What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

simmo05

Bench
M
C'mon Muzby . . . I thought you were a funny merkin.
You got the likes of Rhyno liking you. Dude, that is no kudos there !
Some species of rhino in Africa are nearly extinct.
Virtually erased from people's memory.
A lot like a Parramatta premiership.

. . . Back on topic, I laugh when folks say "oh, how lucky were the WT " . . .
F off merkins. Our average game score throughout the semi's was 33.5 - 10.
33.5 to 10 !!!!!.
I'd like to see how that stacks up against some of the "proper" winners that didn't get "lucky"
. . . best game ? vs Saints. When Benji skirted around Mr Shimmy shimmy to score the first try, I had a feeling.
Watching that win was better than an average root.
maybe whino is muzby

gordsy

Juniors
Two moments stand out against the Saints for me, when Skando made the cover tackle off the scrum and when Richards tossed Gasnier over the sideline with one arm. After that I thought Richards could have played for Australia if he didn't go to ESL.

Tiger05

First Grade
Lets talk about something that makes us all happy. I have a few questions about that period of time.

1. Your favourite game?
2. Your favourite regular season game?
3. Best performance as a team?
4. Best back?
5. Best forward?
6. Best half?
7. Best performance by a player?
8. Where were you during the GF?
9. When did you first truly realise that we were a realistic shot at winning the premiership?
10. When were you pretty confident of winning the premiership?
11. Favourite premiership player?

1. Winning the grand final. We didn't play out best but we won.
2. I can't remember individual games throughout the regular season. Benji's stepping against Cronulla was pretty good.
3. Beating Saints in the semi. This was basically our final.
4. Hodgson.
5. Laffranchi
6. Prince but Benji was great.
7. Benji in the grand final. Plenty of big plays in the biggest game of the season.
8. At home.
9. When we were making the finals. We looked unstoppable when we were on and we were on a lot.
10. I thought we'd win once we beat Saints but I was nervous all of the GF.
11. Benji.

simmo1

First Grade
Lets talk about something that makes us all happy. I have a few questions about that period of time.

1. Your favourite game?
4. Best back?
5. Best forward?
6. Best half?
9. When did you first truly realise that we were a realistic shot at winning the premiership?

1. The first Cowboys semi where we dusted them by 50.
2. The game v Cronulla at Shark Park.
3. Any one of the finals games.
4. Hodgson
5. Laffranchi
6. Benji
7. Halatau in the Dragons semi
8. At home watching it lol. Will probs always regret not being there.
9 & 10. I was never confident we'd win it. I'm still not confident. I'm still waiting for the NRL to strip the title for some minor indiscretion.
11. Hodgson

The unknown

Juniors
1. Dragons semi. Especially when Benji ran rings around goosiner for the 1st try

2. Hard to go past the 37-36 win over the Doggies. Yes it was a game of touch footy but it was exciting

3.Too many to choose from. When we towelled up the dogs 54-2 maybe

4.Hodgson

5. Laffranchi\Payton

6. Benji purely for blowing teams off the park week in week out but I don’t think he could’ve done it without Prince

7. Once again too many to choose from lol. Benji when we thumped Sharks in the regular season stands out for me though

8. At the stadium

9. After the 8 game winning streak or whatever it was I started to believe. Then after we thumped a pretty red hot Brisbane side in the semi I truly believed

10. ^^

11. Benji. We don’t win the comp without him, Nuff said

Yes I have a hard on for Benji and 2005 being 15 years ago makes me depressed

1. Your favourite game?
4. Best back?
5. Best forward?
6. Best half?

1. Dragons semi. They thought they just had to turn up to win it (so did I to be honest.) Ambushed.

2. The Bulldogs towel up.

3. Dragons semi. Dene Halatau was unstoppable that night.

4. Benji, he created a generation of fans.

5. Payten or Gibbs. Hard to split them.

6. Benji. Princey was good foil and allowed Benji to excel, but Benji was something else.

7. Dene Halatau in the Dragons semi, never got close to that ever again unfortunately.

8. At home watching the game with my old man and a good mate. Don't remember much after the grand final.

9. After the Dragons semi, didn't think that we were ever a chance of losing after that.

10. See Q9.

11. Hodgo.

This Year?

Immortal
Why the f**k did I come in here? *sobs* I only came to check on how LL was doing and saw the numbers that instantly take me back to THAT NIGHT and have to re-live that waking nightmare...AGAIN.

Yet I couldn't help but read the thread though. I love reading threads about the joys of winning from a fan's perspective. That season from the Tigers was trully something special.

Rhyno

First Grade
Reason it’s considered a Bradbury is because it took 5 years for the tigers to reach the finals again showing it was a fluke

I found this hilarious the next season when Bryce Gibbs was trying to talk up the tigers pack tham o’meley destroyed him
Than big willie comes in and gives him a mouthful

stryker

First Grade
Reason it’s considered a Bradbury is because it took 5 years for the tigers to reach the finals again showing it was a fluke

I found this hilarious the next season when Bryce Gibbs was trying to talk up the tigers pack tham o’meley destroyed him
Than big willie comes in and gives him a mouthful

The young tigers had been told all off season that they were special and that they were going to start a dynasty ala Manchester United. Their confidence was at a high and they were recklessly underestimating opposition. This is the game that brought them back to earth. The young boys took on a pack of men and were slaughtered. They took many years to recover. It was one of the most brutal sporting lessons ive ever seen.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The young tigers had been told all off season that they were special and that they were going to start a dynasty ala Manchester United. Their confidence was at a high and they were recklessly underestimating opposition. This is the game that brought them back to earth. The young boys took on a pack of men and were slaughtered. They took many years to recover. It was one of the most brutal sporting lessons ive ever seen.
That outrageous prophecy by the deluded Noyce that we are building a rugby league dynasty A la Man Utd.So inconceivable that Noyce should’ve been poached by a major political party.

The 05 season was special ,it was such a superb team effort aided along with individual brilliance at times, the unfashionable WT underdogs, taking the title and ending the drought for their long suffering mix of former Balmain Tiger and Western suburbs supporters .The atmosphere and crowd noise on GF night was unbelievable.
On a personal note I remember having to line up after a 12hour night shift to purchase 4 grand final tickets, one I gave to my father, it would turn out to be the last live game we watched together, after the victory he kept saying ‘ it’s the best day of my life’ now having been married to my mother for 40+ years and having had 6 children together, I said to him ‘ you may be best not to repeat that comment in front of mum’ ...lol

cerberus

Coach

1. Your favourite game?
4. Best back?
5. Best forward?
6. Best half?
Cronulla at campbelltown (maybe is was endevour )
Same
Cowboys at CT
Hodgson
Skandalis
Prince
Marshall
At gosse
When we beat manly at leichardt.
When we beat the broncos . In truth 10 seconds after the final bell
Skandalis

Last edited:
1. Your favourite game? Dragons prelim
2. Your favourite regular season game? Bulldogs 37-36, a game we would have lost every year prior and pretty much every year after. Made me think something was different that year.
3. Best performance as a team? Broncos semi. They threw a lot at us in the first 20 but we held them off and got ourselves ahead from a length of the field interception from Benji. After wearing them down we demolished them in the second half and won the game easily.
4. Best back? Richards or Hodgson
5. Best forward? Galea
6. Best half? Benji
7. Best performance by a player? Benji at Toyota park
8. Where were you during the GF? At home watching
9. When did you first truly realise that we were a realistic shot at winning the premiership? Cowboys semi
10. When were you pretty confident of winning the premiership? After the Cows did the Eels. There were two teams in that top 6 who beat us twice in the regular season and the Cowboys took care of both. That said the Dragons were probably the biggest threat to us.
11. Favourite premiership player? Benji

axl rose

Bench
Hint: It hasn’t happened since 1986 :sunglasses:
A strain of hair on Sterlos head?

"We have had halfbacks before but never an investment in the future quite like Tim Smith"- Sterlo

giphy.gif

Latest posts