What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd ODI: India v Australia at Bengaluru, Jan 19 2020

TIGER14

Bench
I'll put the series loss down to Finch's captaincy. Especially in the 2nd ODI. If we bat first we win that game imo. Not only that, but having Cummins bowl 7 of the first 17 overs is shocking captaincy.

Consistently poor bowling and fielding choices throughout the series as well. Not to mention sending Mitchell Starc in at 5 last night as well.

JJ

Immortal
You need fast bowlers who do more than just bang it into the wicket over there.
Yeah, and elsewhere - Australia certainly are a good test and ODI side, but Australian conditions make them all look much better than perhaps they are... can say that about most teams, of course - but I think in all conditions India are simply the best all-round team...

Their bowlers have been transformed - fitness, coaching? Bumrah is new, but Shami and Sharma are suddenly quality bowlers, WTF?

Bazal

Post Whore
there's a serious lack of open front shirts and gold medallions along with the lack of chest hair

We could stop wearing helmets, so that even bowlers like Colin De BigMan and Bananarama Siddle make 97% of batsmen shit themselves.

JJ

Immortal
We could stop wearing helmets, so that even bowlers like Colin De BigMan and Bananarama Siddle make 97% of batsmen shit themselves.
Just noticed Australia made a back to the future move last night bumping Starc up the order - that's what Geoff Howarth used to do with old Lance Cairns lol

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Saw this absolute gem on cricinfo:
View attachment 35495
I would have thought a "poor technique" would be far, far, far more likely to be pulled apart in test cricket? I'm obviously no genius like Vivi.
If you see Vivi pass this on

Smith’s century was his first for Australia since the end of the Ashes in any format, and his first in international white-ball cricket in exactly three years.

The 30-year-old also moved past 4000 ODI runs, making him the equal fourth fastest to do so in 106 innings.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/crick...p/news-story/7ebe147a6c8b0fdb160a9a765f86cfcd

Fangs

Coach
Marsh, Stoinis and Maxwell were ommited from this tour with good reason. Poor WC performances + injuries (Marsh).

Now one of those three will have to be re-instated. We lack firepower down the order. About 50 short last night.

Handscomb as a back up won't cut it.

My takeaways from last night...

• Smiffy got a ton...good lad.
  • Finch was furious. Amazing how fast Fatty ran to get to other end, then like a glacier, back to the non-striker's end to save his wicket. Good to see the Clayton's Captain so ropable. All a show, of course. He was happy to get straight in to the dinner bar.
  • Ashton Agar wouldn't even make my u12 team. Seriously...had no form in BBL and gets gifted 3 ODIs in India. Travis Head would have been a better option...or any number of BBL slogger in form. Hell...I'd take Wade. Agar is such pus.
  • Went to bed at half time knowing Aussies had been paid off, so return to Point 1 and it was a good night.

Sphagnum

Coach
Marsh, Stoinis and Maxwell were ommited from this tour with good reason. Poor WC performances + injuries (Marsh).

Now one of those three will have to be re-instated. We lack firepower down the order. About 50 short last night.

Handscomb as a back up won't cut it.
Travis head should be playing in front of all the blokes you’ve mentioned. He is a quality player who is finally starting to realise some of his potential. Reminds me a lot of Damien Martyn who held his own in a team of heavyweights after he ironed some of the shit out of his game.

typicalfan

Coach
Travis Head has to be an option at 6 IMO.
Smith always liked Head over Maxwell. I can recall a series when Head would bowl a lot and Maxwell would never get a bowl.

I could only imagine what was going through Smith's mind when Starc was coming out to bat.

Fangs

Coach
Travis head should be playing in front of all the blokes you’ve mentioned. He is a quality player who is finally starting to realise some of his potential. Reminds me a lot of Damien Martyn who held his own in a team of heavyweights after he ironed some of the shit out of his game.

If he can get his levers going when it matters then sure. He can definately swing the bat.