What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st 4 weeks of 2020

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I believe at this point in time we should include De Belin in our round one team and I doubt Graham will be medically fit to play; this will become apparent in the pre-season trials. Mary has said that Lomax will start at fullback, so my team is:

1. Lomax
2. Pereira
3. Aitken / Ravalawa
4. Lafai / Williame
5. Saab
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Merrin
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Luke
15. K Sims
16. Laurie / Kerr
17. Ford
Why do you think Graham would be medically unfit?

Is this a hunch or do you know something?

SBD82

Coach
I believe at this point in time we should include De Belin in our round one team and I doubt Graham will be medically fit to play; this will become apparent in the pre-season trials. Mary has said that Lomax will start at fullback, so my team is:

1. Lomax
2. Pereira
3. Aitken / Ravalawa
4. Lafai / Williame
5. Saab
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Merrin
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Luke
15. K Sims
16. Laurie / Kerr
17. Ford
It’s pretty damning that we are still relying on JDB being found not guilty. Surely Millard should have been actively pursuing someone that could have filled that gap as an insurance policy.

Could end up a real mess if JDB is found guilty.

possm

Coach
Correct, Saab is a right side player and Periera is best suited on the left.

The issue, I feel, revolves around who do you put outside Aitken. Having Saab on the right gives the option to bypass Aitken with a bomb to the flanks.
Replace Aitken. Any winger outside Aitken is going to look bad in defence and attack.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
It’s pretty damning that we are still relying on JDB being found not guilty. Surely Millard should have been actively pursuing someone that could have filled that gap as an insurance policy.

Could end up a real mess if JDB is found guilty.

He did; his name is Patrick Kafusi (no longer at the club though).

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Some great team selections and all seem to have merit. I really don't care whom is selected as long as McGregor & Dean Young have zero say in our attack.

I do not want to see a repeat of the forward power game that runs out of puff mid season.
I do not want to see JDB, James Graham or Trent Merrin used at Lock in a similar sweeping link role like a Dean Young played some 10 to 12 years years ago.

I want to see our backs with speed & footwork setting up our wingers & fullback.
Pick the best that are in form irrespective of their age & experience.

Saints have an established fullback and first grade standard wingers?

Since when? Not this this year it doesn’t.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
1. Lomax
2. Saab (LW)
3. Lafai (LC)
4. Aitken (RC)
5. Pereira (RW)
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Graham
11. Frizell (RF)
12. A. Sims (LF)
13. Merrin
14. K. Sims
15. Luke
16. Lawrie
17. Ford

Question without notice: who’s A. Sims? Do you mean Ashton Sims? I believe he retired a few years ago.

Latest posts