What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Packer i dont mind so much, as we are short forwards but McQueen is way past his useby date and a waste of money, i dont think bronson is going anywere, good to have you back brother mixo, good to hear from quinny as well
Goodwin does in fact want to head back to Super League- has an offer from Catalans. He’s not happy that they signed Latrell - was hoping to play first grade and now there are too many backs.

Travitoh

First Grade
McQueen is busted, hasn’t played since he left us

If we are going to bring him back as a depth backrower why not just offer Kyle Turner another year ....... ( maybe they did but the offer was too low)

And with a bit of luck, he doesn't play much in 2020 should he join.
If Doueihi is on his way out, getting a premiership winning former Qld rep with 150+ plus games under his belt to cover Lowe and Sua in a position with few other options isn't an awful bit of business, especially when Wests have already paid a quarter of his 2020 salary.

southsport

First Grade
McQueen is busted, hasn’t played since he left us

If we are going to bring him back as a depth backrower why not just offer Kyle Turner another year ....... ( maybe they did but the offer was too low)
Souths are short on forwards and I'm thinking that the tigers won't release Packer unless we take McQueen as well, both in exchange for Doueihi.

Rabbit57

Juniors
Souths are short on forwards and I'm thinking that the tigers won't release Packer unless we take McQueen as well, both in exchange for Doueihi.
There is one thing worse than being short of players and that is having the wrong players. If it wasn’t for the Douehi deal we wouldn’t be looking at these guys. Quite simply say no to the Tigers and keep Douehi. He provides versatility to our squad that should only be sacrificed for a premium replacement.

If Mago is still trialling I would be interested in how he is going. Would think he has the potential to be better than the two tigers in 2020.

There is one thing worse than being short of players and that is having the wrong players. If it wasn’t for the Douehi deal we wouldn’t be looking at these guys. Quite simply say no to the Tigers and keep Douehi. He provides versatility to our squad that should only be sacrificed for a premium replacement.

If Mago is still trialling I would be interested in how he is going. Would think he has the potential to be better than the two tigers in 2020.

Last I heard on Mago was that he was down on fitness and wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. If he sticks around, he'll be well down the pecking order. Sounding very much like NSW cup will be his level.

southsport

First Grade

You won't get any argument from me on that front, I'll be disappointed to see Doueihi go.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
You won't get any argument from me on that front, I'll be disappointed to see Doueihi go.
Douehi is not in training camp with the boys on the South Coast. Apparently he has been given leave to think about his future. I'm hearing that the storm and rorters are a possibility along with the tigers if course. If he goes to storm we will get JAC no risk. More twists and turns in the next couple of weeks:fearful:

Travitoh

First Grade
Goodwin does in fact want to head back to Super League- has an offer from Catalans. He’s not happy that they signed Latrell - was hoping to play first grade and now there are too many backs.

If AJ goes, he's the next outside back available at both wing and centre.
Unless he was ambitious and thought he'd be a starter.

Travitoh

First Grade
Are you sure about that mate isn't he in coonabaraban at the moment I couldn't see him earning more there than a minimum NRL contract

I would be very surprised if nobody has spoken to him about a deal worth around minimum salary in either of the top 2 tiers across Australia and England.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Douehi is not in training camp with the boys on the South Coast. Apparently he has been given leave to think about his future. I'm hearing that the storm and rorters are a possibility along with the tigers if course. If he goes to storm we will get JAC no risk. More twists and turns in the next couple of weeks:fearful:
If they are the choices, I'd be making the Melbourne deal. Personally I'd rather keep Doueihi but doesn't look like that is an option.

Question: Does Doueihi have to agree to go to a particular team, or can he be "traded" to a team not of his choosing?

250excf

Juniors
What happened to you quoting
Jac and Arrow will be at Souths by end of this week Mixo :blush::joy:

Rabbit57

Juniors
I'd take them both.. under Bennett Packer may become a decent player lol and McQueen well... depth
I think we need to recruit players who have more potential. These guys are past their best

Last I checked Lachlan Timm from StG hasn’t been signed. Best forward in the Canterbury Cup all year. Second in metres gained. First in tackles. McGregor wouldn’t give him a run in firsts.
Under Bennett he could be very good.