What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Doueihi

getsmarty

Immortal
Bennett said not interested in Mitchell either

Bennett lies time after time re sal cap or players

Correct...he plays the press like a maestro...they are overstocked with backs...A.J and D.G have been offered elsewhere. ..Goodwin will probably retire @ the end of this Year...its a healthy problem for them to have.

Meanwhile Our coach is happy to continue with aitken & lafai....that's the difference between contenders and pretenders...LOL

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Met Doueihi today through a relative of his involved in building units across from my work place. Asked him about the rumors and he just laughed but said he doesn’t know really what’s going on. He wants to stay at rabbits and when pushed if he would join the big red V his reply was one of amazement. There would need to be some changes there for me but having flanno there is a step in the right direction. I was stunned this from a player of another side. I just said thank Christ we supporters are not the crazy ones.
On another note you would not meet a more humble guy. He loves what Bennet has done for him and says if he has to go he is grateful for what confidence bennet has given him. Well spoken guy humble as anyone you could imagine

getsmarty

Immortal
Met Doueihi today through a relative of his involved in building units across from my work place. Asked him about the rumors and he just laughed but said he doesn’t know really what’s going on. He wants to stay at rabbits and when pushed if he would join the big red V his reply was one of amazement. There would need to be some changes there for me but having flanno there is a step in the right direction. I was stunned this from a player of another side. I just said thank Christ we supporters are not the crazy ones.
On another note you would not meet a more humble guy. He loves what Bennet has done for him and says if he has to go he is grateful for what confidence bennet has given him. Well spoken guy humble as anyone you could imagine

Thanks for sharing Choc....just confirms what I have been told multiple times in regards to trying to get players in....the problem isn't Millward....there it is in black n white....

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade

And people still think we can sign or should be signing superstars like Michell or JAC, by the sound of it we are lucky to have what we've got and be competitive.
Flanno is a step in the right direction for sure, but I can just imagine Mc85 with his foot out ready to trip him up. Anything to save his skin.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Doueihi's best position is fullback who can fill-in in the halves. He's definitely not a winger and I doubt centre would be his go and at 500k per season it would be a massive financial investment based on a whim.
With Lomax as our fullback (and signed long term) only a shift to centre would accomodate Doueihi. Dont forget we also yave young Ramsey and the highly rated youngster from Young (having a seniors moment cant remember his name, and no its not Silverman lol) coming through, so in retrospect Doueihi would be an expensive surplus.

Good player who Get Smarty seems confident isn't available so I'm prepared to accept that. I think he could have been a really good 5/8- not convinced about Norman. However, more fundamentally, even if he had been available, our salary cap mismanagement (Lafai, Aitken, Hunt, Norman, Graham et al) means that we're not at the races for him, Mitchell or any of the good players who may become available before the end of June. We just have to wave them all on to their new club elsewhere, and hope that our promising but inexperienced kids can fill the void.

getsmarty

Immortal
Good player who Get Smarty seems confident isn't available so I'm prepared to accept that. I think he could have been a really good 5/8- not convinced about Norman. However, more fundamentally, even if he had been available, our salary cap mismanagement (Lafai, Aitken, Hunt, Norman, Graham et al) means that we're not at the races for him, Mitchell or any of the good players who may become available before the end of June. We just have to wave them all on to their new club elsewhere, and hope that our promising but inexperienced kids can fill the void.

Just passing on info..we made inquiries...as choc stated above the roadblock is mcgregor...

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Just a simple question: why would any player want to come and play for the Dragons at this present time, even if we had salary cap space?

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Some people will not change there mind re Millward no matter what.
It's a waste of time.

No argument about McGregor being a huge sticking point but cynics could argue that he was coaching when a State of Origin player in Hunt came here so not everyone is turned off by him. I would simply suggest that this club has multiple problems -coaching is one but recruitment is another- and not just because of the coach.

Dragonsamy

Bench
No argument about McGregor being a huge sticking point but cynics could argue that he was coaching when a State of Origin player in Hunt came here so not everyone is turned off by him. I would simply suggest that this club has multiple problems -coaching is one but recruitment is another- and not just because of the coach.

That ok you are entitled to your opinion. But it goes much higher than just the coaches. It's rotten from the head it down. Recruitment is a least of our worries to be honest.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Doueihi's best position is 5/8 too.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
That ok you are entitled to your opinion. But it goes much higher than just the coaches. It's rotten from the head it down. Recruitment is a least of our worries to be honest.

Agree the problems start at Board level- the fiasco with our CEO position is evidence of that. I'm beginning to understand the frustrations the North Sydney supporters experienced week in week out when they were still part of the NRL.

True_Believer

Juniors

The whole Ben Hunt thing can be attributed to paying overs to get him here. Many on here argue that the club paid too much for him. I don't believe he is getting the money quoted in the media, however I do believe that a club with a better coach would have been able to secure his services for a lower price. In this case money talked. Latrell is a great example of this - knocked back a huge offer (some would say overs) from the Tigers to play for the Rabbits under a better coach. That's what players are looking for.

This then leads to your statement about cap mismanagement. The only way to get quality players here at the moment is to pay significant overs - as a result of the coach AND the fact the club doesn't look anywhere near ready to challenge for the title. So Millward is on a hiding to none. In order to attract good players, he's got to pay more for them, therefore restricting his ability to secure quality across the paddock. Don't get me started on third party...

Lastly, the issue with the youngsters is that they aren't getting a shot in first grade. They are looking for that step up but Mary isn't giving them that let alone a starting spot. Not only that, for some of them, we've already got quality players in their preferred position so that opportunity to break into the big time is still likely years away if they stay with us. Like I said, it's a no win situation for Millward at the moment.

Como Connection

First Grade
The whole Ben Hunt thing can be attributed to paying overs to get him here. Many on here argue that the club paid too much for him. I don't believe he is getting the money quoted in the media, however I do believe that a club with a better coach would have been able to secure his services for a lower price. In this case money talked. Latrell is a great example of this - knocked back a huge offer (some would say overs) from the Tigers to play for the Rabbits under a better coach. That's what players are looking for.

This then leads to your statement about cap mismanagement. The only way to get quality players here at the moment is to pay significant overs - as a result of the coach AND the fact the club doesn't look anywhere near ready to challenge for the title. So Millward is on a hiding to none. In order to attract good players, he's got to pay more for them, therefore restricting his ability to secure quality across the paddock. Don't get me started on third party...

Lastly, the issue with the youngsters is that they aren't getting a shot in first grade. They are looking for that step up but Mary isn't giving them that let alone a starting spot. Not only that, for some of them, we've already got quality players in their preferred position so that opportunity to break into the big time is still likely years away if they stay with us. Like I said, it's a no win situation for Millward at the moment.
950k's a year Hunt!
CC

mickeylane

Bench
Just a simple question: why would any player want to come and play for the Dragons at this present time, even if we had salary cap space?
we lack real culture...get the culture right and players will come...Trent Merrin, Sims Bros , Frizell can all instil real playing culture in this club but I dare say the culture starts from the coach...Flanno would be a step in the right direction and would be a potential magnet for good players........

Latest posts