What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Far out brother I wish this forum had a carbon tax equivalent on words.
Taipan would soon be Bankrupt. But dont worry , Ive almost reached my limit on arguing with fools . They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quigs

Immortal
Well I am a believer but I just can't be bothered arguing anymore. I've banged my head against the wall up here for zonks arguing with the dinosaurs.

The Poor-lean Hansons are rampant at the moment and the shit being spewed and believed ................. sheeze.

Quigs

Immortal
And you have always got to remember "A ship is only as good as its Captain"

Yeah and we have Scummo from Marketing with all strings attached.

taipan

Referee
Barnaby went to a private boarding school in Sydney, Not even Tamworth or Armidale , Country towns near his Families property , He got some sort of Business degree from UNE. Not an outstanding student ,But worked as an acountant , Opened his own acountancy firm in St George in 1990s. Hasnt done much Farming ,and like I said in another post . even as a backbencher he gets salary of 200,000 And healthy pension plan. Should buy a lot of fodder . Not many "farmers " can say that.

No one with half a brain is suggesting a full on NO MORE COAL mining Immediately . Had Liberals been aboard the climate change "bandwagon" since Howard days we would be a lot closer to that scenario Ive posted links giving reasoned arguments saying that. How dare I .

"Holy Denialist! What a load of , Obfuscating ,Ad hominem filled,deflecting ,puerile, obtuse,Non-secatur filled ***** Normally Id not dignify such nonsense with an answer but ill answer first couple"

How remiss of me to forget PROJECTION. Absolutely infused into almost all your posts

Let me begin by stating Barnaby is hardly my idea of a politician representing my area.

Don't care what school he went to.A lot of boarders come from the bush.Then when droughts etc happen, and the cockeys fall on hard times..The kids on occasions are pulled out .Boarders go home during school holidays .
I know about his qualifications, his life ,his leering at his secretary ATT.WTF has that to do with him being brought up on a farm.
If he has lived in the bush, and on a farm, represents the area, he has a better idea of the lie of the land than I do.Still think he can be an embarrassment .

I remember as a young guy spending my annual holidays for a few years at Kangaroo Valley, when the dairy industry there was in full swing.
Kicked around with a couple of young guys whose oldies had farms.That's when I learnt about silage the fermentation of fodder for later use ..When the river was dammed (Tallow Dam) where the Shoalhaven and Kangaroo Rivers meet.I've seen that river then in flood or running at a very strong flow.That is not the case today.

And you're pretentiously lecturing me about climate and preservation.In typical dismissive ,authoritarian, intolerant and at times derisive fashion, in every one of your posts.That'll show me, whose boss .
You're beginning to sound like Barnaby.Throwing in all the put downs might help your ego, it does nothing for the subject matter.I've been around on this rock for a fair whack, it's hardly a new technique.

Nowhere have I downgraded your arguments, you're being too flipping precious.

As Professor Julius Sumner Miler would ask of his students'.Why is this so? IOW question ,that's how you learn..

I've posted a link about the Great lakes FWIW .A reasoned argument by the author.Whether I agree or not is irrelevant.

All Albanese is saying ,is repeating what the Libs have stated, you can't shut down coal(his words not mine),because China will take up the slack elsewhere.There are those within the Greens and Labor (certainly inner city) who would gladly have coal shunted ASAP.

I see too much hypocrisy with film stars and people like Richard Branson ,Gore, De Caprio who trot around the world n jets and tell everyone else what to do.
Own homes here there and everywhere.

i'm more than happy if we can do something like this in this country:-

https://the guardian.com/environment/2019/oct/01/worlds-largest-wind-turbines-to-be-built-off-yorkshire-coast

taipan

Referee
Taipan would soon be Bankrupt. But dont worry , Ive almost reached my limit on arguing with fools . They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Letting your ego run amok champ."Down to their level".
I find your intolerance a tad overbearing.

Last edited:

txta2

Bench
oh ffs
They needed a new f**king clubhouse
The old one was a public toilet.
Hoarding players?
Haha
I know my team and kids team are getting massive deals all the time from the teams with a new clubhouse.
Haha
Good god
My club needed a new clubhouse as well, my taxes payed for theirs. Seems like a fair go.
I worked hard, got nothing , wealthy suburb with local MP with hands in till gets everything. Seems like a fair go.
When the Hillbilly member resigns could be an anchor chain connected to the most corrupt one of them all.

carcharias

Immortal
My club needed a new clubhouse as well, my taxes payed for theirs. Seems like a fair go.
I worked hard, got nothing , wealthy suburb with local MP with hands in till gets everything. Seems like a fair go.
When the Hillbilly member resigns could be an anchor chain connected to the most corrupt one of them all.

well
Show us why your club deserves it more than lilli pilli

my club could do with a new one too.

you wouldn’t give a shit if it hadn’t happened on his watch.

sharkman73

Juniors
well

Yeah I don't have an issue with it.

I do have an issue with the Liberal minister who granted a shooting club money and didn't disclose she was a member.

txta2

Bench
well

I'm just using 'my club' as an example.
Im not going to waste my time explaining why Lilli Pilli deserves it more,they clearly don't.
The whole scheme was manipulated by this corrupt government on favouritism and not merit based.

Ads

First Grade
Meh. Lilli pilli has needed one for 20 years. Huge amount of people playing for the club. Exactly what tax dollars should be used for. Can’t say they were buying votes with that one as it’s as safe as houses for the Libs.

carcharias

Immortal
Statement re Federal Government Grant

Lilli Pilli Football Club is one of Australia’s largest grassroots volunteer football clubs. We facilitate football for our 1600+ playing members (including over a thousand kids).
Lilli Pilli Football Club pursued grants from local, state and federal governments repeatedly for over a decade to upgrade extremely run down and inadequate facilities at Lilli Pilli Oval.

On 14 September 2018, the club applied for Funds from the Federal Community Sports Infrastructure Fund. In our application to Sports Australia, the club explained in detail it was committed to start a major project (phase one) at the oval imminently and sought government assistance to fund a second project.

The club advised its local MP’s office of this application after it was submitted.

On 19 October 2018, the club signed contracts with builders and commenced the Lilli Pilli Oval upgrade works (Project 1). Funding this project was 20 years of hard earned savings (and a $210k contribution from Sutherland Council to replace outdated public toilet infrastructure).

The scope at that time (October 2018) excluded desired change-rooms and several community amenities.

In December 2018 the phase one project was well and truly underway with the club planning to pursue various streams of community fundraising and advertising/sponsorship to fund the remaining scope (ie desired change-rooms and other community room amenity).

The club was advised in December that it was a successful recipient of a Community Sports Infrastructure grant.

This did lead to a second project and a significant variation of terms with our builder.

We’re proud of our upgrade to Lilli Pilli Oval.
We saved over $600k over 20 years. We pursued grants from all levels of government for a decade. We received a $200k grant that funded change-rooms. The whole building is now being used by local sports clubs (including the local netball club) and community organisations (including various playgroups).

Greg Storey
President
Lilli Pilli FC

From the clubs Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/LilliPilliFC/

Reactions: Ads