What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RLWC draw

latingringo101

Juniors
I’m far from being a royalist but how good is it to see Harry involved? He’s done more in a couple of years than any of his relatives have done in decades.
He's a military man and RL forms bonds similar to what soldiers form while on duty (not comparing a soldiers life to a RL player totally different lines of work) but there's been a rich history of military involvement in RL in the past 15-20 years.

Harry has probably seen how our sport can relate to people like him and has gotten on board

Coastbloke

Bench
Well now he can be the sport's North American Ambassador, because it looks like he's living there 50% of the time minus Royal title.. :thinking:

Coastbloke

Bench
I've given up trying to copy and paste, but News.com have decided to give the game a kick up the arse with the story that Harry has withdrawn from the event.

Couple of other things. According to the article it's an embarrassment to the the NRL (Not the IRL)

They called the IRL the RLIF..

This bloke who just got the job in the IRL (Barclay?) has the hardest job in the world. Trying to get this game out of Amateur hour. Good luck buddy. You're gonna need every fibre of your b being to help us..

deluded pom?

Coach
Apparently Harry is going to honour his patronages, he’s the patron of the RFL. The WC draw on Thursday could be huge publicity for the tournament as it will be his first public appearance since he took early retirement. The world’s press will be there. Maybe Harry could draw teams for groups A and C and Meghan could do groups B and D.

adamkungl

Immortal
Apparently Harry is going to honour his patronages, he’s the patron of the RFL. The WC draw on Thursday could be huge publicity for the tournament as it will be his first public appearance since he took early retirement. The world’s press will be there. Maybe Harry could draw teams for groups A and C and Meghan could do groups B and D.

I'll believe it when I see it haha

A royal quitting the 'job' just to avoid having anything to do with us is basically peak rugby league

Springs09

Juniors
So I believe the draw is 11pm tonight in Australia? Anywhere in Australia where it's livestreamed?

adamkungl

Immortal
Least predictable/most even pools?
This drawing would have Aus and NZ pissing it in through the pool games, but gives every nation a decent shot at 2nd place and a QF spot.
Pot 3 and 4 nations will be hoping to match up with Lebanon in pot 2 rather than one of the stacked Pacific nations! Though France and Ireland might fancy their chances against Samoa on a good day

Greece
Jamaica
Lebanon
New Zealand

Ireland
Scotland
Samoa
Tonga

Cook Islands
France
Fiji
England

Italy
Wales
PNG
Australia

Springs09

Juniors
Hmm most even pools I'd go:
England, PNG, Scotland, Greece
Australia, Fiji, France, Italy
NZ, Samoa, Wales, Cook Islands
Tonga, Lebanon, Jamaica, Ireland

I'd say those are the least likely to see blowouts. England aren't great at putting countries to the sword even at home. Fiji/France/Italy are probably the least likely to get 70+ put on them by Australia. NZ are never great in England and while Tonga can beat Aus/NZ they are still less likely to flog Lebanon or Jamaica.

TDD91

Juniors
England, Samoa, France, Greece
Australia, Fiji, Scotland, Italy
NZ, Lebanon, Jamaica, Ireland
Tonga, PNG, Wales, Cook Islands

England vs Samoa opens the tournament in Newcastle.

Springs09

Juniors
So thoughts:
- Greece did indeed get drawn in England's pool, probably the best outcome
- If Samoa can be at full strength (especially if SBW plays) the opener could be a ripper
- Australia's group is probably the strongest, though unlikely that anyone will get within 30 points of them.
- Ireland with a big chance to make the finals. NZ v Lebanon/Jamaica could be ugly.
- Tonga/PNG/Cook Islands will all be interesting match-ups

Full Fixtures (no order)
Group A
England v Samoa
France v Greece
Samoa v France
England v Greece
England v France
Samoa v Greece

Group B
Australia v Fiji
Scotland v Italy
Australia v Italy
Fiji v Scotland
Australia v Scotland
Fiji v Italy

Group C
NZ v Lebanon
Jamaica v Ireland
Lebanon v Ireland
NZ v Jamaica
NZ v Ireland
Jamaica v Lebanon

Group D
Tonga v PNG
Cook Islands v Wales
Tonga v Wales
PNG v Cook Islands
Tonga v Cook Islands
PNG v Wales

1921.jpg

Burns

First Grade
Group B is super interesting and means we won't have to see Australia v Fiji and a Semi Final haha.
Group C looks very easy for NZ.

Anyone know how the Semis would work out?

Latest posts