What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

cb4

First Grade
I am struggling to believe this team. I am not sure what is happening but I am starting to get ahead of myself despite swearing I wouldn't.

cb4

First Grade
Never comfortable against them. Salah's chance in the second half I thought for sure would bite us.
De Gea getting the tip on Henderson's shot another.
I am also not sure how the Firmino goal was ruled out as that was not a clear and obvious error and United cleared the ball. Under VAR rules, that shouldn't have been able to be referred, but whatever. A win is a win.

saint.nick

Coach
Never comfortable against them. Salah's chance in the second half I thought for sure would bite us.
De Gea getting the tip on Henderson's shot another.
I am also not sure how the Firmino goal was ruled out as that was not a clear and obvious error and United cleared the ball. Under VAR rules, that shouldn't have been able to be referred, but whatever. A win is a win.
I think it was a slight foul, but you make a good point with the VAR implementation of the decision. It's amazing how England have conspired to be so pathetic at VAR when everyone else is getting on with it with far less fuss because their officials are superior, and they dont have this arrogant superiority complex which makes them think their own way is better, just cos.

Also agree with the potentially costly moments. We ALWAYS do it against them at home, we dominate , fluff chances and then have to seal it late on. De Gea always brings his most prime form to this fixture.

cb4

First Grade
I think it was a slight foul, but you make a good point with the VAR implementation of the decision. It's amazing how England have conspired to be so pathetic at VAR when everyone else is getting on with it with far less fuss because their officials are superior, and they dont have this arrogant superiority complex which makes them think their own way is better, just cos.

Also agree with the potentially costly moments. We ALWAYS do it against them at home, we dominate , fluff chances and then have to seal it late on. De Gea always brings his most prime form to this fixture.
Yeh look it is over now but the more I think about it the more frustrated I am with that ruling. VVD has every right to challenge, doesn't raise his arms and is only looking at the ball. The ref was in perfect position and did not make a clear and obvious error.
The ball was then recycled and left De Gea's 18 yeard box.

At least we won. Scrappy, sloppy and wasteful but we are winning.

saint.nick

Coach
Yeh look it is over now but the more I think about it the more frustrated I am with that ruling. VVD has every right to challenge, doesn't raise his arms and is only looking at the ball. The ref was in perfect position and did not make a clear and obvious error.

You've helped change my mind. You're right, he fairly contests for the ball and he shouldn't be punished just because he lost the challenge, the goalkeeper doesn't have a divine right to catching the ball if he jumps for it and doesn't have a divine right to not being physically challenged. And not only that, the ref was right there, and his judgement in real time was that it was a fair challenge, and then yes, United still get the ball back and then f**k it up.

saint.nick

Coach
You've helped change my mind. You're right, he fairly contests for the ball and he shouldn't be punished just because he lost the challenge, the goalkeeper doesn't have a divine right to catching the ball if he jumps for it and doesn't have a divine right to not being physically challenged. And not only that, the ref was right there, and his judgement in real time was that it was a fair challenge, and then yes, United still get the ball back and then f**k it up.

It also makes their harassment of the referee even worse, they deserve to have the book thrown at them, was disgraceful

thorson1987

Coach

Whilst I agree, I know for a fact I would have been absolutely f**king livid if it happened against us.

It's nowhere near as bad as the Burnley goal against us last season though.

cb4

First Grade
Yeh maybe. Probably even.
But I would be more pissed off for Alisson dropping an easy ball like that.
There was bugger all contact.
It didn't affect the result, but IMO it was a goal.

cb4

First Grade
Wolves are the best team we have faced this year. I hope they make the top 4. Adama Traore is an incredible athlete.
So big and powerful, looks like a rugby player, runs like bolt. Has some genuine skills, would love Klopp to get him and fine tune his skills.

Foz

Bench
2-2 draw in the FA Cup this morning.
Looked to be doing it easy till a penalty and a Lovren stuff up gave Shrewsbury a well earned draw.
Pretty ordinary own goal from Shrewsbury just after half time looked to have sealed it for us but they clawed back.
We threw Mo and Firmino on for the last 10 mins but no luck.
Mo missed a great opportunity to win it with a last minute header but we didn’t deserve to win it.

thorson1987

Coach
2-2 draw in the FA Cup this morning.
Looked to be doing it easy till a penalty and a Lovren stuff up gave Shrewsbury a well earned draw.
Pretty ordinary own goal from Shrewsbury just after half time looked to have sealed it for us but they clawed back.
We threw Mo and Firmino on for the last 10 mins but no luck.
Mo missed a great opportunity to win it with a last minute header but we didn’t deserve to win it.

The worst part was it was the senior players who were terrible.

Yeah they have only just come back from injury but that shouldn't mean that they constantly pass the ball to the opposition.

Kids playing the replay at Anfield aswell.

Foz

Bench
The worst part was it was the senior players who were terrible.

Yeah they have only just come back from injury but that shouldn't mean that they constantly pass the ball to the opposition.

Kids playing the replay at Anfield aswell.

yeh I thought Lovren and Matip were ordinary.
I can forgive our Japanese recruit as it’ll take a while for him to get up to speed.
Origi was pretty lame though I thought Adrian did ok in goals.
Couldn’t really blame him for the goals and he pulled off a couple of good saves.

Couldn’t blame our subs either as they didn’t have a lot of opportunity(Oxlade-Chamberlain,Mo and Firmino).

I like the kids getting the chance in the replay.
FA Cup is still good to win but who really cares unless your in the Final.