What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

CliveC

Juniors
Nobody has said Doueihi is a bad or unimportant player. But why should he stick around for a bench spot at Souths if he gets offered a starting job elsewhere?
At Souths, Doueihi is at least 2 years away from a spine start. Latrell would have to flop hard for AD to regain the 1 jumper while Cody and AR won't be going anywhere soon.
I too would prefer to keep Doueihi at Souths but struggle to see why he would stick around.
Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side.
Can't see Dewey not getting a spot in the 13!

Travitoh

First Grade
Doueihi will force his own way in and if you say he is at least two years away that’s when Souths need him.

But will he be happy to wait two years for another opportunity to start in the spine? Earning back up money when he could be starting and earning more elsewhere?

Doueihi will have a breakout year this season. You don’t let this type of player go.

I was tipping him to breakout in the 1 before Latrell arrived but now i struggle to see how he will from the bench. His stock will more likely go backwards in 2020.

He may start on the bench but he has goals and a starting position will be his.

If he has goals, will he be willing to wait two years for an opportunity to achieve them? When he could do so elsewhere immediately?

I'm not suggesting that Souths get rid of him but should he have a better opportunity elsewhere, they shouldn't stand in his way. Can't keep them all.

truthslayer

Juniors
But will he be happy to wait two years for another opportunity to start in the spine? Earning back up money when he could be starting and earning more elsewhere?
Right now we have Doueihi his huge potentials warrants us to keep him, I see him being regular 13 during the year this is our difference of opinion. Stiff competition for spots makes Souths better.

I was tipping him to breakout in the 1 before Latrell arrived but now i struggle to see how he will from the bench. His stock will more likely go backwards in 2020.

He went ok last year coming back from a big injury. Good players stock always rise.

If he has goals, will he be willing to wait two years for an opportunity to achieve them? When he could do so elsewhere immediately?
He won’t have to wait two years

I'm not suggesting that Souths get rid of him but should he have a better opportunity elsewhere, they shouldn't stand in his way. Can't keep them all.
He has great opportunities at Souths , it’s called competition. and mate at the end of the day it will be what Doueihi wants not what we want. For me I want Doueihi to stay.

Rabbit57

Juniors
I think he is the perfect number 14. Can be injected in the game to add spark. Can cover halves centres and fullback. He could even do a stint in the middle if needed. But he gives us variety we didn’t have in 2019. The key is to make sure he doesn’t just sit on the bench. He needs to be given a real role where he gets big minutes every week. Oppositions would be worried when he comes on.

There will be injuries and rep commitments throughout the year and he will be ready to be the starting half 5/8 or fullback.

Plenty of opportunities for him to develop into an elite player in 2020.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Your thoughts are exactly mine Trav. I think Doueihi is a fantastic player and would be a regular starter at most other clubs. I understand people think players are more likely to stay at a successful club but as a former player I’d rather play footy in a bottom dwelling than be sitting on the bench of the winning team.

I’m also not a fan of standing in players way if they want a release. It’s not a good look on the club. Mind you I’m assuming Doueihi’s mindset from my own experience of playing so his might be different.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Mate I don’t think he’d earn more elsewhere, other teams are saying the 450-500k he’s on with us this season is overs and they won’t pay him close to that.

handyman2190

Bench
Based on what?
Why won’t he last too long?
Seems you’re really hoping he gets injured
Relax toes, what he means is that last season he got injured early on,then he tried to come back a couple of times and reinjured the same injury, we are all hoping and wondering if he can play without reinjuring that hamstring, we are all hoping he is ok, he plays well and he is a decent fellow,we wish him well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Relax toes, what he means is that last season he got injured early on,then he tried to come back a couple of times and reinjured the same injury, we are all hoping and wondering if he can play without reinjuring that hamstring, we are all hoping he is ok, he plays well and he is a decent fellow,we wish him well.
Exactly mate, our best centres are Roberts and Burns, Gagai/AJ and Campbell on wing and Latrell at fullback for mine.

I’m looking at Burns for my fantasy team as well, I want him to stay fit.

I’ve met him before too, such a humble down to earth bloke and I hope this is his breakout season.

I just worry about that hamstring.

1. Latrell
2. Gagai/AJ
3. Roberts
4. Burns
5. Campbell

14. Douiehi

19. Goodwin/Allan

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
That’s what I reckon. His wife’s family lives on the coast so it could just be a family catch up.
Yeah mate don’t stress, I have heard it’s just a family catch up for a couple of days. I wouldn’t read anything into it, Tom is going nowhere.
Just listening to the Rabbitohs Podcast and Latrell Mitchell’s dad was saying he’s just about to jump in the elevator with latrell’s big brother shaquai mitchell to see Richo. There might be another Mitchell on the horizon.
I wonder what’s gonna happen there? Maybe he will earn a Canterbury Cup contract with us, if not for 2020 then for 2021. Not to be rude at all but Shaq will have to shed some kilos and I’m sure he and Souths know this plus work hard on his fitness.

ThingFish

Juniors
Yeah mate don’t stress, I have heard it’s just a family catch up for a couple of days. I wouldn’t read anything into it, Tom is going nowhere.

I wonder what’s gonna happen there? Maybe he will earn a Canterbury Cup contract with us, if not for 2020 then for 2021. Not to be rude at all but Shaq will have to shed some kilos and I’m sure he and Souths know this plus work hard on his fitness.
Yeah, can’t see Shaq anywhere near first grade. But he could be good NSW Cup value. He was tipping the scales at 140kg last year :)

Latest posts