What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toronto to Play the Kangaroos on 24th October?

adamkungl

Immortal
I can see the financial value in playing St Helens or something, even if I don't agree with it. I don't think it should be a priority over international games, but no doubt it will bring fans through the gate.

But I just can't see any value, at any level, for Australia and England playing their second stringers against each other. I don't think it will draw much of a crowd when fans have 3 opportunities to see the real thing.

Completely disrespectful to the developing nations nearby who miss out on a game as a result.

And tbh if Australia is capable of fielding a 2nd team, they should be in the Oceania Cup instead of skipping it and making the whole P&R thing kind of pointless.

Wigan, Leeds and St Helens are other Super League clubs to confirm interest in hosting the Kangaroos before or during the Ashes series, which begins at Bolton on October 31.

The second Test will be played at Elland Road on November 7, with the third Test at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on November 14.

The Kangaroos are also expected to play a Test against France after the Ashes series, while a match against the England Knights has also been mooted.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/23/wolfpack-detail-plans-for-kangaroos-clash-in-toronto/

Springs09

Juniors
apples and oranges....SBW is a massive selling point for this game

I'm sure he'd be a massive selling point for Samoa too

What about some of the other players - Liam Kay, Ricky Leutele, Matty Russell, Anthony Mullally, Gadwin Springer, Brad Singleton, Hakim Miloudi - are they allowed to go play for their Tier 2 nations instead of the Wolfpack, some of them might even be 2 games into a European Cup by then. Do players have to miss an entire tournament so they can train an extra possible 6 weeks to play a one-off for Toronto? What about if SBW actually wants to play for NZ at the end of next year?