What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No idea why comparisons are relevant.

If Sonny has requested it and the sponsor has agreed that's that, tbh.

And I don't even like SBW all that much.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
That's down to French Law though, so Betfred don't really have a choice in the matter.

I think they also have the same with alcohol, hence why the Kangaroos had to change their VB logo years ago.

Is their a similar law in NZ for betting agencies?

SBW doesn't have to wear the logo but I have no option about buying halal meat... might give Gerard a call.

images

MugaB

Coach
Catalan Dragons don't wear the Betfred logo when playing at home:
378A3698.jpg

So potentially Betfred will be open to making an exception for 1 player, especially as the broadcast, all the boardings around the venue, etc all have Betfred on it.
Its funny the one and only guy that you want your marketing on, has a problem with it ....tehe

unforgiven

Bench
and women driving and attending football games? You’d have to be quite a hypocrite to follow a religion that is used in many countries to subjugate and abuse some members of that community. But hey Sonny all good as long as you cover over a company logo right?
Sounds like most religions though?

no name

Coach
I can understand why SBW won't wear the logo, but he's always taken the big pay packets that are partly generated by betting and alcohol sponsorship.
I have to agree.
I wonder when he made this known to the ESL and Toronto? I know he did it before regarding the bank sponsor in RU, but again that seemed to come (made public at least) well after contracts were signed.
Also, I wonder where/how he stores his money if he’s against banks charging interest? Or is it ok for him to get interest?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I have to agree.
I wonder when he made this known to the ESL and Toronto? I know he did it before regarding the bank sponsor in RU, but again that seemed to come (made public at least) well after contracts were signed.
Also, I wonder where/how he stores his money if he’s against banks charging interest? Or is it ok for him to get interest?

he was happy to be paid by pokie machine earnings at the roosters, like most religious people he is a hypocrite that bends the doctrine to suit.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I can understand why SBW won't wear the logo, but he's always taken the big pay packets that are partly generated by betting and alcohol sponsorship.
Him having done so before doesn't mean he's obliged to now. He's entitled to change his views, as is everyone.
I have to agree.
I presume it was known before the contract/s were signed otherwise he wouldn't be playing next week

Saint Doc

Coach
I think Betfred would be stoked

Their target market is not Muslims who are anti-gambling.

The reason they sponsor SuperLeague is for increased exposure, brand recognition etc in a crowded marketplace.

Having headlines staying “SBW refuses to wear Betfred logo” is worth way more (in terms of exposure) than a tiny logo on his chest.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Him having done so before doesn't mean he's obliged to now. He's entitled to change his views, as is everyone.

I presume it was known before the contract/s were signed otherwise he wouldn't be playing next week
I can accept that people's views can change, but the thing is that part of his current income is generated by gambling and alcohol sponsorship. That's the inconsistency IMO.