What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

League Unlimited's Favourite Movie

axl rose

Bench
haha Grease 2

Which ones are wiped, all of those or just the bold. Anyway thanks misanthrope.

Gallipoli?

anigif_enhanced-18136-1416360523-1.gif

I’m the same as @The Vaulting Violinist - think almost all of my top 30 are on that list apart from 2 or 3 standouts.
Grease 2 is a hilarious choice, but chosen nonetheless.. Adrian Zmed at his finest...

And hats off to whoever selected “Cube”. Awesome film that I battled with myself to get in my top 30 but couldn’t find a spot.

Anyone else have a favourite movie on that list they couldn’t include in their votes?

Great work @Misanthrope - look forward to further result updates.

Springs09

Juniors
I’m the same as @The Vaulting Violinist - think almost all of my top 30 are on that list apart from 2 or 3 standouts.
Grease 2 is a hilarious choice, but chosen nonetheless.. Adrian Zmed at his finest...

And hats off to whoever selected “Cube”. Awesome film that I battled with myself to get in my top 30 but couldn’t find a spot.

Anyone else have a favourite movie on that list they couldn’t include in their votes?

Great work @Misanthrope - look forward to further result updates.

I think I counted 19 of mine on that list, so 11 of mine made the cut. I was surprised Schindler's List didn't make it, as that was high up on mine and someone else's.

There's a ton on that list I couldn't find a spot for on mine though - Die Hard, Aladdin, Oldboy, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Braveheart, Seven Samurai, Unforgiven, Toy Story, The Exorcist, Full Metal Jacket, Arrival, Big Lebowski, Taxi Driver, Willy Wonka, Truman Show, Pan's Labyrinth and No Country for Old Men.

The Exorcist was my #1, purely because it still gets a reaction out of me unlike any other film. I hazard a guess to say I may have been the only one to vote for it at all.

My #1 is The Gods must be crazy. Like yours, I also guess I’d have been the only one to give it a vote at all. And it always gets a reaction out of me unlike any other film.. as I’m sure everyone else’s number 1’s will do for them.

I’d also think that not many people may have even seen my number one, a South African comedy film made in 1980..

It’s a highly unique film, brilliantly written and filmed, always makes me laugh and has a central storyline that’s forever getting more relevant as years roll by... and consumerism is forever growing ..

Objects we never needed before to survive or be happy become necessities, ultimately to the detriment of society. The bushmen of the Kalahari have adapted their lives to suit the environment they live in. While “civilised man” wasn’t happy with their environment, so instead they have adapted their environment to suit their lives.

My top 5

1. Saving Private Ryan
2. Good Fellas
3. Godfather 2
4. Godfather
5. Apocalypse Now

My next 5-20 could be interchangeable.

Happy to post my list after the big LU reveal...

I will say that I like seeing the other lists. There’s a lot of movies I’ve been meaning to watch that get “reminded”, and also a few that I wouldn’t have give ya second thought I will now.

Also, there are a lot in there that I now think less of you now.

:yum:

Latest posts