What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nene Macdonald back at Saints

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Sorry Nene, your ship has sailed, beside, our CEO doesn't talk.
screenshot_20200118-191451_chrome-jpg.35473

Gareth67

First Grade
IMO performance based contract, he was better than any of the current batch of wingers we have.

He was hewi , but the man apparently has one or two problems with his knee , that coupled with his off field problems he has now put himself in the ‘ too big a risk ‘ category .

Anyway we have the other young bloke Saab ( ? ) who has tremendous potential and will make a name for himself with the Dragons.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Based on what I know I’d love to see Nene back at the Dragons. he has skill and size, and we need outside backs.

maybe he is in the Too problematic basket, but that’s for others to determine. A lot of upside potential if we get it right, and if he is looking, a performance contract may be perfect and low risk for us.

Belta

Juniors
IMO performance based contract, he was better than any of the current batch of wingers we have.

I think the club has missed an opportunity not casting some bait out for Nene.

I mean where is the downside? Like Snow Dragon says, a ‘low risk option’

There’s astute recruiting officers who see salary cap advantages in taking in out of favour players ie AFB and Suli, who were both up there with the best in thier respective positions in 2019.

When Nene left, he was of a calibre that attracted big $, cost wise it was the right option to let him go. At present Nene no longer attracts big $ (due to a serious injury and discretions) and thus becomes a risk buy but also a possible bargain buy.

Okay Nene missed training, he was involved in a traffic offence, he’s developed a bad attitude? Meanwhile back at the ranch sides are benefiting from the performances of Suli, Whighton, Walker, Packer, Lodge and without trying you could rattle off a host of others, many of which committed rather serious offences as opposed to Nenes indisgresions.
His record is that he’s played 95 FG games over several seasons without many hiccups. So IMO to banish Nene and keep the door closed and it appears that is what the club has done is narrow minded.
In recent seasons our club has mostly gone with a low cost option of developing JP and Rav. IMO this option has attributed to our recent failures. IMO wingers in other teams have been prominent in their teams performances whereas ours have been one of our weak links. IMO our wingers have failed to perform at the standard of our prior wingers in Nene (95 fg games, 9 internationals) and Nightingale (Long nrl and international career)

And I know people will say that Nene was a slug and Nightingale past it, and I’m not saying they were the best wingers but with the meterage they got us and the error free reliability of Nightingale meant that atleast they weren’t weak links.

Now we enter 2020 with a potential tall athletic winger in Saab who may benefit greatly from the rule change about penalties for mid air tackles on attacking players and a hope that Rav and JP progress. But Rav and JP aren’t tall and so far have dubious hands. I suspect they will both improve but I can’t see them having the aerial skills, height and athleticism of Nene. Time will tell but to me Nene would of been a low risk option.

BLM01

First Grade
I think the club has missed an opportunity not casting some bait out for Nene.

I mean where is the downside? Like Snow Dragon says, a ‘low risk option’

There’s astute recruiting officers who see salary cap advantages in taking in out of favour players ie AFB and Suli, who were both up there with the best in thier respective positions in 2019.

When Nene left, he was of a calibre that attracted big $, cost wise it was the right option to let him go. At present Nene no longer attracts big $ (due to a serious injury and discretions) and thus becomes a risk buy but also a possible bargain buy.

Okay Nene missed training, he was involved in a traffic offence, he’s developed a bad attitude? Meanwhile back at the ranch sides are benefiting from the performances of Suli, Whighton, Walker, Packer, Lodge and without trying you could rattle off a host of others, many of which committed rather serious offences as opposed to Nenes indisgresions.
His record is that he’s played 95 FG games over several seasons without many hiccups. So IMO to banish Nene and keep the door closed and it appears that is what the club has done is narrow minded.
In recent seasons our club has mostly gone with a low cost option of developing JP and Rav. IMO this option has attributed to our recent failures. IMO wingers in other teams have been prominent in their teams performances whereas ours have been one of our weak links. IMO our wingers have failed to perform at the standard of our prior wingers in Nene (95 fg games, 9 internationals) and Nightingale (Long nrl and international career)

And I know people will say that Nene was a slug and Nightingale past it, and I’m not saying they were the best wingers but with the meterage they got us and the error free reliability of Nightingale meant that atleast they weren’t weak links.

Now we enter 2020 with a potential tall athletic winger in Saab who may benefit greatly from the rule change about penalties for mid air tackles on attacking players and a hope that Rav and JP progress. But Rav and JP aren’t tall and so far have dubious hands. I suspect they will both improve but I can’t see them having the aerial skills, height and athleticism of Nene. Time will tell but to me Nene would of been a low risk option.
This.."developed a bad attitude"...stop there. He has had it for some time hence being around club to club. Waste of any money and time. We all need to move on from Nene being any form of a saviour.
Some supporters have become too despertate which I understand...just as our actual recruitment team because of our unattractive defunct head coach.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Seriously people I liked him when he had his head on like a Wendle but he departed the wheels that's most fell off.
Can he make it back.
Are we really chasing him someone knows the answer

Frank Facer

First Grade
If we did happen to sign Nene, he and Saab would probably be our best 2 wingers, if he Nene could recapture his 2018 form. I would like to see Ramsey given a crack at one of the wings spots. If we could land Addo Carr, then that would be the best scenario.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If we did happen to sign Nene, he and Saab would probably be our best 2 wingers, if he Nene could recapture his 2018 form. I would like to see Ramsey given a crack at one of the wings spots. If we could land Addo Carr, then that would be the best scenario.
If Saab is one of the best two with Nene, why would you drop one of them for Ramsey?

That’s illogical.

Wouldn’t Ramsey then be one of our best two?

Latest posts