What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Doueihi

Dragonslayer

First Grade
we lack real culture...get the culture right and players will come...Trent Merrin, Sims Bros , Frizell can all instil real playing culture in this club but I dare say the culture starts from the coach...Flanno would be a step in the right direction and would be a potential magnet for good players........

The problem is - what is culture and how does it apply to the Dragons?

You're right when you say "it starts from the coach" and it was evident to see how poles apart we are when the coach states openly "we let things slip last year" not focused, basking in the 85 mins way from a GF etc.

Is culture simply just winning? or is it pride in the jersey? having a go etc

Or is it a combo of all of the above (and more)?

Dragonsamy

Bench
we lack real culture...get the culture right and players will come...Trent Merrin, Sims Bros , Frizell can all instil real playing culture in this club but I dare say the culture starts from the coach...Flanno would be a step in the right direction and would be a potential magnet for good players........

Spot on Mickey let hope Flanno stays longer than this year

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

You're right when you say "it starts from the coach" and it was evident to see how poles apart we are when the coach states openly "we let things slip last year" not focused, basking in the 85 mins way from a GF etc.

As you say, it’s a combo of coach & club showing players a clear direction of where the club has come from and where it is headed.

With the coach we have, he cannot display any leadership because he is so engrossed in his own inability to plan or lead.

He spends his time making excuses and coming up with the same old tired cliques that there is no time for genuine leadership, that players thrive upon to reach their potential.

Hence we have players who have not prospered under McGregor.

jak

Bench
The whole Ben Hunt thing can be attributed to paying overs to get him here. Many on here argue that the club paid too much for him. I don't believe he is getting the money quoted in the media, however I do believe that a club with a better coach would have been able to secure his services for a lower price. In this case money talked. Latrell is a great example of this - knocked back a huge offer (some would say overs) from the Tigers to play for the Rabbits under a better coach. That's what players are looking for.

This then leads to your statement about cap mismanagement. The only way to get quality players here at the moment is to pay significant overs - as a result of the coach AND the fact the club doesn't look anywhere near ready to challenge for the title. So Millward is on a hiding to none. In order to attract good players, he's got to pay more for them, therefore restricting his ability to secure quality across the paddock. Don't get me started on third party...

Lastly, the issue with the youngsters is that they aren't getting a shot in first grade. They are looking for that step up but Mary isn't giving them that let alone a starting spot. Not only that, for some of them, we've already got quality players in their preferred position so that opportunity to break into the big time is still likely years away if they stay with us. Like I said, it's a no win situation for Millward at the moment.
great post mate

LINESPEED

Juniors

Dad was always attributing Dragons’ success to Frank Facer’s stewardship of the Club

- which translates to a wise, powerful & universally acclaimed & respected CEO who recruited & assembled the best players - tough men (with a warrior coach) who bled for the jersey, played for each other & had an absolute will to win that instilled fear in the opposition.
LOL

Have I mentioned everything that we don’t have ATM?

Good luck with the meditation

epDragon62

First Grade
Dad was always attributing Dragons’ success to Frank Facer’s stewardship of the Club

- which translates to a wise, powerful & universally acclaimed & respected CEO who recruited & assembled the best players - tough men (with a warrior coach) who bled for the jersey, played for each other & had an absolute will to win that instilled fear in the opposition.
LOL

Have I mentioned everything that we don’t have ATM?

Good luck with the meditation
Although society has changed and Frank Facer may not have been so successful (assuming he did not adapt) in this era, the basic foundation is the same.

BTW - the meditation shouldn't be a source of ridicule; it can help but should only be a part of the solution...

getsmarty

Immortal
No argument about McGregor being a huge sticking point but cynics could argue that he was coaching when a State of Origin player in Hunt came here so not everyone is turned off by him. I would simply suggest that this club has multiple problems -coaching is one but recruitment is another- and not just because of the coach.

Correct re multiple problems...but recruitment is heavily effected by 1/. who the coach is..2/. Third Party...Yes i know the club doesn't organize these...

Just take a look at the latest ...https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/articles.460411/page-158

J A C and we are mentioned....My Bet is he will end up @ either the roosters or souths...

and the NRL will not blink an eyelid as once again the top tier sides get even stronger....

denis preston

First Grade
No argument about McGregor being a huge sticking point but cynics could argue that he was coaching when a State of Origin player in Hunt came here so not everyone is turned off by him. I would simply suggest that this club has multiple problems -coaching is one but recruitment is another- and not just because of the coach.

Fair enough but when Hunt joined a couple of seasons ago you could say the jury was still out on Mcmuppets abilities.Two seasons later everybody but the Board and his media mates knows he is a charlatan.The irony here is the Board is more stupid than i thought as by canning the coach, bring in proven performers and the side moves up the table and this takes pressure & scrutiny off them for a easy life.It shows the politics of our situation ( Mary, Albert & Gordon holding the reins ? ). Boards only make drastic changes when they see their job threatened.Or in our case make changes only to sugarcoat the fans but do nothing about what really needs to be done.

LINESPEED

Juniors
As you say, it’s a combo of coach & club showing players a clear direction of where the club has come from and where it is headed.

With the coach we have, he cannot display any leadership because he is so engrossed in his own inability to plan or lead.

He spends his time making excuses and coming up with the same old tired cliques that there is no time for genuine leadership, that players thrive upon to reach their potential.

Hence we have players who have not prospered under McGregor.

Agree OKB1.

With a coach who’s developed a she’ll-be-right-boyo choker culture there’s little left in the locker to inspire anyone bar hacks & journeymen to join the RedV

Today’s players like Doueihi want the instant gratification of a title - and they thus mock our coach who belongs with the alsorans

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Correct re multiple problems...but recruitment is heavily effected by 1/. who the coach is..2/. Third Party...Yes i know the club doesn't organize these...

Just take a look at the latest ...https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/articles.460411/page-158

J A C and we are mentioned....My Bet is he will end up @ either the roosters or souths...

and the NRL will not blink an eyelid as once again the top tier sides get even stronger....

It just amazes me how the Rorters & Souffs at completely cap free.

They have no cap.
They are cap less.
They are without cap!
They couldn’t give a cap!
They have no cap to give.
Personally, l think the cap, is crap!
Hate the cap.
Don’t you all hate the cap?
Stuff the cap!
To cap it off,
l say the cap sux!

Wittenberg

Juniors
Although society has changed and Frank Facer may not have been so successful (assuming he did not adapt) in this era, the basic foundation is the same.

BTW - the meditation shouldn't be a source of ridicule; it can help but should only be a part of the solution...
We have not got the money Frank had at his disposal then. We were seen as the Roosters and Manly of that time ....silver tails ....money ...it helps

Old Timer

Coach
We have not got the money Frank had at his disposal then. We were seen as the Roosters and Manly of that time ....silver tails ....money ...it helps
Fair to say that West’s were actually the real silver tails back then
Their squad was the big money team of the day
No doubt Frank had a war chest but we certainly weren’t on our own
The thing Saints had above all others was the best coaches and best training methods and that also was a strong attractant to other players especially those wanting to play rep footy.
Kearney was iron fisted and tough as teak and mad on fitness and Harry Bath brought back the very best of what the English were doing at club and international level because they were the dominant country with the highest skill levels in the game.
We were professionals in a predominantly amateur comp.
Sad cry from today.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The 1960's depth up until 1966 was amazing.
Full-backs- Graham, Langland's and McKean
Wingers- King, Lumsden, James and Burns
Centres- Gasnier, Greaves, Riley, Pollard and Maddison
Five-Eighth- Clay
Half-back- Bugden, Smith, Evans
Lock- Raper, Levin
Second Row- Norm Provan, Peter Provan, Rasmussen, Huddart, Taylforth
Props- Wilson, Porter, Ryan, Gourlay, Mc Ritchie
Hookers- Walsh, Armstong
Players like Smith, Raper, Clay, England's,
Evans and Rasmussen could play multiple positions.
Frank Facer was a genius.

sco22

Juniors
Met Doueihi today through a relative of his involved in building units across from my work place. Asked him about the rumors and he just laughed but said he doesn’t know really what’s going on. He wants to stay at rabbits and when pushed if he would join the big red V his reply was one of amazement. There would need to be some changes there for me but having flanno there is a step in the right direction. I was stunned this from a player of another side. I just said thank Christ we supporters are not the crazy ones.
On another note you would not meet a more humble guy. He loves what Bennet has done for him and says if he has to go he is grateful for what confidence bennet has given him. Well spoken guy humble as anyone you could imagine
No we are not crazy everyone knows what the clown is that’s the whole problem

BBTB

Juniors
Fair enough but when Hunt joined a couple of seasons ago you could say the jury was still out on Mcmuppets abilities.Two seasons later everybody but the Board and his media mates knows he is a charlatan.The irony here is the Board is more stupid than i thought as by canning the coach, bring in proven performers and the side moves up the table and this takes pressure & scrutiny off them for a easy life.It shows the politics of our situation ( Mary, Albert & Gordon holding the reins ? ). Boards only make drastic changes when they see their job threatened.Or in our case make changes only to sugarcoat the fans but do nothing about what really needs to be done.
Real group of fraudulent parasites.

BLM01

First Grade
It is a no from me...too much money wanted for a good but another bits and pieces fill in anywhere player
But a much better version of a Kurt Mann style.
You see..like many others he has carved us up when he fills in playing against the Dragons.

Brutalitops

Juniors
It is a no from me...too much money wanted for a good but another bits and pieces fill in anywhere player
But a much better version of a Kurt Mann style.
You see..like many others he has carved us up when he fills in playing against the Dragons.
Doueihi has performed on multiple occasions, including finals matches and at one point before his ACL was a form player of the competition.

Whoever gets him is getting a good one. Won't be us though

BLM01

First Grade
Doueihi has performed on multiple occasions, including finals matches and at one point before his ACL was a form player of the competition.

Whoever gets him is getting a good one. Won't be us though
if Douehi is that good he would hold down a backline position at Souths over someone else.
Having said that i agree he is a good player and can offer something to someone but it seems at this stage it is utility. he could certainly get a start in our side but his management are asking too much money for what he has produced week in week out.

Frank Facer

First Grade
if Douehi is that good he would hold down a backline position at Souths over someone else.
Having said that i agree he is a good player and can offer something to someone but it seems at this stage it is utility. he could certainly get a start in our side but his management are asking too much money for what he has produced week in week out.
I think Souths should play Doueihi halfback. I think he has a better all round game than Adam Overrated Reynolds. I think 5/8 is Doueihi's best position, but Cody Walker has been one of Souths best over the last 2 or 3 years.

Warabrook saint

Juniors

It should be starting from the head office

Latest posts