What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
not game enough to look under the hood anymore, cant even find the bloody carburettor.

You think you hav e troubles jak ? Each time I take my Ford ( yes I went over to the dark side - purely for financial reasons ) for a tune-up the chap tells me he needs to look at the computer , naturally I say I am computer illiterate and wouldn’t have one for quids .

But what the f##k ! He tells me there is one hiding under the passenger seat , been there for years apparently . . .

jak

Bench
You think you hav e troubles jak ? Each time I take my Ford ( yes I went over to the dark side - purely for financial reasons ) for a tune-up the chap tells me he needs to look at the computer , naturally I say I am computer illiterate and wouldn’t have one for quids .

But what the f##k ! He tells me there is one hiding under the passenger seat , been there for years apparently . . .
your right you did go over to the dark side, mary would have to drive a ford I would imagine

Old Timer

Coach

Dear old dad had been through the Prefect, Morris Minor, Austin A 30, FB, FC,HD, HK and the mighty burnt orange Datsun 180 B then he decided after 250,000 kms in that to get into a new Toyota Camry EFI which he brought from Gilbert Bros.
He arrived at my place with a box which he thought might be useful for me and was waxing lyrical about the development in motor cars and upon opening the box inside was 2 sets of feeler gauges, a timing light, grease gun (he insisted that the old 180 B be fitted with grease nipples didn't trust anything pre packed), torque wrench and a few other bits and pieces.
I said "what am I going to do with these dad" and he said "well use them son you still have a Holden" lol I had a company Commodore Calais and when I said they had gone fully electronic many years before he said "what about the Stromberg son"?

Gareth67

First Grade
Damn.. Here I was thinking this here was as a thread about dragons rumours..

Rumour the great Saints halfback Billy Smith almost ran me over one day at the old Cumberland Oval in his big red Ford Fairlane . Well actually it’s no rumor muzby it’s a fact , as he went past me I could had swore I heard him say “ damn Parramatta hillbillies get out of my way “ .

The fact I had my Dragons scarf on didn’t seem to make no difference to him , needless to say he had another great game for the Dragons to help collect 2 competition points .

redVinme

Juniors
Rumour the great Saints halfback Billy Smith almost ran me over one day at the old Cumberland Oval in his big red Ford Fairlane . Well actually it’s no rumor muzby it’s a fact , as he went past me I could had swore I heard him say “ damn Parramatta hillbillies get out of my way “ .

The fact I had my Dragons scarf on didn’t seem to make no difference to him , needless to say he had another great game for the Dragons to help collect 2 competition points .

But is it a FACT?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Ok, since we are boasting, I once got my first car (SLR 5000) up to 170km/h in 3rd gear along Heathcote Rd.
Yes, I do thank the Lord I'm still here & ask how did my parents let me buy that car while still on my "Ls"????
I drove my brothers custom line down the hill to Brooklyn on the f3. Doing 106 shaking a lot .. Thank goodness no radar nearby that's miles perhour

Old Timer

Coach
Ok, since we are boasting, I once got my first car (SLR 5000) up to 170km/h in 3rd gear along Heathcote Rd.
Yes, I do thank the Lord I'm still here & ask how did my parents let me buy that car while still on my "Ls"????
Beats the 78 odd MPH we got out of the brothers Morris Oxford (4 cyl little brother of the ISIS) going down the nuclear reactor hill with 8 people on board and the wind fair up our arse.
I think they were the leftover tanks from WW2 turned into cars the thing probably weighed 2 ton.

Gareth67

First Grade
But is it a FACT?

Well actually it didn’t quite happen like that - forgive me redVinme , but I told a white lie . But I do recall that I was looking at the big Ford and what a beautiful color red it was when I saw that it was Billy Smith driving it . But no he didn’t come close to hitting anyone , was driving it ever so slow that you could hear the big V8 engine purr as it passed by . :wink:

Last edited:

redVinme

Juniors
Well actually it didn’t quite happen like that - forgive me redVinme , but I told a white lie . But I do recall that I was looking at the big Ford and what a beautiful color red it was when I saw that it was Billy Smith driving it . But no he didn’t come close to hitting anyone , was driving it ever so slow that you could hear the big V8 engine purr as it passed by . :wink:

Either version is A OK with me mate :wink:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Got my eye on an EV for my next vehicle. Made the pledge to make this decade the one I take the step.

I rode in a Tesla Model S last week and I tell you what it was brilliant

Good luck to you mate.

Why not try an X3 M Sport.
The turbo diesel has the power to blow most things away.
l've just driven from Gold Coast to Sydney on one tank and still had 250 klm left in it ( average 5.6 litres per hundred klms. )
The seating, which is why l bought it, is out of this world.
Even has a CD player for us babyboomers.
Anyway, just my two bobs worth.