What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toronto to Play the Kangaroos on 24th October?

adamkungl

Immortal
Toronto v Kangaroos will be huge. I can't knock it if Australia is playing in front of 30,000 people in Canada.

But I can't help be a little disappointed that the chances of tour games V actual test nations (France and Wales) now seem very unlikely to happen.

Burns

First Grade
Toronto v Kangaroos will be huge. I can't knock it if Australia is playing in front of 30,000 people in Canada.

But I can't help be a little disappointed that the chances of tour games V actual test nations (France and Wales) now seem very unlikely to happen.

I am very unhyped about this match. Won't Samoa likely be playing that weekend anyway? Wouldn't SBW be playing for them instead?

adamkungl

Immortal
I am very unhyped about this match. Won't Samoa likely be playing that weekend anyway? Wouldn't SBW be playing for them instead?

To be fair SBW has commited to neither Samoa, NZ, or any international team, but has committed to the Wolfpack, so who's to say.
The Oceania Cup games might be later in November, too. As usual we don't know yet...

My prediction is he won't play international football this year but might make a swansong for the World Cup.

adamkungl

Immortal
So the tour so far:

Wolfpack @ Toronto Oct 24
England @ Bolton Oct 31
England @ Leeds Nov 7
England @ Tottenham Nov 14

With the NRL finishing on Oct 4 this year, I *think* we can expect a NZ test on Oct 16.

I'll be stoked if the Kangaroos fit in even 1 more proper international - France on Nov 21?
There's the possibility of mid-week games if they take a large squad but I wouldn't count on it

Western_Eel

Juniors
I cant see SBW playing for Samoa anyway, i doubt Toronto will risk their 10 million dollar star

Western_Eel

Juniors
i've never been a fan of these tours, the last thing toronto want is australia putting 50 points on them.
I'd rather see a team like south sydney etc go play them

Walter sobchak

First Grade

Australia playing against Toronto in Canada would be and will be far more beneficial to international RL than Australia playing against France and wales unfortunately.

Tonga should tour Europe though at the same time and play both France and wales and maybe even England.

Springs09

Juniors
This is the only club fixture I'd be okay with. I'd much rather Australia play at least 2 tests against France or the home nations but at least it is spreading the game to a new country.

Please no midweek games against Leeds or Hull or shit like that.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
This is the only club fixture I'd be okay with. I'd much rather Australia play at least 2 tests against France or the home nations but at least it is spreading the game to a new country.

A midweek game against an English super league club would be such a waste and missed opportunity for spreading the game.

You’d like to think that Australia could squeeze in a test against France at the end of the tour to be played in either Paris, Toulouse or Lyon and not Perpignan. Think big!!!

adamkungl

Immortal

What, you don't think Australia v Salford in front of 6000 is growing the game? It's double their normal crowd!

adamkungl

Immortal
Latest article on NRL.com suggests that there are still plans to play midweek club games, and France on the way home.
But I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Burns

First Grade
Latest article on NRL.com suggests that there are still plans to play midweek club games, and France on the way home.
But I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
England Knights too! Would that be the new Under 23’s Team Mal created? I wonder what they will be doing.

taipan

Referee
You'd get Australian expats in addition to those locals who follow the Wolfpack.if they get 15k IMO a fair result.Is 30k too optimisitc?

adamkungl

Immortal
You'd get Australian expats in addition to those locals who follow the Wolfpack.if they get 15k IMO a fair result.Is 30k too optimisitc?

They're aiming for 25k I'd say with the stadium choice.
They know their marketing up at Wolfpack, I'd be very surprised if they miss their target.

@Burns There's not a single person on this earth who is keen to see England Knights play the Kangaroos.
The entire idea is backwards. I get why a top teams second-string would play a lesser team for a more even contest, but what is the bloody point of a top team playing a lesser team's reserves?
This is a Mal Meninga idea for sure

yakstorm

First Grade
Surely it would be the Australia A/U23s team that would play the England Knights? Maybe Mal's intention for this tour is to literally take 40-odd players over to England, with the fringe guys to play the mid-week matches and the Knights.

Almost like bringing back the Emus... The question is, will people turn out to watch say Salford versus an Aus U23s side or Aus A or whatever mid-week? Or will they call the team the Kangaroos the whole way through, even if none of the core Roos squad plays?

Latest posts