What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not at all, inaction will obviously mean greater concentrations of Co2 in the atmosphere, this will mean warming will also be greater. I accept that as fact, We've known this for a number of decades now.

Exactly what the results of that will be is far from certain. Though I tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to messing with the composition of our atmosphere.
I meant the choices aren't just between inaction and tax.

Gronk

Staff member
I agree. Pricing carbon emissions is the most efficient option though.

A price on carbon forces the polluters to reinvent themselves.

Stories that are appearing in the media like solar powered beer is proof that the market can adapt. Case studies (stubbies ?) like VB show that the can complete their end to end production without drawing on the grid. Did they do it for cred with the millennials ? No , it saves them money.

https://insidefmcg.com.au/2019/09/16/victoria-bitter-to-brew-using-solar-power/

Early adopters have been smart enough to take advantage of the CEFC.

https://www.cefc.com.au/case-studies/

Bazal

Post Whore
A price on carbon forces the polluters to reinvent themselves.

Stories that are appearing in the media like solar powered beer is proof that the market can adapt. Case studies (stubbies ?) like VB show that the can complete their end to end production without drawing on the grid. Did they do it for cred with the millennials ? No , it saves them money.

https://insidefmcg.com.au/2019/09/16/victoria-bitter-to-brew-using-solar-power/

Early adopters have been smart enough to take advantage of the CEFC.

https://www.cefc.com.au/case-studies/

Well its easy to brew VB without much power.

All you really need is enough light for the workers to find the urinal

hindy111

Post Whore
Alan Jones basicaly said.
The millenials are some of the biggest consumers of any generation. Perhaps they should walk or ride a bike to school and stop being consumerist pigs trying to keep up with the newest trends.

Alan Jones basicaly said.
The millenials are some of the biggest consumers of any generation. Perhaps they should walk or ride a bike to school and stop being consumerist pigs trying to keep up with the newest trends.
Did you hear this as you were backing theRam's car down the driveway?

hindy111

Post Whore
Does anyone think that perhaps.....

Planet earth been around for I dunno 5000 yrs. And we have had ice ages and the poles have reversed in the past.
We know earth spins around once in 24hrs and another cycle over 12mths around the sun. 2 cycles we are aware of.
Is there a larger one? Like our whole solar system perhaps has a cycle of maybe 10,000 years. And in that time the poles reverse, we heat up, we freeze up, all living species die. And we start again.
Perhaps after 7500yrs -10,000 yrs the planet EARTH is unhibital but between 0-1500 it all starts back up again. Just like a flower returning in spring before it dies in Autumn. Life can only exist between 1500 - 7500 yrs.
Why do people see everything as an individual existence rather then a connected organisim that perhaps we are......

hindy111

Post Whore
Too hard to think about...Mind been blown. We are humans and far too Important a species.
It' must be sometbing else like global warming. We can live forever . We must survive.
I guess it's how we have been conditioned

carson

Juniors
I agree. Pricing carbon emissions is the most efficient option though.

Depends on the end product. Currently the increasing taxes on beer are not hurting the beer companies because they just pass the cost onto the end consumer. Same thing would happen to carbon emission taxes. The ones who will suffer will be the end consumer and the environment.

Latest posts