What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Western_Eel

Juniors
i want to know who had the job of maintaining the turf of the old ground in the bucket?
that would be one hell of a job

sempmrh

Juniors
Turf being laid in NQ

Seeing a 'real' photo like that shows just how magnificent that stadium will be. Love the open end and the view you get.

Thinking about planning a trip up for when Storm plays there in April. Any useful information you think I should know about Townsville?

beave

Coach
Seeing a 'real' photo like that shows just how magnificent that stadium will be. Love the open end and the view you get.

Thinking about planning a trip up for when Storm plays there in April. Any useful information you think I should know about Townsville?

April onwards is an awesome time of the year up there weather wise. Go up for 3-4 days IMO, it’s enough to see some of the local sights, if you’re into fishing have a look for a charter that goes to the outer part of the reef. Magnetic island is nice to go over and just chill on, not a hell of a lot to do but it’s good to just get the ferry over and sit on a beach.

The Strand is the main beach front, awesome for a morning walk and a few pubs along there. I used to love walking up Castle Hill (the big red rock in the middle of the city). There’s plenty of tracks but for a first timer just walk up the road. There is some awesome ‘wildlife’ that takes the road up in the mornings and afternoon.........

Stay on Palmer St, there’s heaps of accommodation there and you’ll be within walking distance of the new stadium. Look at the Oaks Gateway or Rydges, if you book now it’s ridiculously cheap.

Heaps of places to eat on Palmer as well, there’s an amazing indian place called Masala’s at the end of Palmer that all my visiting mates used to make me take them to when I lived up there. There’s a joint in the city called ‘Betty Blue and the Lemon Tart’, their breakfast is humongous, refer to the below pic

images

The main nightclub area is Flinders Street East and literally over the water from Palmer St, I haven’t been out in years up there, so I can’t really give any advice on where to go out. Mad Cow is an infamous joint that plays corny 80’s and 90’s shit, $20 you’ll end up there late at night.

Hope that helps mate.

sempmrh

Juniors
April onwards is an awesome time of the year up there weather wise. Go up for 3-4 days IMO, it’s enough to see some of the local sights, if you’re into fishing have a look for a charter that goes to the outer part of the reef. Magnetic island is nice to go over and just chill on, not a hell of a lot to do but it’s good to just get the ferry over and sit on a beach.

The Strand is the main beach front, awesome for a morning walk and a few pubs along there. I used to love walking up Castle Hill (the big red rock in the middle of the city). There’s plenty of tracks but for a first timer just walk up the road. There is some awesome ‘wildlife’ that takes the road up in the mornings and afternoon.........

Stay on Palmer St, there’s heaps of accommodation there and you’ll be within walking distance of the new stadium. Look at the Oaks Gateway or Rydges, if you book now it’s ridiculously cheap.

Heaps of places to eat on Palmer as well, there’s an amazing indian place called Masala’s at the end of Palmer that all my visiting mates used to make me take them to when I lived up there. There’s a joint in the city called ‘Betty Blue and the Lemon Tart’, their breakfast is humongous, refer to the below pic

images

The main nightclub area is Flinders Street East and literally over the water from Palmer St, I haven’t been out in years up there, so I can’t really give any advice on where to go out. Mad Cow is an infamous joint that plays corny 80’s and 90’s shit, $20 you’ll end up there late at night.

Hope that helps mate.
More than I was expecting. Thanks!

horrie hastings

First Grade
Would have gone up when the Roosters played for 4 or 5 days but my better half is having a big birthday with a zero in it this year and had already booked into the Hydro Majestic for 3 days long before the football draw came out :expressionless:

ground zero

Juniors
amazing 3 more off these in Sydney aka Bankwest etc. to share would be better an cheaper than Anz upgrade. leave Anz for what it is a big stadium event. grand finals, state of origin semis, Easter. rugby union, an SoccerooS big games an off course concerts.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Great stadium in Townsville. But, those seats are hideous. Upper tier is ok, but that lower tier, looks like the Gabba. Should have been flat grey.

beave

Coach
You can’t really tell shit in that pic. 1/4 of the ground is still the sand underlay and won’t get the turf til after the Elton John concert 29th Feb.

Latest posts