What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Josh Reynolds DV accusation (charges dropped 26/2/20)

mave

Coach
I’m the last person to defend Greenberg, and if Reynolds was stood down I wouldn’t complain

Again I’m not excusing him however from memory Walker had several eye witnesses saying they saw him assaulting his wife. He also had form off the field

Allegedly , yes there were witnesses to the alleged assault by Walker.

Now we have Reynolds with his initial charge, now with an alleged leaked video showing him allegedly verbally admonishing a female, who is the alledged victim from the initial charge.

The old "bringing the game into disrepute" has gone, replaced by "Todd's discretion " as to what is acceptable behaviour for the NRL.

Excellent.
Todd Greenburg.
Judge, Jury , and Executioner .

The same guy that gave a glowing personal character reference to an alleged wife beating, alleged drink driving player.
The same guy that let Matt Lodge play without issue.

What could possibly go wrong?

Hmmm

Matt Lodge was suspended from the NRL for a lengthy time, has a $1m+ fine to pay.. The Broncos approached the NRL to re-register him, a lengthy process was followed, finally approval was granted with strict guidelines against the player with immediate ban from the NRL if he transgressed. Don't see this was "without issue"...?

Russell Packer went through the similar process with the Dragons when they wanted to bring him in.

Both guys have served/serving the penalties imposed upon them by law. And thus far - both players have not transgressed upon re-instatement to the game.

mave

Coach
Hmmm

Matt Lodge was suspended from the NRL for a lengthy time, has a $1m+ fine to pay.. The Broncos approached the NRL to re-register him, a lengthy process was followed, finally approval was granted with strict guidelines against the player with immediate ban from the NRL if he transgressed. Don't see this was "without issue"...?

Russell Packer went through the similar process with the Dragons when they wanted to bring him in.

Both guys have served/serving the penalties imposed upon them by law. And thus far - both players have not transgressed upon re-instatement to the game.

Excellent, I stand corrected re Lodge.

Any thoughts on the alleged drink driving, alleged wife beating, former player that got himself a glowing personal character reference, which seemingly assisted him getting a lenient judgement in court?

And you are are happy with TG being judge jury and executioner for some players that have yet to see the inside of a courtroom.
And to then be completely inconsistent with his rulings on whether these players can play

Im not.

Front-Rower

First Grade
yelling at someone and calling her what he did would be classed as threatening behaviour. Go up to the next coppa you see and try it, see what happens and let us know.

Going by the evidence in the video she wasn’t welcome in the house and “barged” her way in. In some countries it would be shoot first abuse second

AJB1102

First Grade
yelling at someone and calling her what he did would be classed as threatening behaviour. Go up to the next coppa you see and try it, see what happens and let us know.

In public sure. If the coppa is at your house though you should be right to give the merkin a gobfull. All depends on the cop so they're a bad example. They could pay it no attention or mace you and get you for all sorts of shit, they're a lottery.

Excellent, I stand corrected re Lodge.

Any thoughts on the alleged drink driving, alleged wife beating, former player that got himself a glowing personal character reference, which seemingly assisted him getting a lenient judgement in court?

And you are are happy with TG being judge jury and executioner for some players that have yet to see the inside of a courtroom.
And to then be completely inconsistent with his rulings on whether these players can play

Im not.

Actually - I think we need the true sporting masterminds in Australia to run the game... the true voices of reason in this complex sport of Rugby League ...

Roy Slaven and HG Nelson...

Sensible Solutions for the greatest game of all...

"Rugby League Players Should Be In Jail Except For The 80 Minutes They Play Each Week"

After news this week that a US judge has ordered former Wests Tigers player Matt Lodge to pay $1.2 million to the victims of his Manhattan rampage, Roy & HG on The Sporting Probe have said that perhaps the NRL should change the way it manages its players.

'This is a rugby league story that is too difficult to describe because you think you're making it up all the time," HG said.

"I've often said this, and I know you support this: rugby league players should be in jail except for the 80 minutes they play each week.

"You could take a chance and let a few out, but I think it would only disappoint you in the end.

"Do you think he's submitting a video to clubs of his rampage so he can show them, well this is what I can do to ordinary people, imagine what I could at your club?

"The Catholic Church has nothing on redemption compared to rugby league

https://amp.triplem.com.au/story/ru...-for-the-80-minutes-they-play-each-week-23952

myrrh ken

First Grade
Im no qc but in no way was the abuse in the vid threatening or otherwise constitute assault

Front-Rower

First Grade
Stop trying to normalise it then.

From the evidence in the video he states that she barged in and scared him. He also repeatedly asked her to leave which she refused and he became angry.

if the roles were reversed you’d probably be applauding her for her bravery.

Wizardman

First Grade
I am a Wests Tigers fan. The Tigers would benefit greatly if they were able to tear up his contract on the spot. I'd love him to be off the books but not under these circumstances.
To me, the whole video is super suss and designed to damage his character. Absolutely staged by the lady. For this video to come out during a court case is more of a reflection on her motives than a reflection on him.