What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

King hit

Coach
Saw 1917 just then

Was expecting it to be like saving private Ryan but it was different to that. Wasn’t full on battle scenes but very suspenseful any sudden move will kill you type of movie. Was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Outstanding film I would highly recommend

soc123_au

Staff member
I went & saw 1917 today. I was pretty disappointed tbh. It started off with a lot of promise, but it lost its way pretty quickly I thought. I did like the way it was shot though.The highlight was the Midway trailer before the movie, apparently its a bit of a turd as a movie, but the battle scenes look pretty amazing.

axl rose

Bench
I went & saw 1917 today. I was pretty disappointed tbh. It started off with a lot of promise, but it lost its way pretty quickly I thought. I did like the way it was shot though.The highlight was the Midway trailer before the movie, apparently its a bit of a turd as a movie, but the battle scenes look pretty amazing.
If you didn't enjoy 1917 than Midway will certainly be more of your thing. Plenty of spectacular dive bomber action just mixed with Emmerich's usual clunky dialogue, and about a dozen to many characters.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Saw 1917 just then

Was expecting it to be like saving private Ryan but it was different to that. Wasn’t full on battle scenes but very suspenseful any sudden move will kill you type of movie. Was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Outstanding film I would highly recommend
It was ok. Not sure if it's worth all the accolades unless this year's movies are garbage.

I didn't find it that suspenseful.

Obviously the main character had to get through to the end.

Mr Spock!

Referee
If you're into war movies, there's a wonderful Russian movie on Amazon Prime, the Fortress or Fortress of War about the German Siege of the Fortress of Brest-Litovsk.

One of the best war movies I've ever seen. Right up there with Germany's Stalingrad from the 90s.

Incredibly realistic.

Wizardman

First Grade
I saw The Inbetweeners movie. I had not seen the show that was based from before. Some gags were ok but overall I found it pretty crap. It had a very USA style of comedy which is unusual for the UK. Very overrated.

1 out of 5 for me.

PJ

First Grade
I saw The Inbetweeners movie. I had not seen the show that was based from before. Some gags were ok but overall I found it pretty crap. It had a very USA style of comedy which is unusual for the UK. Very overrated.

1 out of 5 for me.

The TV series is very good. THe UK one anyway.

Watched 1917
Pretty good story but not as good as the hype around it makes out .
7.5/10
I gave an extra 1 point for the one shot telling .
It was good to just follow the story as it happened without flashbacks or looking from someone else's perspective etc .
The story just flowed .

shiznit

Coach
1917 - f**king masterpiece!

From this awards season I’ve seen The Joker, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Knives Out, Jojo Rabbit and now 1917.

This was by far the best film of the lot... loved the one shot camera work. just made you feel like you were in the trenches with them.

Those German soldiers couldn’t shoot for shit... but i loved it.

9.5/10

Mong

Post Whore
I went & saw 1917 today. I was pretty disappointed tbh. It started off with a lot of promise, but it lost its way pretty quickly I thought. I did like the way it was shot though..

^this

Was very disappointed especially given the reviews. There were a bunch of little sub plots that went no where at all and it’s the kind of story more or less told many times before.

It looked good though.

Recommend not to waste the time to go and see it.

Matua

Bench
I really enjoyed Parasite
I just watched this yesterday (to complete a watch of all the best film nominees) and thought it was great. I had genuinely no idea where it was going at any given time and the antagonist and protagonist seemed to vary throughout the film.

Matua

Bench
^this

Was very disappointed especially given the reviews. There were a bunch of little sub plots that went no where at all and it’s the kind of story more or less told many times before.

It looked good though.

Recommend not to waste the time to go and see it.
Personally, I don't think that's fair, I don't think it's as good as is being made out by many but it still a decent watchable film. It's not like it's Transformers 2.