What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU’s Movie of the Decade

Misanthrope

Staff member
As suggested by Game Breaker, I thought I’d begin voting on Movie of the Decade while memories are still relatively fresh.

PM me or post below your TEN (10) to THIRTY (30) favourite movies of the past decade. That’s movies released between January 1st 2010 and December 31st 2019.

I’ll then calculate results and post a countdown alongside or just after my LU’s Favourite Movie countdown.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Why not make submitting your list of movies the first 2020 resolution you achieve?

We’ve got two lists in so far!

Sent my 30 for the decade.

There are plenty of good movies not on there. Looking at that list reminds me of all the ones I’ve been meaning to get around to.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Two more sets of votes and things are certainly starting to take shape.
It has definitely been a decade for sci-fi and war flicks, apparently!

Going through that whole list, there are so many movies I've bought I've still got to catch up on.

That said, I've submitted my list of films I've watched and enjoyed over the past decade. Geez...so many. And where did those 10 years go?!?!

I'm leaning on Toy Story 3 being the top. I saw it with my wife and our first son was just on a year old when we saw it. I must have sobbed my way through that last 20 minutes. Such a fantastic ending. (I'm still to see Toy Story 4 as well as I don't want it to spoil 3's emotional conclusion).

As for the MCU...there's probably only a couple of movies I've seen more than once. Captain America First Avenger, Ant-Man...

Going through that whole list, there are so many movies I've bought I've still got to catch up on.

That said, I've submitted my list of films I've watched and enjoyed over the past decade. Geez...so many. And where did those 10 years go?!?!

I'm leaning on Toy Story 3 being the top. I saw it with my wife and our first son was just on a year old when we saw it. I must have sobbed my way through that last 20 minutes. Such a fantastic ending. (I'm still to see Toy Story 4 as well as I don't want it to spoil 3's emotional conclusion).

As for the MCU...there's probably only a couple of movies I've seen more than once. Captain America First Avenger, Ant-Man...

Toy Story 4 is a bit shit.

Generalzod

Immortal
Here are my top 10:

Mad Max Fury Road:
Interstellar
Gone Girl
Avengers Infinity War
Batman vs Superman (Loved it)
Blade Runner 2049
12 years of Slave
The Dark Knight Rises
Argo f**k urself Lol
John Wicks.

grouch

First Grade
Thor Ragnarok
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Moonlight
The Nice Guys
Mad Max Fury Road
The Last Jedi
John Wick
Pop Stars: Never Stop Never Stopping
Animal Kingdom

and... the impossible to avoid...

Frozen

Wizardman

First Grade
I have a very tight top 15 here. Some will appear in a few lists, some have been bagged and will appear on no list. But, this one is mine :)

1. Mad Max:Fury Road = Simply the best. An absolute feast for the eyes. Some hated it...the movie just blew my mind. Any sequel has a massive act to follow.

2. Get Out = One of those beautiful movie experiences where I walked in expecting nothing and had my mind blown in amazement once I left the cinema. One of three movies I have seen twice in the cinema (Max Max: Fury Road and Terminator Two: Judgement Day being the other). A lot of the content would have flown over peoples heads in this country. Utterly brilliant!

3. Sicario: This is one of only two movies on this list that I saw on dvd rather than in the cinema (Deadpool being the other one). Also, one of three movies with Emily Blunt in it who was terrific. A very tense movie with Del Toro being his usual understated self.

4. Joker: It is hard to argue that Phoenix has not delivered the performance of the decade in this movie. Very heavily similar to "Taxi Driver" but has its own brilliance.

5. Den of Thieves: Probably the most underrated movie of the decade. Killer storyline, great tension and great action. Proof of the movies greatness is that it is great despite the presence of Gerard Butler in a lead role.

6. A Quiet Place: As you can see, I like movies with tension. This movie has it in spades. Some people were critical in regards to believability of events.....but, it IS only a movie. The build up of tension made up for any shortcomings.

7. A Star is Born: Im 100% certain this movie won't appear on any list in LU. I was in tears a couple of times during this movie. While it was prob a tad too long in parts, the performances were fantastic. I thought Brad Cooper was a moral for best actor until Rami Malek showed up. Music was great.

8. The Mule: I love Clint Eastwood and he delivers a usual Clint performance. I thought the movie had some feeling and heart to it. Better than what the critics stated.

9. Black K Klansmen: Incredibly based on actual events. Great powerful movie with a sobering ending.

10. Gone Girl: Great movie that you never really quite work out the events until the filmmaker reveals them to you with shocking results. Stuff being Ben Affleck!

11. Brightburn: I loved the idea for the film and thought the filmmakers pulled it off fairly well.

12. The Girl on a Train: Quite a bagged film and Im not sure why. Great performance from Blunt and the movie keeps you guessing.

13. Us: Similar sort of filmmaking to "Get Out" but not pulled off as well. It was still a great watch.

14: Deadpool: I hired this movie with no real interest on seeing it at all. I didn't even bother to watch it the night that I hired it. I put it on the next morning which was a work day and thought "How the hell did I miss seeing this gem?". Apart from Superman 1-3, my favourite superhero movie of all time. Awesome! Here is the kicker....I still have not seen Deadpool 2...lol.

15. Life: Another bagged movie that I really liked. The ending was awesome.

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
So, I really can't remember all the movie from the past decade but these are some of my definite favourites in no particular order.

Whiplash

The Lego Movie

Spider-man into the Spiderverse

Knives Out

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Deadpool

Edge of Tomorrow

Room

Free Solo

I Am Not Your Negro

Haywire

The Raid

The Martian

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

A Quiet Place

Moneyball

The Big Short

Blackkklansman

Rogue One

John Wick as a combo of all 3.

Game Night

Spotlight

axl rose

Bench
So, I really can't remember all the movie from the past decade but these are some of my definite favourites in no particular order.

The Martian
Game Night

Forgot it came out last decade or I would have chosen it. Game Night was on my list.

Last edited:

Latest posts