What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

macnaz

Staff member
Mate we’ve gone from having a $1.7mil ‘warchest’ to $1mil last week when we missed Latrell, to now only having $800k. Yet reports were also saying we offered Latrell over $1mil a year

If you can figure any of it out you’re better then me.
And then you have souffs with f**k all money but still keep finding some when they need it. :thinking:

rex2ce

Juniors
Mate we’ve gone from having a $1.7mil ‘warchest’ to $1mil last week when we missed Latrell, to now only having $800k. Yet reports were also saying we offered Latrell over $1mil a year

If you can figure any of it out you’re better then me.
I’m thinking they have money put away in case Addo-Carr signs, so not shown in available cap atm

Phil Gould

Juniors
BJ will bring a bit of mongrel to the team, that was what Packer and Matulino were supposed to do. At the start they looked promising but unfortunately it never eventuated.

Hopefully BJ can make more of a lasting impact with the tigers. He knows that his brain explosions cost him his spot, I hope he learns to reign in the beast with the tigers. He controlled himself much better over the last year but is still a bit of a loose cannon.

I say “roll the dice Tigers!”

The Rosco

Bench
BJ will bring a bit of mongrel to the team, that was what Packer and Matulino were supposed to do. At the start they looked promising but unfortunately it never eventuated.

Hopefully BJ can make more of a lasting impact with the tigers. He knows that his brain explosions cost him his spot, I hope he learns to reign in the beast with the tigers. He controlled himself much better over the last year but is still a bit of a loose cannon.

Agree X2.
Still don't know why you'd call yourself Phil Gould . . with a picture . . . but you do make sense.

gordsy

Juniors
You never know with players like BJ. Look at Suli. Lazy and shit with us, even more shit with Bulldogs. Then plays under Dez and is killing it. Madge and Dez are similar style coaches, I reckon BJ is worth a gamble.

I can understand why Raiders want to move him on though. They are now a genuine Grand Final team, and unfortunately BJ is too risky to have in the team. They have a platform for winning and its safer without the risk of BJ. For us on the other hand its completely different kettle of fish. We don't have a winning platform yet, and we need players like BJ to charge into the finals

And if he ends up being shithouse then what difference does it make? Its either him or a random reserve grader. I'd rather take the gamble

This is a complete rumour (because I just made it up) but I'm hearing (I'm not, I'm making this up) of a player merry go round about to happen:
Gagai to Titans
Arrow to Souths
AJ to Storm
JAC to Tigers

This is on top of AD and BJ to Tigers

Probably went from 600k with us to 500k at the Dogs to 250k at Manly and when the credit card bill came in it was a wake up. The good part was that we didn't stick with him forever and a day. He was always going to be a f**kwit whilst he was with us.

As Jason Taylor said, the art of coaching is lifting each player individually and connecting them into the side. Getting them to perform at once together is the holy grail.

We saw the bulldogs click into gear late last year, regrettably against us as well.

A credit to their supposedly second rate support staff, unfancied coach and nuffy players.

The club is more suspect than us but they will push for a finals berth in 2020.

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench

We also need size right across the park, which is something all the top teams have.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If we could have gotten JAC for $450k or BJ for $600 I'm not sure what way I would have gone.
Probably JAC

It’s a difficult one. Who do I think is the better player? JAC

Where do I think our squad is lacking the most class/quality? Fullback and center

To me it’s horses for courses. As much as I’d love JAC back where he belongs a big, aggressive strike center is what the team needs IMO

No use having a Ferrari on the wing if the Datson inside him can’t get him the ball

Ron's_Mate

Bench
It’s a difficult one. Who do I think is the better player? JAC

Where do I think our squad is lacking the most class/quality? Fullback and center

To me it’s horses for courses. As much as I’d love JAC back where he belongs a big, aggressive strike center is what the team needs IMO

No use having a Ferrari on the wing if the Datson inside him can’t get him the ball
I can see BJ busting the defence & chucking the ball to Corey, Jennings, or Nofa to score an easy try. Would still love to have JAC back but it seems like the Storm won't let him go easily.

Ha, according to the POM on the other forum we are going to pick up Josh Hoffman from the Eels, likely on a contract outside the 30 (at least I f**king hope so.)