What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Top 30

MugaB

Coach
Broncos
Tigers
Titans
Knights
Sharks
Bulldogs
Dragons

Are all certainly worse then us. NQ, Parra and a few others are equal if not worse but no roster outside of Roosters doesn't have glaring holes

Roosters are short Cronk, and Laterell
So they aren't the same side we seem to pedistool them to be this coming season, i'm more worried about what desi hasler is doing with Manly than any other team, (i originally pick them as the spooners last season), i can assume canberra will be top 8, Melbourne have a lot of backline movement, and souths are becoming an on paper finalist, (depending on how their fwds perfom)
I can see penrith top8 on paper, with those 5 teams mentioned above us.

franklin2323

Immortal
So they aren't the same side we seem to pedistool them to be this coming season, i'm more worried about what desi hasler is doing with Manly than any other team, (i originally pick them as the spooners last season), i can assume canberra will be top 8, Melbourne have a lot of backline movement, and souths are becoming an on paper finalist, (depending on how their fwds perfom)

I agree. 6-7th looks to be where we sit. Storm are having issues finding centres due to cap space so a few injuries will put them back with the pack. Souths forward pack looks weak I guess we will see if a star backline is more important then a pack

betcats

Referee

Des' plans took a pretty big hit when his first choice hooker got himself locked up. I think losing two good hookers will hold them back a little this year.

Roosters, Raiders, Rabbits, should all be good. Storm as usual will be thereabouts.

The sharks and the Broncos both made the eight last year, I am far from convinced about either. The broncos have some great talents but the spine is a mess. They will be settling in an entire new combination basically with Croft, Turpin, that other kid and Milf likely playing fb. Plus they have boyd digging his heels in, it could get ugly. Sharks have been on a decline since 2017 nad they have cap problems.

franklin2323

Immortal
Des' plans took a pretty big hit when his first choice hooker got himself locked up. I think losing two good hookers will hold them back a little this year.

Roosters, Raiders, Rabbits, should all be good. Storm as usual will be thereabouts.

The sharks and the Broncos both made the eight last year, I am far from convinced about either. The broncos have some great talents but the spine is a mess. They will be settling in an entire new combination basically with Croft, Turpin, that other kid and Milf likely playing fb. Plus they have boyd digging his heels in, it could get ugly. Sharks have been on a decline since 2017 nad they have cap problems.

Canberra have the Pom half. unproven at this level so no they have question marks still

betcats

Referee
Canberra have the Pom half. unproven at this level so no they have question marks still

True, but he is only replacing Sezer who was never that good and was the least important member of that spine the rest of which remains settled, and they have Sammy Williams also who has done very well filling in when called upon.

Edit: Plus they just lost that final, that will drive them I think.

Last edited:
Needed a decent centre.

Still need a decent centre.

Who did we miss out on? Only Scott id say

How about.............

Report: Sydney club renew talks with Leilua
The Tigers are weighing up a move for Canberra Raider Joey Leilua.

JAKE BENOITON

CONTRIBUTOR
JANUARY 20, 2020 - 11:29 AM
GettyImages-1144084454-696x464.jpg

The Wests Tigers are considering bringing in Joey Leilua with discussions between the two parties ramping up once again, according to The Daily Telegraph.

The topic had been broached around Christmas time but now a move seems back on the table as brother Luciano Leilua says it’s a “100% option” that his older brother makes the switch from the Canberra Raiders.

Luciano recently made the jump from St George Illawarra in the off-season and looms as the main lure for the Samoan international.

“We spoke about it the other day… he didn’t know much about it until his manager spoke with him,” he told The Daily Telegraph.

“It’s an option… He was in the same position as I was (at St George). It’ll be good to get another veteran in here.”

The potential deal looks to be a win-win for both clubs, with the Raiders unlikely to retain him after the final year of his contract. Leilua’s current deal expires at the end of 2020 and is worth $600,000 for the year.

Canberra also have Melbourne’s Curtis Scott on their books now and could use the salary cap room.

The main hurdle preventing this deal getting over the line is how much Leilua believes he is worth going forward, however his brother said he has made a valid pitch.

“I’ve sold the club to him… I’ve told him we are building a new culture here as a club… The club will give you its full support,” Luciano said.

“I told him if you want to come back to Sydney come back to Sydney- you’ve been away for a bit.”

Joey has played 204 games for Sydney, Newcastle and Canberra.

Fangs

Coach
Explosive at his best. But implodes far too often for my liking.

Would definately get 'bums on seats' at Penrith Park if thats how you want to spend 600k.

franklin2323

Immortal
Explosive at his best. But implodes far too often for my liking.

Would definately get 'bums on seats' at Penrith Park if thats how you want to spend 600k.

The only reason he is still at Canberra is the crazy money he wants for 2021 on

Pomoz

Bench
Broncos
Tigers
Titans
Knights
Sharks
Bulldogs
Dragons

Are all certainly worse then us. NQ, Parra and a few others are equal if not worse but no roster outside of Roosters doesn't have glaring holes
The Broncos and the Sharks are worse than us? Maybe on your Xbox NRL game, but back in the real world their rosters are much better than ours. I am a one eyed supporter, but come on Franklin I wish we had Fafita, Johnson, Haas, Oates, Milford, Xerri, the other Fafita, Boyd (better than any player we have in the backs), Staggs. We are better? I just don’t see it. Even more so with mr 49% in charge.

franklin2323

Immortal
The Broncos and the Sharks are worse than us? Maybe on your Xbox NRL game, but back in the real world their rosters are much better than ours. I am a one eyed supporter, but come on Franklin I wish we had Fafita, Johnson, Haas, Oates, Milford, Xerri, the other Fafita, Boyd (better than any player we have in the backs), Staggs. We are better? I just don’t see it. Even more so with mr 49% in charge.

I get you are overseas and don’t watch much footy there is a reason why Darius is being asked to retire. Staggs is good yes the rest are inconsistent either due to age or various reasons

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I understand Moylan has injured his calf in tha last week or so. (please correct me if I'm wrong). They have lost Gallen (a player that was the heart and soul of the club). Don't have a home ground at the moment........

I believe Panthers will improve dramtically this year, and some clubs like Donkeys, Gummies and perhaps even the Slimes may decline. (Parramatt have this wonderful ability to decline when expectation comes a knocking). Manly's depth is quite thin too, so injuries could play a huge issue.

betcats

Referee

Darius Boyd? Are you kidding? Lol that is the worst comment all off season. I wouldn't even take Milford anywhere let alone Boyd. Both are struggling to hold down a spot, there really is almost no chance Boyd makes the top 17.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I was with you all the way until Boyd... Sorry brother but Boyd is absolute garbage these days.

franklin2323

Immortal
Darius Boyd? Are you kidding? Lol that is the worst comment all off season. I wouldn't even take Milford anywhere let alone Boyd. Both are struggling to hold down a spot, there really is almost no chance Boyd makes the top 17.

Further proof people just hate for the sake of hating

betcats

Referee
Shaun Johnson and Milford are very similar, they are capable of producing incredible highlights but are consistently underwhelming. I wouldn't swap either for any piece of our combo of Cleary/Luai/Burton.

Latest posts