What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
Maybe things will be different with the centre of excellence. If we start to feel like a professional club maybe players will want to stay here.

I'm hearing rumours that Roosters are circling Addo-Carr. If he ends up there it's gonna break my heart watching Addo Carr and Tedesco tearing sides apart for the Roosters

macnaz

Staff member
Maybe things will be different with the centre of excellence. If we start to feel like a professional club maybe players will want to stay here.

I'm hearing rumours that Roosters are circling Addo-Carr. If he ends up there it's gonna break my heart watching Addo Carr and Tedesco tearing sides apart for the Roosters
It's going to break my heart watching the game I've loved my whole life being controled and manipulated by the same few clubs year in and year out. It has to get to a stage where real supporters say enough is enough and walk away, I can honestly say each year it's getting harder to stay interested:(

axl rose

Bench

Journos link every off contract player, every week, to either us or Roosters. Roosters already have an international winger in Ryan Hall who couldn't make their run-on team.

axl rose

Bench
It's going to break my heart watching the game I've loved my whole life being controled and manipulated by the same few clubs year in and year out. It has to get to a stage where real supporters say enough is enough and walk away, I can honestly say each year it's getting harder to stay interested:(
Our incompetent management over the years has helped but the NRL are happy for us to be a basket case. That's why there is no draft. So they can eventually force relocations or cut Sydney teams. Is there going to be 8 teams in Sydney by mid decade? I have my doubts.

Will Tigpies fans be salty at Latrell at the next game?

Genuine question. Don’t know the “ins and outs” of how he turkey-slapped yas before joining Souffs.

Spurned or don’t care?

gordsy

Juniors

Genuine question. Don’t know the “ins and outs” of how he turkey-slapped yas before joining Souffs.

Spurned or don’t care?
Thought he was a shit signing, glad we missed him. Can see it going amazing or being a total shit show at Souths. I see him taking a while to strip the weight and get into top form too. .
Hope NSW tell him to f**k off. We are building a winning culture and don't need him f**king it up

Tigers Tale

Juniors

Spurned or don’t care?

I guess this is a fair question from someone who hasn't followed this debacle as close as WT supporters have but WT were not spurned....WT withdrew their offer, it was no longer on the table, he signed with Souths as no one else really wanted him. I think we turkey slapped him more than him us....seriously we offered way more money in the beginning, he signed (well on paper anyway for much less), if our offer was still available he'd have taken it. We are talking hundreds of thousands per year. Only a mad person or someone trying to avoid being coached by McGregor would sign for so much less....

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I think Latrell was always going to souths because his family wanted him to go there. The whole circus was just to wedge the roosters into releasing him to Souths for this year, which they had said they would never do. So actually well played by him & his manager. I'd say that's why Tigers management pulled the offer, because they knew they were being used.

The unknown

Juniors
Packer was a great signing. The guy played out of his skin before he got hurt in his first year with us.

The club really, somehow, needs to buy a player that will attract other players to come to the club. Who that is, I have no idea though I would suggest they would have to wear the 7 jersey.

I think packer is in for a big year. Idk what goes on behind the scenes, but from all reports he is fitter than ever and has made up with madge.

I really hope we can nab Addo-Carr but Roosters have cash to splash (lol) and they are a much more desirable destination than us.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think packer is in for a big year. Idk what goes on behind the scenes, but from all reports he is fitter than ever and has made up with madge.

I really hope we can nab Addo-Carr but Roosters have cash to splash (lol) and they are a much more desirable destination than us.

If Packer is actually back to his best then its basically a new recruit. Didn't think I'd say this but we have shitload of depth in the forwards:
Middle Forwards - Packer, Mikale, Musgrove, Twal, Clark, Eisenhuth, possibly Stefano
Edge Forwards - MCK, Mcqueen, Lawrence, Garner, Luciano
Middle/Edge Fowrads - E.T, Aloai

None of these players are world beaters but I am truly confident Madge can get them working together as a unit and match it with most sides in the comp.

Benji and Brooks played very well together last year, I'm hoping Brooks can continue to improve and Benji retains his form from last year. I don't think we will be losing games because of poor game management

What is extremely concerning is Hooker, Goal Kicking and our entire 1-5 back-line

Hooker - I'm assuming Reynolds will just have to make do until Liddle comes back from injury? I feel like whatever happens it is just a stop gap solution until Stimpkson is ready? By all reports he has huge wraps on him and could very well develop into an outstanding 9. We will need to make sure we time his contracts carefully so that when he starts performing he can't f**k off the Roosters or Broncos

1-5 Back line and Goal-Kicking - I honestly don't see how the f**k we are scoring points next season. This is by far our biggest issue and is going to f**k our season completely. What is Mbye's deal? Is he training at centre? I know he played Origin at centre but seriously, I don't see any strike power in him. Thompson gives 205% every game but I don't recall a single try assist you would expect from a fullback. If he was bigger and taller he'd be a fantastic winger but....
Momo is on the up but still completely unknown if he is a regular first grader. Nofa is solid but he can be rocks and diamonds alot...then Jennings. If he improves by 2x he will still be an average wimger....
Goal kicking is a joke. Unless Momo somehow improves out of sight with his consistency we will definitely be losing a couple of games due to goal kicking.

I don't recall a pre-season where I've been less confident than I am now. I really hope I'm wrong

Wizardman

First Grade
If Packer is actually back to his best then its basically a new recruit. Didn't think I'd say this but we have shitload of depth in the forwards:
Middle Forwards - Packer, Mikale, Musgrove, Twal, Clark, Eisenhuth, possibly Stefano

None of these players are world beaters but I am truly confident Madge can get them working together as a unit and match it with most sides in the comp.

Benji and Brooks played very well together last year, I'm hoping Brooks can continue to improve and Benji retains his form from last year. I don't think we will be losing games because of poor game management

What is extremely concerning is Hooker, Goal Kicking and our entire 1-5 back-line

Hooker - I'm assuming Reynolds will just have to make do until Liddle comes back from injury? I feel like whatever happens it is just a stop gap solution until Stimpkson is ready? By all reports he has huge wraps on him and could very well develop into an outstanding 9. We will need to make sure we time his contracts carefully so that when he starts performing he can't f**k off the Roosters or Broncos

1-5 Back line and Goal-Kicking - I honestly don't see how the f**k we are scoring points next season. This is by far our biggest issue and is going to f**k our season completely. What is Mbye's deal? Is he training at centre? I know he played Origin at centre but seriously, I don't see any strike power in him. Thompson gives 205% every game but I don't recall a single try assist you would expect from a fullback. If he was bigger and taller he'd be a fantastic winger but....
Momo is on the up but still completely unknown if he is a regular first grader. Nofa is solid but he can be rocks and diamonds alot...then Jennings. If he improves by 2x he will still be an average wimger....
Goal kicking is a joke. Unless Momo somehow improves out of sight with his consistency we will definitely be losing a couple of games due to goal kicking.

I don't recall a pre-season where I've been less confident than I am now. I really hope I'm wrong

Im not confident in any preseason, not even in 2005.

I'm at the point where I pretty much only watch the WT now. I used to watch most, if not all, games every weekend. It's at the point now where I can only generate enough interest for my own club and I'll watch another game if I have f**k all to do (which is rare with a family,) and there's nothing else on.

Spurned or don’t care?

I would have really liked him at the club, I think he could have been that star player that could have made the difference if the rest of the team did their job.

I'm OK with the outcome, most of the circus was a result of the media. He was granted permission to negotiate by his club who clearly didn't want him, he tested the market, and then it took time for him to work out a deal with his preferred destination. Everything else was a media beat up that milked it for all it was worth as it's the off season and there's f**k all for them to report on. They even twisted his words when he signed for them in order to generate clicks by spurned Tigers fans. The media that report on the NRL are pathetic. As already said, WT probably figured out early on in the piece that Latrell had made his mind up and it was just working out the kinks in his deal with Souths and then rescinded their offer.

The only thing I don't buy is that he signed with Souths for less this year. I am certain there's TPA's up the wazoo making sure he's getting something similar to what we were offering.

Our two biggest issues lay in the spine for mine. We have no established fullback and hooker.

I would have been OK with us picking up Bully on a year or two deal to warm the seat for Liddle if he ever makes it to the point where he can play two or three games without picking up an injury or Simpkins was ready to come into grade.

Still doesn't answer the FB problem. We'll need to target another FB elsewhere (looking to be Doueihi if the media are to be believed,) as Thompson for all his ticker and effort is a stop-gap at best at fullback. Maybe Madge will put Mbye back there if we don't lock up Doueihi, who knows?

Momo is my first centre picked, with Mbye taking the other spot to start with a view of bringing Talau on during the year. Madge has given him his debut so it's clear he'll feature at some point.

Jennings and Nofo would be my first choice wingers, Jennings looks like he has worked hard in the off season and trimmed right down. It is a contract year for him I believe so no surprise that he's going to work his ring out if he wants to guarantee his future. Hopefully it translates on the field.

If we manage to get Stefano over from Parra and Packer finds form, I think our pack will be well rounded out and create opportunities for the backs. Whether they capitalise on them or not is yet to be seen.

Tiger Ted

Bench

I’d luv to share ur optimism re Packer.We certainly r going to find out if he has any integrity this season.

Re JAC In contrast to us the rorters have the advantage of offering the storm a decent winger as they have surplus quality wingers.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Our two biggest issues lay in the spine for mine. We have no established fullback and hooker.

I would have been OK with us picking up Bully on a year or two deal to warm the seat for Liddle if he ever makes it to the point where he can play two or three games without picking up an injury or Simpkins was ready to come into grade.

Still doesn't answer the FB problem. We'll need to target another FB elsewhere (looking to be Doueihi if the media are to be believed,) as Thompson for all his ticker and effort is a stop-gap at best at fullback. Maybe Madge will put Mbye back there if we don't lock up Doueihi, who knows?

Momo is my first centre picked, with Mbye taking the other spot to start with a view of bringing Talau on during the year. Madge has given him his debut so it's clear he'll feature at some point.

Jennings and Nofo would be my first choice wingers, Jennings looks like he has worked hard in the off season and trimmed right down. It is a contract year for him I believe so no surprise that he's going to work his ring out if he wants to guarantee his future. Hopefully it translates on the field.

If we manage to get Stefano over from Parra and Packer finds form, I think our pack will be well rounded out and create opportunities for the backs. Whether they capitalise on them or not is yet to be seen.
I’m hearing Mbye has been training at hooker.I can’t c him serving out his contract & expect Benji to b club captain this season.

Re Doueihi I certainly hope we sign him.Hes a quality kid who is proficient in a no. of positions.Hes a goalkicker & a big body which is what we need more of in our backline.

If we do snag AD dont b surprised if he & Talau are our centre combination this season as Thommos best position is fullback.