What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weststigers Wasteland

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Instead of Weststiger’s Wasteland, shouldn’t this thread just be called “Balmain Leagues Club”?

Isn't she that skirt that scored a billion tries against bottom 8 teams then came up against real opposition and looked 3rd rate?

The word "star" gets thrown around pretty freely in the NRL world

The f**k you on about? Didnt score a try against 1 team all year, the Raiders.

Legion

Juniors
Also the amount of people who so heavily base their happiness heavily on how well their footy team goes and how poor other teams do is a little scary. .

There's a phenomena in England where the suicide rates go up around soccer* finals times that's due to fans disappointment when their team doesn't make the finals.

The report that I read was from many years ago but it still applies to these days.
It was blamed on poor weather [leading to lack of Vit D & that lengthy periods of overcast weather has an impact on peoples moods] & the fact that many soccer fans have few other interests in life.

Rather sad really : (

* Since it's a trash thread I may as well have a rant about the medias need to refer to soccer as 'football'.
It started here when Australia wasted a heap of money trying to win the soccer world cup that was never going to happen.

Referring to soccer as football in the media is an insult to every other footy code, not just the best of the bunch, Rugby League.

BrotherJim05

Bench
There's a phenomena in England where the suicide rates go up around soccer* finals times that's due to fans disappointment when their team doesn't make the finals.

The report that I read was from many years ago but it still applies to these days.
It was blamed on poor weather [leading to lack of Vit D & that lengthy periods of overcast weather has an impact on peoples moods] & the fact that many soccer fans have few other interests in life.

Rather sad really : (

* Since it's a trash thread I may as well have a rant about the medias need to refer to soccer as 'football'.
It started here when Australia wasted a heap of money trying to win the soccer world cup that was never going to happen.

Referring to soccer as football in the media is an insult to every other footy code, not just the best of the bunch, Rugby League.

Its called football, not soccer. Get over yourself

Other codes of football should be banned.

I’d like to see a proper showdown with a 100 fan fight. Each code of soccer represented.

We would go ok unless represented by any of the Queenslanders.

I know it’s Australia Day cometh, but by the f**k I’d say we trade qld for f**king New Zealand. Just a direct swap. Get all the maroon merkins and ship their asses to nz and bring back kiwis en en mass, drop them off at tweed heads.

ergo, blues players.

Rights of Aussie citizenship to all Tongans, Samoans and cook islanders because they make for good Australians. Maybe tahitians

western Australians will have to pass the citizenship test. South Australia can just be sold off to the highest bidder at the United Nations.

make nsw great again.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we decided to call the Moon a Shazwaza, it doesn't make the Moon a Shazwaza. The game is called football, we just decided to call it Soccer. I'm not saying we should stop calling it Soccer, but the fact is the game is called football we just call it something else.

Tigerm

First Grade
The dictionary definition of the word soccer.

noun
a form of football played between two teams of 11 players, in which the ball may be advanced by kicking or by bouncing it off any part of the body but the arms and hands, except in the case of the goalkeepers, who may use their hands to catch, carry, throw, or stop the ball.

Legion

Juniors
The dictionary definition of the word soccer.

noun
a form of football played between two teams of 11 players, in which the ball may be advanced by kicking or by bouncing it off any part of the body but the arms and hands, except in the case of the goalkeepers, who may use their hands to catch, carry, throw, or stop the ball.

There you go @BrotherJim05 . Educate yourself.

The name soccer came about in England, it's a colloquialism of "association football", which is the proper name for football aka soccer.

Same etymology applies for Rugby being called rugger. It was a abbreviated way to distinguish the football codes at the time.

It's not an Americanism or Australianism, it's of British origin.

Legion

Juniors
Up until that ludicrous attempt to get the World Cup, that was doomed to failure from the very start, MSM here always referred to soccer as soccer.

In NSW football could be either Rugby League or Union.
In Victoria football is Aussie Rules.
In the UK soccer is football.

If a code is a country or states #1 most supported then it would be understandable if their local media referred to it as football.
Having said that, despite the fact that Rugby League is the #1 Winter sport here in NSW & Qld, I still prefer that the media refer to it as Rugby League. Not only for the sake of specificity but also out of respect for those who wouldn't know to which code the reporter is referencing.
'Footy' or 'football' is more of a colloquialism used amongst supporters of their particular code.

We have specific words for a reason. That's why for e.g., cops really like to know the make & model of the vehicle that was used in a crime. Describing it as a 'car' is not that helpful.

Last edited:
Up until that ludicrous attempt to get the World Cup, that was doomed to failure from the very start, MSM here always referred to soccer as soccer.

In NSW football could be either Rugby League or Union.
In Victoria football is Aussie Rules.
In the UK soccer is football.

If a code is a country or states #1 most supported then it would be understandable if their local media referred to it as football.
Having said that, despite the fact that Rugby League is the #1 Winter sport here in NSW & Qld, I still prefer that the media refer to it as Rugby League. Not only for the sake of specificity but also out of respect for those who wouldn't know to which code the reporter is referencing.
'Footy' or 'football' is more of a colloquialism used amongst supporters of their particular code.

We have specific words for a reason. That's why for e.g., cops really like to know the make & model of the vehicle that was used in a crime. Describing it as a 'car' is not that helpful.

Stop lying, coppers struggle to comprehend any further detail before or after the word “ car” Three letter words are about the extent of your average coppers vocabulary. Ask the mighty @axl rose

cerberus

Coach
Who cares what it is called.
Its a boring shit game played by pussy weaklings.
umm no
when the new a-league team plays out of campbell town the tiges should be drawing on their expertise

they have a different body type to leaguees and are a treat to the afl not league .

There is nothing weak about guys running routinely 14km's a game

Last edited: