What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

carcharias

Immortal
Wow
People who have worked their arses off to be successful are not worthy of a sports clubhouse because of where they live?

Ooh you can't say that, the thought police will be upon ye.Yes I have read that about the recording issues.
I accept data if laid out clearly.
There are so many possibilities as to what is or maybe isn't happening and its effect.
1)World population growth is huge. Yes it is .Getting Huger too, all adding to humankinds effects on the Planet. Im pretty sure any climatoligist, Environmental scientist etc is well aware of the implications.
2) Rain forests being cleared at an astonishing rate Yes they are , More reason to start getting things right.
3)Our records go back only so far, to draw real comparisons.We've had some shocking droughts in the 1800s This one is the one that is just so ridiculous some cant help but reply with ridicule .I lived near Bristlecone Pine tree Methusala for a While . It is 5000 yrs old In the Mountains behind it are ,Glaciers . Tree ring study in conjunction with Ice core studies of nearby Glaciers and the current data of last 2hundred years gives a pretty good idea of climate in that area for thousands of yrs.. Other studies on old trees elsewhere ...same idea. Theres also Carbon 14 daing and geological structure to give a good idea of climate changes over time
4) We have had predictions in the 70s and the latter part of the 20th Century and they were wrong in their timeline.They are getting better . I guess like you didnt read My link about Nasa explanation of climate study , You also didnt check out BOM /CSIRO predictions from 2014 and earlier that are uncannily Close to what we are seeing.
5)The trouble with weather ,and it's been the case for yonks ,it is not a constant. Wouldn't wish it on anyone, but where's the cyclones predicted for Australia East coast this year. Trouble with denialists and dontwanttoknowaboutitists is they dont make distiction between weather and Climate when it doesnt suit them
A mate's grandson is a keen every day surfer and stated the water was colder later than usual off Cronulla. So? Maybe its cause theres more glacier water melting into currents. I dont know . Maybe its because Your Grandson feels colder getting out of warmer wether when he gets in ? I dont know but its hardly a reason to dismiss climate change . Prewtty sure a REAL climatoligist would have a good answer but you dont seem to want to look up that sort of thing
All of the above are not hearsay.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBZc2Nc?m=en-au&referrerID=InAppShare

Ok I put Reply in Blue ,a quiet colour Not Green or Red (bloody lefties) or yellow

mate
That video I had deleted
Was Barnaby Joyce and Joel Fitzgibbon
Barnaby was doing his thing talking about the bush fires and drought And how they could’ve done stuff differently.
Blah blah

Then Joel starts bagging out the liberal party
Thats normal for a politician

after a while he starts questioning Barnaby input.
Ha
Bad move
Barnaby gets the shits
He lives on drought effected property
He is ripping into Joel
Joel is bagging out the liberal party’s bush fire plan.
Barnaby finally cracks and say
What is your plan?

joel responds with
We are here to hold the liberal party to account

Barnaby asks again

even kochie interrupts and says it’s a good question

this bloke couldn’t answer
He literally could not give any answer at all
Nothing.

he is on tv bagging out the liberal but can’t give one single answer.
Barnaby was an accountant before politics. Dont know when he bought the farm but it would sure help to have a political position and the salary and pension plan that goes with it. Most Farmers dont have that luxury . I had a hail storm wipe out last years crop and do Damage to the trees they have never fully recovered from . Then straight into Drought. Workload doubled , but. Did you See his Christmas rant ?Wonder what reaction Id get with a rant like that here?

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBYjra8?m=en-au&referrerID=InAppShare

carcharias

Immortal
Barnaby was an accountant before politics. Dont know when he bought the farm but it would sure help to have a political position and the salary and pension plan that goes with it. Most Farmers dont have that luxury . I had a hail storm wipe out last years crop and do Damage to the trees they have never fully recovered from . Then straight into Drought. Workload doubled , but. Did you See his Christmas rant ?Wonder what reaction Id get with a rant like that here?

awesome
Zero to do with what I wrote.

fitzy
Could not even give an answer
Nothing
Deer in the headlights.
It was train wreck tv.

taipan

Referee
https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBZc2Nc?m=en-au&referrerID=InAppShare

Ok I put Reply in Blue ,a quiet colour Not Green or Red (bloody lefties) or yellow

I don't think anywhere i've suggested hum population hasn't played a part in
Thus my point on the big increase in population is not enunciated out loud by the Thunbergs or Gores of this world.If you are going to lay out criticism on a massive subject such as climate change ,you spell it out, not just one area.
My views re defoliation of jungles coupled with the above.Hence my comments about no demos outside the Embassies of countries involved directly with the above.
Norway is about to embark on a new gas development in the North Sea subject to approval .I trust the young lass ,living a country next door ,will be outside the Norwegian Embassy protesting.

I studied FWIW Geology in final two years of high school so I have a basic layman's idea ,chasing fossil samples on the Lower Blue Mtns and on the rocks in the Warringah beach land area..Many things have happened over the Earth's existence, re volcanic activity ,earth's crust movements, mass extinctions (still working out whether it was a direct meteor hit,) tsunamis, sedimentary, metamorphic and igneous rock also tell tales over the eons.The Earth is such a volatile place.We saw it in 2004 with the SEA Tsunami.

Yes radiocarbon dating is fairly accurate for the most part, but it has a few sizeable flaws.Cosmic rays and changes in Earth's climate can cause irregularities , in the amount of Carbon 14 in the atmosphere.Humans began making an impact in the Industrial Revolution.Source .anthropolgy.msu.ed
Current data of the last 200 years is small in the overall age of the Earth TBF.

If scientists make dogmatic statements the temp will rise by X degrees and coastlines flooded in 20 years.They are making a statement of fact. If they stated there is a possibility this could happen then fine.
It's a cop out for them to say, but it's happening now .

Weather is what is happening now, climate change of course ,is not something happening now but weather over many years to form a pattern.The common denominator weather.
Think even the most naive denialist knows the difference Qld for example has had cyclones over years,.some very severe.We have had severe fires over the years ,some very severe.

All my point was, here is an example in one area where the water is cold at a specific place.It may well be warner a few kms north.So you can have many points with many different results?Not my grandson ,my mates.He's 16 been surfing since 10, year round, rain, hail or shine.

I'm not dismissing climate change for the 100th time.I'm questioning ,citing comments.You question ,make a view and you are therefore in denial.Sheesh.If you look at my theme, humans play a big part in what is happening then and now.
Human intervention plays a big part in pollution, decades ago I could eat oysters off rocks in Port Hacking, wouldn't p*ss on them now.Why because of land clearing on the bay's edges and all the sediment going into the Bay, plus oil from boats and water run off from gutters.

Another point.The Earth's Magnetic Pole has officially moved East at an unusually fast pace, from the Canadian Arctic towards Russia.At one stage 55kms pa now about 40kms pa.This has happened many times in Earth's history.What is that impact?

taipan

Referee

He also has a farm or brought up on one. Wouldn't be a farmer for quids, too harrowing.

He carries on like an idiot at times, but FitzGibbons would not give an answer (despite being asked 4 times)as to what his party would do).They are sh*t scared of offending the miners, and losing their base in Qld and NSW for good.

.No one from the Left media SMH/ABC/Project questions Albanese about his OKaying coal mining.else China will look elsewhere.

carcharias

Immortal
Water was warm this morning

everything to do with the last week or so of wind direction.

didn’t spot one scientist on the beach with a thermometer either.

Quigs

Immortal
Couldn't be bothered starting a new thread so I suppose this one will do.

Question from the floor without notice.

Has the Cap'n been banished? Has he been dispatched to parts unknown.?

carcharias

Immortal
Climate change is a hoax.

you f**kers are such dummy spitters.

If someone dares even question how these scientists make their findings you weirdo’s start with that climate change denier shit.

because ABC said a scientist report leans one way you merkins take it as gospel.

carcharias

Immortal
Couldn't be bothered starting a new thread so I suppose this one will do.

Question from the floor without notice.

Has the Cap'n been banished? Has he been dispatched to parts unknown.?

haven’t seen him around my way for yonks

Quicksilver

Bench
you f**kers are such dummy spitters.

If someone dares even question how these scientists make their findings you weirdo’s start with that climate change denier shit.

because ABC said a scientist report leans one way you merkins take it as gospel.

No, I'm with you now.

There wasn't a scientist at the beach this morning with a thermometer.

I don't know who to trust any more but it certainly ain't the scientist that would rather sleep in. Lazy merkins.

carcharias

Immortal
No, I'm with you now.

There wasn't a scientist at the beach this morning with a thermometer.

I don't know who to trust any more but it certainly ain't the scientist that would rather sleep in. Lazy merkins.

That’s the spirit
Don’t trust anyone or dare to question anything.

carcharias

Immortal
Exactly. Their data collection is flawed. I know because I haven't read their reports but I didn't see a scientist with a thermometer.

Dunno about flawed
I’m not necessarily %100 convinced it is %100 accurate.
Especially when they don’t include so many areas in their global average.

Maybe it’s hotter than what they reckon.

Bingo. So that's the real problem with sports in Australia and why the country is lagging behind many others. I'm not talking about rowing clubs or golf, lol.
Regional areas are suffering the most.
So if you can't afford it then bad luck seems to be the attitude of this govnt.
Sports rorts are knocking on Scottys door.
Absolute complete rubbish. Regional areas are booming in infrastructure builds. Wish I had 3 of me.