What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: India v Australia at Rajkot, Jan 17 2020

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Fat titted captain didn't help, wasting 48 balls for just 34 runs only to not be able to get his fat foot behind the line. Carrying gumbies like Ashton,Kane and Ashton( sounds like a Vegan mung bean cafe) we deserve to lose. Langer is not there but his grubby dopey fingerprints are still over this team.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I've never seen an Aussie ODI side with such a long tail.

A very bizarre looking XI. More unbalanced than Manase Fainu at church.

P.S. who the f**k is Alex Turner? And I just assumed Ashton Agarkar retired ages ago after being a 1 innings wonder.

I'm really out of touch with the shorter forms these days.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I've never seen an Aussie ODI side with such a long tail.

A very bizarre looking XI. More unbalanced than Manase Fainu at church.

P.S. who the f**k is Alex Turner? And I just assumed Ashton Agarkar retired ages ago after being a 1 innings wonder.

I'm really out of touch with the shorter forms these days.
I lol'd.

mozza91

Coach
Bowling first was a mistake. I get that it worked last time but that pitch was ideal to bat 1st on.

The sad thing is we’d of had the series wrapped up if we picked the right squad.

Maxwell in for Turner, Stoinis for Agar and there’s a shitload of quality quicks who should be ahead of Richardson with Hazlewood at the top of the list.
He isn’t even the best quick in Australia with the last name Richardson ffs.

simmo1

First Grade
The two Ashton's should be nowhere near the side. Both are Langer favourites though so doubt it will change. I'm not sure who you'd replace them with.

I normally am a fan of Maxwell but he couldn't hit them off the square in the WC and is only just coming back from an extended break. He's in great form now, but it never lasts with Maxwell.

Stoinis is a top order batsman only. He's a handbrake in the middle.

Who does that leave? Marsh, Webster and Wells have been the form middle order players in the BBL but can't say I'd have a lot of confidence in any of them.

Bazal

Post Whore
Meh. Turner is fine, wasn't long ago he played one of the better chasing innings you'll ever see. Need a guy like him in the lower end of the middle order who can score quickly by manipulating the field or just go nuts, and flog Maxwell reckons he's too good for that role.

Richardson is good when the wicket is a little slower and his pace changes can bite. No hope for an into the wicket change up bowler on a complete road though, probably should have played someone else last night.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think we were going fine till we lost Labuschagne, then Smith and Carey real quick
Smith could have really unloaded when he got his ton

Finch was slow. Needed to go at least run a ball on this deck as their top 3 did

Rahul gave them an extra 20 or so with his hitting - 7 sixes in the match. He hit 3

Turner failed as the hitter of the side. How long will he be in the side based off one performance?

Both sides are quite evenly matched

Bring on game 3

Bazal

Post Whore
I think we were going fine till we lost Labuschagne, then Smith and Carey real quick
Smith could have really unloaded when he got his ton

Finch was slow. Needed to go at least run a ball on this deck as their top 3 did

Rahul gave them an extra 20 or so with his hitting - 7 sixes in the match. He hit 3

Turner failed as the hitter of the side. How long will he be in the side based off one performance?

Both sides are quite evenly matched

Bring on game 3

Turner has played three games since that innings. And batted in two of them.

Seems bizarre to me that he gets called out by anyone at this stage. Even weirder to suggest he's somehow trading off one innings, two innings after that knock.

Out much vaunted openers needed to do more. And Finch and Smith playing test cricket early did nothing to help either. Chasing 350 odd is always tough though, hopefully Colonel Finch doesn't feel like bowling on a road

Seems bizarre to me that he gets called out by anyone at this stage. Even weirder to suggest he's somehow trading off one innings, two innings after that knock.

Out much vaunted openers needed to do more. And Finch and Smith playing test cricket early did nothing to help either. Chasing 350 odd is always tough though, hopefully Colonel Finch doesn't feel like bowling on a road

Ashton Turner - Recent matches

Bat & Bowl
Team Opposition Ground Match Date Scorecard

13 Australia v India Rajkot 17 Jan 2020 ODI # 4232
- Australia v India Mumbai 14 Jan 2020 ODI # 4231
14 Scorchers v Heat Carrara 1 Jan 2020 T20
28 Scorchers v Syd Sixers Perth 26 Dec 2019 T20
4 Scorchers v Strikers Adelaide 23 Dec 2019 T20
36 Scorchers v Melb Reneg Perth 21 Dec 2019 T20
1 Scorchers v Syd Sixers Sydney 18 Dec 2019 T20
4, 6 West Aust v South Aust Perth 29 Nov 2019 FC
3 West Aust v Queensland Brisbane 26 Nov 2019 LA
28 West Aust v South Aust Adelaide 17 Nov 2019 LA

He's been in horrible form. Does not warrant selection at all - same goes for Agar

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Turner and Stoinis before him keeps getting picked based on one, admittedly excellent, performance early in their careers.

Problem is that international teams scrutinize every weakness on video and the flaws in these blokes get exposed.

That said, I'd give Turner a bit more of a go because Maxwell and the like have shown their unreliability, maybe Turner can develop into a decent player. I doubt it though.

TheParraboy

Staff member

I just asked a question champ

How long you keep him in the side?