What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
EOdcz89U0AA_rQu

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Whether you like them or not, some of these Nines jersies look plain and simple which makes it even better rather than those previous ones.

greenBV4

Bench
What sponsor is the S? Or is it just for Storm?

They've been using that "s" logo here and there as a kind of secondary logo for a year or 2 now

Its also used in the logo for "Storm Money" that launched last year, might even end up seeing that as the sponsor for the year if no one else jumps onboard?

Hope they sell this gear at the event
As much as I like the look of clean, plain purple jersey, I also see it as pretty rough to expect $160 for what is essential a fancy purple t-shirt with a big S, I guess as long as people keep buying it clubs will keep charging that amount

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
I don't know enough about it but on face value its not passing the sniff test.

What was the company set up by ex-Cronulla exec that got them in cap strife? Was some sorta loan setup too I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

unforgiven

Bench
I don't know enough about it but on face value its not passing the sniff test.

What was the company set up by ex-Cronulla exec that got them in cap strife? Was some sorta loan setup too I think.
Yeah it was!

Used a fake invoice and loan to pay players!

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/sharks/bogus-finance-loan-paid-for-two-cronulla-sharks-players/news-story/4971563bd0b783581af79792e0bdc31b

How about if you edit my post to include a source you use on that can be seen by the majority of users, including myself so I can see what you are actually attributing to my name? Here did it for you!

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/f...n/news-story/75fd5b810e7f749d6cf6f7c7d3961dd2

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
Yeah it was!

From my poor memory Cronulla never actually got around to cheating the cap with that little endeavor and got a smack for their intentions. If smarter people were behind it we'd probably be ok. I've no doubt Storm have smarter people than Cronulla.

unforgiven

Bench
From my poor memory Cronulla never actually got around to cheating the cap with that little endeavor and got a smack for their intentions. If smarter people were behind it we'd probably be ok. I've no doubt Storm have smarter people than Cronulla.
Weren't the finding that they tried to breach the cap but actually failed in doing so?

AJB1102

First Grade
Weren't the finding that they tried to breach the cap but actually failed in doing so?

Yeah something like that they had an idea that never really got off the ground. Like conspiring to commit cap fraud.

They conspired to win a comp for 50 years before actually doing so trial and error (lots of error) is in our DNA.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Reminder:

- if you're discussing alleged cap cheating or 'dodgy dealings' make sure you have a source
- if you're discussing actual cap cheating or 'dodgy dealings' same applies

Nuke

Staff member
Front and Back of new Roosters 9's jersey. Looks awesome!
View attachment 35431
The Sydney Roosters Nines jersey is an acknowledgement of Fremantle RLC, the local (WA) 'Roosters' club. They're using Fremantle's jersey design that they've been using for several years. They will be training at Freo's ground and doing training sessions with the Freo juniors. Fremantle have been using an almost replica version of the Sydney Roosters logo for a long time now, so maybe this is a bit of a trade-off..!

The only other WA First Grade clubs that share a name (and also colours) with current NRL clubs are Rockingham Sharks, Ellenbrook Rabbitohs, and Nth Beach Sea Eagles.
Two other WA First Grade clubs share their colours with NRL clubs (Joondalup Giants = Brisbane, Sth Perth Lions = St.George-Illawarra), while Willagee Bears go it alone since the demise of North Sydney.

It would be awesome for the local WA teams to be tied-in in this fashion with the NRL clubs' Nines kits, but I personally don't know if I'd like seeing Darius Boyd running around in a Joondalup-inspired jersey I designed!!

Latest posts