What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

wazdog

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/583b35455c63e95a222397e0a429716c

I don’t get it. I surely thought overpaid hacks like Gagai and Johnston would be the first players on the chopping block, not a great young prospect like Douehi who has a lot more upside. In saying that though if he’s adamant about playing fullback long term, he needs to move on. I would have kept him as a centre.

Wango has form with this sort of thing though. He let Arrow go from the Donkeys and he told TPJ to leave the Knights for “more opportunities”. Yet these players later find themselves playing under Wango at another club. Go figure.

I think it’s cute that the Tigpies think we would contribute any funds to for them to get Adam Doueihi. We actually don’t need to release anyone this year. I personally don’t want to lose him either.

Any player swaps / top-ups would only be to land JAC and Arrow a year early.

Apparently Johnston has an offer on the table to play fullback at the Tigpies and I think he should take it. He would be better off financially for doing so.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I think it’s cute that the Tigpies think we would contribute any funds to for them to get Adam Doueihi. We actually don’t need to release anyone this year. I personally don’t want to lose him either.

Apparently Johnston has an offer on the table to play fullback at the Tigpies and I think he should take it. He would be better off financially for doing so.

Yes Waz, we don’t want Doueihi to leave. We need a quality back up. tigpies are just scabs. Bin chickens

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
At least they aren't 1909 scabs, howz that extra throphy in the case, atleast when Melbourne storm lost their trophy, they played a grand final to get it, then lost it, twice..... and did it with all their teeth too

Muga , they are 1969 cheats:bulb:

AND our trophy from 1909 is doing fine. It’s being kept warm and snuggly with the other 20 we’ve won:hugging:

myrrh ken

First Grade
They have more teef in the riff.

CsD94J5UEAAdaOD.jpg

Tiger5150

Bench
THE Wests Tigers are considering reuniting the Leilua brothers, with Luciano declaring it’s a “100 per cent option” for older brother Joey to join him at Concord this year.

The Tigers had floated the prospect of signing Joey before Christmas but those discussions are back on the table.

Luciano looms as an obvious drawcard for the Tigers after settling into the club seamlessly having joined from St George Illawarra in the off-season.

Joey Leilua could be on the move. (AAP Image/Lukas Coch)
Joey Leilua could be on the move. (AAP Image/Lukas Coch)
Watch the 2020 NRL Nines tournament LIVE & On-Demand on KAYO. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

“We spoke about it the other day,” Luciano said. “He didn’t know much about it until his manager spoke to him. They are trying to see their options and they will go from there.

“It’s an option, 100 per cent. He was in the same position as I was (at the Dragons). It’ll be good to get another veteran in here. It would be good and exciting for the club.”

The move makes sense for the Raiders and the Tigers. Leilua is in the final year of his $600,000 contract with the Raiders and is unlikely to be retained. Canberra signed Melbourne’s Curtis Scott in the off-season to bolster an already star-studded backline.

Joey Leilua and brother Luciano Leilua played together for Samoa at the Rugby League World Cup 9s. Picture: Brett Costello.
Joey Leilua and brother Luciano Leilua played together for Samoa at the Rugby League World Cup 9s. Picture: Brett Costello.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP AND START PICKING YOUR TEAM FOR 2020

The Tigers are also on the lookout for a marquee outside back. They missed out on Latrell Mitchell and have been linked to a host of other players including Adam Doueihi and Josh Addo-Carr.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

News you can trust. Watch Ticky Fullerton 11am Sundays, Sky News. For more

The sticking point of the deal will be how much Joey Leilua, 28, expects in 2021 and beyond.

“I’ve sold the club to him,” Leilua said. “I’ve told him we are building a new culture here as a club we want to go in a different direction and build onto what we as a club want. That’s important. I told him the opportunities here if you want to come here. The club will give you its full support.

“I told him if you want to come back to Sydney, come back to Sydney — you’ve been away for a bit. I told him he will love the club and the environment.”

New Wests Tigers recruit Luciano Leilua pictured at Concord Oval. Picture: Toby Zerna
New Wests Tigers recruit Luciano Leilua pictured at Concord Oval. Picture: Toby Zerna
MORE NEWS

SuperCoach NRL: Players set to bounce back in 2020

Farewell to the man who yelled ‘Beaver’

How Latrell saga will keep Wighton at Raiders

The signing of Leilua would also allow Moses Mbye to shift to hooker to cover for the uncertainty surrounding Josh Reynolds. Playing for Samoa at the end-of-year World Nines was the first time the pair had taken the field at the same time — they’ve never faced off in an NRL match.

“It would be a good opportunity for us to play each other,” Leilua said. “It was good to pick his brain and how he goes into a game and for him to see how I go into a game.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/2ad568b7cbe49a4622dad6790113568c

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil Gould

Juniors
likely....

to miss the 8 again?

Lol, maybe. Tigers don’t need to improve much on last year to make the 8.

Joey putting JAC into space may just do it. Only problem is soufs still have a ton of room under that sombrero they’re minding for the roosters. They may take him with a big offer then offload AJ or Gagai to us at an over inflated price. They both are either past their prime or unhappy at soufs, if we do end up with one of them I hope they are just unhappy at the moment.

AJB1102

First Grade
Only problem is soufs still have a ton of room under that sombrero they’re minding for the roosters.

Be careful mate we apparently need to source any claims of dodgy dealings:

Reminder:

- if you're discussing alleged cap cheating or 'dodgy dealings' make sure you have a source
- if you're discussing actual cap cheating or 'dodgy dealings' same applies

BadnMean

Juniors
Joey is awesome if he's fit. i'd hate to lose him.

he's been on extended holiday - wedding- honeymoon & still isn't back at Raiders training camp on the Sunny coast yet though...

Vic Mackey

Referee

Well a mate of mine who’s a Souths fan just told me he’s heard he’s coming to the Tigers on a 4 year deal with Souths paying around $100k for the next 2 years. Apparently today’s he’s taken down that he plays for Souths and his player number from his BIO on Instagram.

Of course that entire thing could be crap, he probably just read it on one of your forums and honestly I don’t really want him as I think he’s Over rated (particularly at fullback). Just reposting what he told me.

Last edited:

wazdog

Juniors
Well a mate of mine who’s a Souths fan just told me he’s heard he’s coming to the Tigers on a 4 year deal with Souths paying around $100k for the next 2 years. Apparently today’s he’s taken down that he plays for Souths and his player number from his BIO on Instagram.

Of course that entire thing could be crap, he probably just read it on one of your forums and honestly I don’t really want him as I think he’s Over rated (particularly at fullback). Just reposting what he told me.

Yep he is gone I reckon. He is on 450k this year and 550k next year. I don't think we would be contributing any funds TBH. That info regarding his Instagram was posted on our forums this morning.

He is worth the money for a regular starting position week in week out, but a little on the high side for a super sub. I'm not sure fullback is his position. I would have like us to develop him as a second rower who could act as a second five eight.

Although he is going back to his junior club I'd much rather sending him to Melbourne on the proviso that Fa'asuamaleaui is released to Titans early and we get Arrow early.