What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

I have a feeling Mc85 will never be sacked. However, I do see, stepping down, stepping aside, stress realted illness etc, dished out to 'soften' the blow and to maintain some dignity for both him and the Board.

Prescient insights.

I think it will be a physical illness as opposed to anything remotely connected with stress or failure as the latter is inadmissible from a pr perspective.

He hasn’t got the squad he “wanted” this year either.

After so much stress for so long, I wonder if his mind and body can effortlessly adapt to civilian life. He’s going to grieve for it, the leadership people will wipe him.

He might find comfort from the hippies teaching the players meditation.

One of the oft heard criticisms is that he didn’t resign earlier, he couldn’t accept his role as a key figure in the recent rapid decline of the club.

It’s a very painful realisation and I doubt he can accept it. That’s ok, so long as he’s gone I guess.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Prescient insights.

I think it will be a physical illness as opposed to anything remotely connected with stress or failure as the latter is inadmissible from a pr perspective.

He hasn’t got the squad he “wanted” this year either.

After so much stress for so long, I wonder if his mind and body can effortlessly adapt to civilian life. He’s going to grieve for it, the leadership people will wipe him.

He might find comfort from the hippies teaching the players meditation.

One of the oft heard criticisms is that he didn’t resign earlier, he couldn’t accept his role as a key figure in the recent rapid decline of the club.

It’s a very painful realisation and I doubt he can accept it. That’s ok, so long as he’s gone I guess.

There’s an eerie parallel with the Trump impeachment in the sacking of McGregor - it has the same smell about it

(minus the hair)

There’s an eerie parallel with the Trump impeachment in the sacking of McGregor - it has the same smell about it

(minus the hair)

I hope not.. the impeachment will not remove Trump .. it will ultimately lead to him being re-elected.

Funny enough, what may happen is that the Democrats will become so divided .. and Hillary will be thrown back up as the ‘pea’. Only to be beaten again.

The smell in the air is the average punters discontent with career politicians doing nothing. Much like us and our Board.

McGregor is only part of the problem .. the ‘swamp’ is the real problem.

Drain the swamp.

I hope not.. the impeachment will not remove Trump .. it will ultimately lead to him being re-elected.

Funny enough, what may happen is that the Democrats will become so divided .. and Hillary will be thrown back up as the ‘pea’. Only to be beaten again.

The smell in the air is the average punters discontent with career politicians doing nothing. Much like us and our Board.

McGregor is only part of the problem .. the ‘swamp’ is the real problem.

Drain the swamp.

The Democrats don’t have the numbers to remove him from office, so it’s a waste of resources. Political leaders using the resources of the state to interfere and mangle state business is not uncommon.

Right now we have a federal minister busted for preference funding. I doubt she did it entirely off her own bat, the swamp was right behind her, but I’d say she’s been sold out. Wait 5 years and she will be given a plumb government agency job to shut her up. So she will be taken care of.

Mary will be allowed to resign for health reasons once a new coach and everything is ready. He will be paid out his contract and the swamp will put the next saviour front and centre.

Yet another new era.

There will be no trial or inquisition. No reasons provided by the club for the madness of the Mary era.

Those who brought him to power as a coach and provided him with safe harbour will go unpunished and remain unaccountable.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The Democrats don’t have the numbers to remove him from office, so it’s a waste of resources. Political leaders using the resources of the state to interfere and mangle state business is not uncommon.

Right now we have a federal minister busted for preference funding. I doubt she did it entirely off her own bat, the swamp was right behind her, but I’d say she’s been sold out. Wait 5 years and she will be given a plumb government agency job to shut her up. So she will be taken care of.

Mary will be allowed to resign for health reasons once a new coach and everything is ready. He will be paid out his contract and the swamp will put the next saviour front and centre.

Yet another new era.

There will be no trial or inquisition. No reasons provided by the club for the madness of the Mary era.

Those who brought him to power as a coach and provided him with safe harbour will go unpunished and remain unaccountable.

The old chestnut of preferential funding has been going on since Christ was a young lad, as we all know.

Both Liberal & Labour are specials at it.
The Greens would like to do it but that would mean, making a decision and actually following thru....... Of course, they declined the invitation.

The old chestnut of preferential funding has been going on since Christ was a young lad, as we all know.

Both Liberal & Labour are specials at it.
The Greens would like to do it but that would mean, making a decision and actually following thru....... Of course, they declined the invitation.

Very true, government is about procuring and allocating resources. There are much more seats in doubt than 30+ years ago when folk were rusted on.

The libs were in for a tough election and she made the ultimate sacrifice. She has no political career left.

But as you suggest, it’s easy to whinge and sob but harder to lead and get the balance right.

If she was corrupt or dodgy, to be fair, some of the Labor party’s policies were also complete crap and I think somewhat forgetting Joe the worker.

The battle for control of resources...

Mary had a lot of resources but couldn’t allocate them.

The 85 game, the catastrophic panic at the end -was players failing to focus under fatigue.

If he’d given an extra 10 minutes to that scenario in training, you might have closed the game out.

Mary re-lives it in his head every other night.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Surely by now at fan or training days and the like the fans are getting stuck into Mary
I mean outside coaching and being involved with 1st or reserve grade he is a good bloke but how can he keep going to work knowing he is the most hated figure in NRL clubland from outside club walls and probably the last that anyone would look up to within clubland

LINESPEED

Juniors
Surely by now at fan or training days and the like the fans are getting stuck into Mary
I mean outside coaching and being involved with 1st or reserve grade he is a good bloke but how can he keep going to work knowing he is the most hated figure in NRL clubland from outside club walls and probably the last that anyone would look up to within clubland

And you know ... all the dumbfu*ker has to do to take a fair bit of heat off himself is play Sailor or Dufty at 1 & Lomax alongside the best junior performer in Preseason at 3 & 4.

It’s so fu*kin simple ...
TO FREE HIMSELF of the No 1 bone of contention across the fan base & social media - his useless beloved centres with the worst combined stats in the NRL!
WTFUUUK

Yet he’s prepared to let the Empire fall on their behalf.

And he’s got himself into the same fullback selection bind as last year’s crazy positional shuffling - all to avoid dropping Aitken, who is his absolute prized chess piece in the game for some demented reason.

Having thrown so many others under the bus, you’d reckon sacking Turnstile & Slowlai would be a cinch to save his ass .

Doesn’t he have a political advisor...FFS?

I need a drink

getsmarty

Immortal
And you know ... all the dumbfu*ker has to do to take a fair bit of heat off himself is play Sailor or Dufty at 1 & Lomax alongside the best junior performer in Preseason at 3 & 4.

TO FREE HIMSELF of the No 1 bone of contention across the fan base & social media - his useless beloved centres with the worst combined stats in the NRL!
WTFUUUK

And he’s got himself into the same fullback selection bind as last year’s crazy positional shuffling - all to avoid dropping Aitken, who is his absolute prized chess piece in the game for some demented reason.

Having thrown so many others under the bus, you’d reckon sacking Turnstile & Slowlai would be a cinch to save his ass .

I need a drink

And therein lies the problem...............Stubborn....

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

WTFUUUK

I need a drink

He’s had a number of advisers but somehow, they keep finding themselves under a bus, funny that.

LINESPEED

Juniors
He’s had a number of advisers but somehow, they keep finding themselves under a bus, funny that.

Hmmm...
Guess they wear the treadmarks...

But rest assured, he’ll be the skidmark on our history

- and no amount of post-career libations with drinking mate Aitken down at Dapto will heal that self-inflicted pain

and stain

BLM01

First Grade
And therein lies the problem...............Stubborn....
And it gets worse
Now he has handed our new captain leadership manuals to read to follow in his footsteps after Mary has tried to read all the coaching manuals, one-liners and prophecies that go with it to improve himself and it has amounted to zilch
he's probably given cam a book of his own written one-liners and prophecies and excuses.
Come on Mary McMuckup captaining a side isn't that complicated and shouldn't have to be read in textbooks same as your coaching but that's your problem always your head down not looking up seeing what's actually in front of you out there
Cam just throw those books in the bin and just follow your own intuition please and lead and speak with your heart.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
And it gets worse
Now he has handed our new captain leadership manuals to read to follow in his footsteps after Mary has tried to read all the coaching manuals, one-liners and prophecies that go with it to improve himself and it has amounted to zilch
he's probably given cam a book of his own written one-liners and prophecies and excuses.
Come on Mary McMuckup captaining a side isn't that complicated and shouldn't have to be read in textbooks same as your coaching but that's your problem always your head down not looking up seeing what's actually in front of you out there
Cam just throw those books in the bin and just follow your own intuition please and lead and speak with your heart.

I found it!
Volume 1of 10
COACHING GUIDE.jpg

Latest posts