What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

betcats

Referee
4 years is a bit of a stretch. He played a game or two here & there when we had injuries, & he was mainly playing lock for NSW Cup up until last year.

I'd argue he did establish himself under Hook in the back end of 2018 & then got picked again by Cleary to start in 2019. The team plays like a busted for a couple of months at the start of last season, the pressure mounts & he takes the hit for it. Cleary was never going to put his son nor the marquee Origin half under the gun, so the easy option was to blame the hooker/s. Granted Katoa did make some silly errors, but most of the errors were down to trying create something when we weren't scoring points in 20 or general fatigue.

That's my opinion anyway.

His FG debut was 2015, he has been in and around the first grade squad for more than 4 years really so I don’t think it is a stretch.

Sione was throwing forward passes all over the field. I disagree that most were trying to create something. Most of them were from no look passes on a one out hit up in the middle of the field. He was coming up with them all the time and quite often when we were under no pressure.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
His FG debut was 2015, he has been in and around the first grade squad for more than 4 years really so I don’t think it is a stretch.

Sione was throwing forward passes all over the field. I disagree that most were trying to create something. Most of them were from no look passes on a one out hit up in the middle of the field. He was coming up with them all the time and quite often when we were under no pressure.

Sione had a very average year in 2019. Forward passes at the ready. No line speed. No flair.

As an add in his partner like Cartwright and Winterstein is an anti vaccer. That kinda of did it for me.

MugaB

Coach
Sione had a very average year in 2019. Forward passes at the ready. No line speed. No flair.

As an add in his partner like Cartwright and Winterstein is an anti vaccer. That kinda of did it for me.
Winterstien was solid, i would have had no issues if he was still in our top30 but saying that another spot clear for another junior or new recruit is probably better, as for Cartwright (depends on which one) jed looks promising, and sione had plenty of chances but created more pressure on the team, by trying to rush plays, instead on concentrating on giving good ball 1st.
Im sure he'll do well, a change of clubs seems to reset most of our past players, DWZ has flourished knowing he is no.1 at the dogs, RCG might be better at the Eels, and Moyza probably will get back to his best if he stays injury free.
My issue is if Api, starts to forget the reason panthers recruited him, and starts playing 5/8th mentality instead of purely hooking, and just giving good options for nathan and jerome, not trying to hail mary us wins

Panfa

Juniors
Penrith v parra trial got moved to bega couldn't we have moved the tigers trial there instead I suppose it's for a good cause oh well.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Penrith v parra trial got moved to bega couldn't we have moved the tigers trial there instead I suppose it's for a good cause oh well.

Why the angst. It's for a good cause as you say. Trials are just that trials. It really doesn't matter who the opposition team is.

Kilkenny

Coach
When ever I see a video of a young child experiencing ‘hooping cough’ I just don’t understand any parent who could expose there child to such a risk. Sickening. I know there are other vaccinations not just for ‘hooping cough’ but such videos really make me ill. I simply don’t understand.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
When ever I see a video of a young child experiencing ‘hooping cough’ I just don’t understand any parent who could expose there child to such a risk. Sickening. I know there are other vaccinations not just for ‘hooping cough’ but such videos really make me ill. I simply don’t understand.

Whopping cough is one of the most dreadful diseases. These stupid (women) who read the inserts of a medicine and then claim 'all medical drugs especially vaccinations' only cause harm are basically that stupid. Then read 'junk' off the internet and claim superior knowledge are nothing more than 'snake oil salespeople'

roofromoz

First Grade
Our former illustrious CEO Corey Payne is an Australia Day ambassador and has been for the last few years.

Crashtest

Juniors
Currently $11.00 behind Roosters, Storm and Raiders.

I'm surprised Melbourne are ranked second. Having lost their two experienced centres, and a big question mark on whether Hughes is the answer at seven and not having Croft to cover him as fallback option, I would have them outside the top 4.

But I guess any team that still has Bellamy as coach, plus Smith and Muster and a great forward pack, can never be written off.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm surprised Melbourne are ranked second. Having lost their two experienced centres, and a big question mark on whether Hughes is the answer at seven and not having Croft to cover him as fallback option, I would have them outside the top 4.

But I guess any team that still has Bellamy as coach, plus Smith and Muster and a great forward pack, can never be written off.

Says more about the other teams than them really. They are certainly there for the taking but depends what sides kids take the step up quicker

Crashtest

Juniors
A surprising stat on nrl.com about the Roosters last season. The premiers ranked last for forced dropouts with only 30.

Interestingly, Penrith came first with 64, and James Maloney with 31 had more on his own than the Rooster team.

stat-to-fix-roosters.jpg

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/22/roosters-stat-to-fix-force-more-dropouts/

Latest posts