What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

carcharias

Immortal
Shhh you’ll ruin the narrative. Don’t you know the clubhouse was paid for out of money that was set aside for a Federal climate fund?
People just believe / make up any shit that suits them.
Hey
It’s nice don’t get me wrong.
They definitely needed a new one.
If it encourages kids to get off their arse and play sport who cares.
A new clubhouse can only help.

Quigs

Immortal
I played sookarh for the Kirrawee Kangaroos at Lilli Pilli.

Arhhhh memories. Nearly six decades ago that was

txta2

Bench
Problem is the club started the build before the grant happened. That is where the issue is and why the whole thing stinks and is starting to look crooked each day.

taipan

Referee
Hope the Lilli Pilli soccer club survived the storm. My hard earned taxes paid for the bloody thing....

It did survive,I just did my early morning walk past there.Lot of dogs running around the field with their owners. Should be well fertilised when Carch plays there next.

The belt of land from Yowie Bay to Sutho took the brunt of the storm.in the Shire.

Just noticed two crockery pots of my blueberries on the patio, knocked over, broken pottery everywhere ,had to replant the blueberries in the garden.Now the friggin cockatoos will have a field day.

txta2

Bench
Shhh you’ll ruin the narrative. Don’t you know the clubhouse was paid for out of money that was set aside for a Federal climate fund?
People just believe / make up any shit that suits them.
Wow, so full blown pork barrelling is OK now. The Auditor general said 'the funding decisions were not consistent with the programme guidelines' .61 per cent did not meet merit needs. PM is backing the hillbillies, so that is the narrative.

Eion

First Grade
Wow, so full blown pork barrelling is OK now. The Auditor general said 'the funding decisions were not consistent with the programme guidelines' .61 per cent did not meet merit needs. PM is backing the hillbillies, so that is the narrative.
You were the one who was specific to the Lilli Pilli clubhouse, so why don’t you tell us how any funding they received was inappropriate.

txta2

Bench
I played soccer there last year.
It not much different to any other club in the shire .
It’s just new.
Canteen
Couple of dunnys
Storage rooms
A big empty room for meetings etc.
There is no extra seating like claimed, they are stairs.
The actual grass is dirt.
The club got most of the money through fund raising.

go and have a look at bonnet bay if you want to see a kick arse club.
I understand that and good luck to them. But unfortunately that's not how the grant system works. And with the PM involved it all the spin and bullshit he says won't wash with me.

carcharias

Immortal
Problem is the club started the build before the grant happened. That is where the issue is and why the whole thing stinks and is starting to look crooked each day.

it was done at least 6 months ago ..probably longer ( I only played there once )
Did you know then or only now some news paper has decided to stir some shit?

do you know who paid for all those new clubhouses at the Ridge?
I bet they got some form of gov funding too.

Didn’t scomo also helped the Sharks get funding?

soccer is the biggest sport in the shire and I think the shire is the biggest soccer area in Australia.

Eion

First Grade
it was done at least 6 months ago ..probably longer ( I only played there once )

soccer is the biggest sport in the shire and I think the shire is the biggest soccer area in Australia.
And Lilli Pilli is the biggest club. It’s huge, why wouldn’t a local MP friggen support it.

txta2

Bench
You were the one who was specific to the Lilli Pilli clubhouse, so why don’t you tell us how any funding they received was inappropriate.
Well for a starters the PM was involved.
Ministers and the PM have no say in who gets the grants. The club started building BEFORE they received the grant. The club was boasting about the fund, weeks before receiving it.

Eion

First Grade
Well for a starters the PM was involved.
Ministers and the PM have no say in who gets the grants. The club started building BEFORE they received the grant. The club was boasting about the fund, weeks before receiving it.
Involved how? What was inappropriate?

txta2

Bench

The point is the Govt has given grants in total disregard to the recommendations given. It's pork barrelling in giving grants to each seat before the election.

Eion

First Grade
Hey
It’s nice don’t get me wrong.
They definitely needed a new one.
If it encourages kids to get off their arse and play sport who cares.
A new clubhouse can only help.
Mate it great, certainly not over the top by any means for the biggest club, as you say there are plenty of better facilities elsewhere even in the shire.

I’ve got all 3 of my girls playing for LP, if they did get funding then great, I’m happy for the club and any level of government that assisted in it. Good stuff.