What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
My thinking about leaders is that if you look at any squad in isolation, you're going to see leaders. The question though is whether they're good leaders, compared to other squads. And I think that winning imbues people with good leadership skills. They have long-lasting confidence in themselves and the things they know that work. And they are less prone to panicking when the pressure is on. So my doubts about our leaders' quality is that comparatively their experience of winning is low, because hey, we're Parra.
Jennings and Fergo have plenty of ‘winning’ experience as does Matterson (besides his year with the Tigers. Gutho has had more winning years at Parra than losing ones (2018 only).

Jennings and Fergo have plenty of ‘winning’ experience as does Matterson (besides his year with the Tigers. Gutho has had more winning years at Parra than losing ones (2018 only).
I didn't say it was the be all and end all. And that's just a few players. Overall we're pretty low on winners. And I'm not just talking about us compared to the average. We need to be better than the best teams to be favourites against them.

Incorrect

Coach
From what I have seen, Clint Gutherson seems like a very good leader - he's tough, he backs himself, he commands respect, and gives respect back.

He could do with toning down the sooking a bit when it comes to dealing with officials in particular. Felt like every time something went against us last year he was getting in the refs faces having a whinge. The more you do that the less respect you're going to get from the refs. He needs to be more measured in how he converses with them as well as how often IMO

strider

Post Whore
He could do with toning down the sooking a bit when it comes to dealing with officials in particular. Felt like every time something went against us last year he was getting in the refs faces having a whinge. The more you do that the less respect you're going to get from the refs. He needs to be more measured in how he converses with them as well as how often IMO
Dellusions of #cam33571

Glenneel

Bench
Bloody Cam Smith is never out of the refs ears, and he gets away with everything. How many times does he go to sleep on a tackled player with impunity?

Incorrect

Coach
Bloody Cam Smith is never out of the refs ears, and he gets away with everything. How many times does he go to sleep on a tackled player with impunity?
Regardless of what a grub Cam is, the merkin can play and is/was the Australian and QLD captain. And he is very measured in the way he speaks to the refs, not prone to gesticulating wildly and screeching in their faces. Basically, he's got the runs on the board, Gutho has a long way to go before he gets to that level...

Eelementary

Post Whore

I agree.

But we must remember - he is a relatively inexperienced captain, too.

Stevie

Bench
Hey guys can anyone help me out, I went to log in at work and forgot my password (I’m always logged in on my phone browser) and hit reset password before realizing it’s my old work email. Derr!
Can anyone tell me how to reset my email addy? Don’t want to get locked out and have you guys potentially miss out on how f**king awesome I am.

Noise

Coach
Hey guys can anyone help me out, I went to log in at work and forgot my password (I’m always logged in on my phone browser) and hit reset password before realizing it’s my old work email. Derr!
Can anyone tell me how to reset my email addy? Don’t want to get locked out and have you guys potentially miss out on how f**king awesome I am.
If you type ping @Twizzle he might help you

yy_cheng

Coach
Is your login poupou ?

Latest posts