………………………………………………..

One player who could be forced to cut short his stay at his current club is Doueihi. The young Rabbitohs gun is the player most likely to be affected by Mitchell’s recruitment.

As a Balmain junior, he has been linked with a switch to the Tigers, who are angling for the Bunnies to foot some of the $500,000 cost of his deal, something Souths aren’t keen on.

But it’s been reported that Souths coach Wayne Bennett has told Doueihi that it’s in his best interests to move on if he wants to cement a regular NRL starting position. It’s a bitter blow for the Lebanon international after he starred at fullback in the back half of the last campaign and had trained in the position during this pre-season before Mitchell landed at Redfern.

WOW, is he worth this?

Shredder

Juniors
I find that number difficult to believe TM considering he has played just 30 first grade games.

He’s a very good young player with a bright future.

Doesn’t sulk or feel sorry for himself, great attitude.Gives 110 every game and at training.

Extremely popular with Souths fans. Club hero, They won’t be happy.

Exactly what we need.

This is the first bunny casualty of the latrell resolution.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
I feel like Doueihi would be a Matterson type signing, very underrated player just has rep players infront of him and can’t get a crack.

Very versatile in the backs, madge would get the best out of him.

The unknown

Juniors
That $500K must be for 2 or 3 years surely?

I want to sign him but not for anywhere near that coin.

Definitely 500k a year. Under Cleary he would rush things and say “sign the dotted line”

Under madge I’m pretty confident he’ll get him as cheap as possible with Souffs paying some of the freight (if we even end up getting him)

Vic Mackey

Referee
2 exerts from Fox sports news.

And there’s rumours persisting that Josh Addo-Carr could end up at the Roosters, possibly even before his agreed 2021 exit from the Storm if they receive a similar player in return.

Bummer.

…………………………………………………………..

One player who could be forced to cut short his stay at his current club is Doueihi. The young Rabbitohs gun is the player most likely to be affected by Mitchell’s recruitment.

As a Balmain junior, he has been linked with a switch to the Tigers, who are angling for the Bunnies to foot some of the $500,000 cost of his deal, something Souths aren’t keen on.

But it’s been reported that Souths coach Wayne Bennett has told Doueihi that it’s in his best interests to move on if he wants to cement a regular NRL starting position. It’s a bitter blow for the Lebanon international after he starred at fullback in the back half of the last campaign and had trained in the position during this pre-season before Mitchell landed at Redfern.

WOW, is he worth this?

Douiehi isn’t worth close to that

Honestly I’d rather give a guy like Nick Meaney a go at fullback if AD is asking that. He’d be asking half that, is much quicker and also a good goal kicker.

Tigerm

First Grade

Honestly I’d rather give a guy like Nick Meaney a go at fullback if AD is asking that. He’d be asking half that, is much quicker and also a good goal kicker.
It does say "Bunnies to foot some of the $500,000 cost of his deal" and I am assuming that is per season, which is elite money, isn't it.
I guess the question is, did the Rabbits pay this in the first place or is this what he is asking for?

super_coach

First Grade

I think he is very good, seen him coming up through our system. Be a ideal no 6 to replace Benji in 2021, in the meantime play no1 this year. Of course I would also like Meaney but you can only buy a player that is on the market

I’d be laying 380 for ad after the Rabbitoh used player discount allowance. So that’s close to 500. I think enough of him not to trouble the rabbits with too much of contribution. 3 years but no promise of a position.

Hes a player on the up like momo.

Last edited: