What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Josh Reynolds DV accusation (charges dropped 26/2/20)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
From the evidence in the video he states that she barged in and scared him. He also repeatedly asked her to leave which she refused and he became angry.

if the roles were reversed you’d probably be applauding her for her bravery.
Not sure how much clearer I can be.

How Josh talked to her in the video isn't ok. That's what I'm saying. And it's not normal.

I'm not taking into account context (because I don't believe that's a defence to the manner in which he spoke to her) and I'm not making any judgment about his guilt or innocence.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well from what’s now being thrown around from his side, this is sadly getting very ugly. It’s obvious there will be no winners

Front-Rower

First Grade
I'm not taking into account context (because I don't believe that's a defence to the manner in which he spoke to her) and I'm not making any judgment about his guilt or innocence.

If someone has scared you, you continually ask them to leave and they don't, I think that is a perfectly normal reaction.

You and I don't know what happened prior though going by evidence in the video he was scared, asked the woman to leave and she didn't. In that situation, a normal person probably isn't going to have a calm civilised conversation.

Chimp

Bench
A woman should never be spoken to like this, unless you're addressing @Timmah the little bitch
Why should this be gender specific - surely nobody should be spoken to like this?
And whilst I agree with that in principle, In the real world, people do fall out and have arguments, people do talk and treat each other like shit unfortunately - but talking to a woman like shit ain’t a criminal offence or one the NRL should be getting involved with - that’s between him and her.
We don’t know what has happened before or after the video, so making any assumptions is dangerous - I’m always suspicious when stuff like this gets leaked where clearly the part of the footage released only shows 1 side of the story that is being portrayed - feels targeted and cynical.

bileduct

Coach
Alleged assault incident occurs on September 12, 2019.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/re...used-bruising-on-partner-20191218-p53l18.html

Reported to police on December 11, 2019.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12...nolds-charged-with-domestic-violence/11793506

An interesting snippet from the top article...

Mr Reynolds contacted police, Wests Tigers club officials and the NRL integrity unit a fortnight before he was officially charged to alert them of the potentially impending allegations.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Suggesting it's not unusual is very clearly an attempt to normalise it.

You see a 30 sec video. We don’t know the lead up to it. Not excusing it but they have anger management classes for a reason. It just isn’t played out in public normally

franklin2323

Immortal
Why should this be gender specific - surely nobody should be spoken to like this?
And whilst I agree with that in principle, In the real world, people do fall out and have arguments, people do talk and treat each other like shit unfortunately - but talking to a woman like shit ain’t a criminal offence or one the NRL should be getting involved with - that’s between him and her.
We don’t know what has happened before or after the video, so making any assumptions is dangerous - I’m always suspicious when stuff like this gets leaked where clearly the part of the footage released only shows 1 side of the story that is being portrayed - feels targeted and cynical.

The miscarriage was made public in April no doubt there would be other issues too. The video is a bad look and handled poorly but not a hangable offence

myrrh ken

First Grade

Wizardman

First Grade
This is starting to get real messy.

Judging by the shit being flung by both sides the only safe assumption is that neither party is completely innocent.
All very sad. These two lost unborn twins earlier this year.The effect that would have on their lives would be enormous.

Ikuvalu fan

Juniors
Under the no fault stand down policy, players are only forced to stand down if they are facing charges that carry 11 years or more if found guilty, hence why de Belin and Fainu have already been officially stood down.
For anything less than 11 years it is my understanding that only then does Greenberg become the judge jury and executioner. Reynolds' actions do not warrant 11 years, so it'll be up to Todd whether he's allowed to play or not.
Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...1/news-story/88b81af2475f001d43b24bdcd24c3b4d

franklin2323

Immortal
Under the no fault stand down policy, players are only forced to stand down if they are facing charges that carry 11 years or more if found guilty, hence why de Belin and Fainu have already been officially stood down.
For anything less than 11 years it is my understanding that only then does Greenberg become the judge jury and executioner. Reynolds' actions do not warrant 11 years, so it'll be up to Todd whether he's allowed to play or not.
Source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...1/news-story/88b81af2475f001d43b24bdcd24c3b4d

The PR stunt last year said offences against women and Children come under this too.

AJB1102

First Grade

If the context is she barged into his home uninvited and refused to leave he can call her every name under the sun. Grab her and toss her out the front door. No violence but you should be able to eject an uninvited guest from your home and call 'em whatever you want.

Latest posts