What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Obviously we have no idea of the conversation between Doueihi and Wayne. However, I think the media is twisting some words a bit. Wayne hasn't told him to leave and he hasn't told him he's not wanted, he's just told Adam that if he wants to chase another oppotunity elsewhere, we won't stand in his way. That is exactly the way it should be I feel. If a player wants to leave, why stand in their way?

However, if I was Wayne I would not have told him that. I would have told him he is wanted and that he is in the running for a centre spot. If he puts in the hard work and shines, that left centre spot is his. In my opinion, Doueihi deserves the centre spot because of his form last year. Burns looked great to start 2019 but he needs to prove that he can string a number of games together in reserve grade. That's another reason I'd have Doueihi ahead of him at this stage.

I'd hate to see Doueihi leave but if it happens, that's just the way it is.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why would they sign Douehi to a $500k contract to then get rid of?
It’s to my understanding the Tigers want us to pay at least the first 3 months of his 2020 contract with us, they’re kidding themselves we won’t subsidise that so as far I’m concerned they can either pay his full 500k or get nicked!

Mr Spock!

Referee
It’s to my understanding the Tigers want us to pay at least the first 3 months of his 2020 contract with us, they’re kidding themselves we won’t subsidise that so as far I’m concerned they can either pay his full 500k or get nicked!
Apparently its also backended....

Seems a lot to pay someone who is basically a utility.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Apparently its also backended....

Seems a lot to pay someone who is basically a utility.
Yeah so 550-600k Douiehi will get in 21.

If someone else wants him and wants to pay that I could only wish Douiehi all the best. If not I’m happy that he stays.

For mine though as I said I think we should keep him for 2020 then re-assess, he will get plenty of games starting as we will get injuries.

Yes we are paying him a bit overs, but there’s massive raps on him as we know.

Rabbits20

Immortal
WT Nation

5 hrs ·

The club has been put off by his current salary, however, and will not be interested without a financial contribution from South Sydney.

#WTNation

WT Nation is the Clubs media dept’s FB page…

Re Douiehi

handyman2190

Bench
WT Nation

5 hrs ·

The club has been put off by his current salary, however, and will not be interested without a financial contribution from South Sydney.

#WTNation

WT Nation is the Clubs media dept’s FB page…

Re Douiehi
Take it or leave it,i would not give 1 cent ive been told we could play him in the back row so id have him at 14, he has apparently bulked up, who saw him at training ? Has he filled up since last season?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Take it or leave it,i would not give 1 cent ive been told we could play him in the back row so id have him at 14, he has apparently bulked up, who saw him at training ? Has he filled up since last season?
I haven’t been to training but I’ve seen photos and for sure he’s bulked up.

Anyhow won’t be long til we get a couple of injuries and into the starting 13 right away will be Douiehi.

Crowe

Juniors

From the Warren from a poster who was at training today:

“AD to stay. He’s not reading the press, keeping his head down and training very hard. Let’s all just sit back and see what happens.

As for AJ, we have been told that the Tigers has met with him; I’d suggest he would be the player to depart first. Gagai has one thing on his mind, a premiership, and not going anywhere. Easily the best performer at training, closely followed by Hawkins and Lowe.”

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I haven’t been to training but I’ve seen photos and for sure he’s bulked up.

Anyhow won’t be long til we get a couple of injuries and into the starting 13 right away will be Douiehi.
Why are you convinced we’ll have injuries? Are you hoping for them just so Douiehi will get a run and you can than complain about him not being in the team if he leaves.
Petty bragging rights perhaps?

truthslayer

Juniors
Bank on Burns getting injured? I swear to god sometimes this forum gives me an aneurysm. Tbh the difference between me and you is that I’m concerned about the players welfare whereas you don’t really care as long as it benefits Souths.
load of rubbish , show a bit more concern will you and try a bit of common sense, take a panadol if it upsets you

truthslayer

Juniors
Lol @ everyone wanting to swap a NSW & AUSTRALIAN KANGAROOS rep for a bloke who has only played 30 first grade games and 5 games for a 2nd tier nation.

Come on guys, get real. Unfortunately this is the way the cookie crumbles. It is what it is. If Adam Douihi leaves, he leaves- best of luck to him for the future, a player has to look our for his best opportunities even though it is a team sport. You never know, we may re sign him again later on.

We could be in worse situations. At least we got Sam's money exempt and we have signed a gun front rower in Jai Arrow for next year onwards as well as Latrell Mitchell who was still a superstar in a team full of superstars.
vision its called vision , douehi is part of the future . We know its a team sport come origin we need a team , I have a lot of respect for Douehi Id rather see him shine at souths rather another club.