What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

axl rose

Bench
Bill Burr sums it up best.

Ol' Billy life coach.

Btw the last time I mentioned the fact that Inglis was ordered to complete a behavioral change program due to assault my post was deleted. That he was the face of the NRL ad campaign the next year is just beyond disturbing.

The Rosco

Bench
Ol' Billy life coach.

Btw the last time I mentioned the fact that Inglis was ordered to complete a behavioral change program due to assault my post was deleted. That he was the face of the NRL ad campaign the next year is just beyond disturbing.
Bbbut . . . he races from town to town in regional NSW to have a few beers with the locals and talk some footy.
If my opinion counted for anything ( and it doesn't, because I'm married ), I'd give him a glowing endorsement too !

The Rosco

Bench
That self harming excuse was a load of hot c**k. The NRL should still be ashamed of itself
. ."a load of hot cxxk". Haven't heard that since high school. Laughed my head off as I reminisced about the sayings that ruled back in the day.
Upon reflection, it turns out that nearly all of them are penis based.
When the Mrs says something stupid to me, I shall play the old chestnut " sXck me off, idiot"
A: I shouldn't have to wait long, and . .
B: I'll let you know how it was received.

WT Unity

Juniors
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...-to-offer-doueihi-a-deal-20200120-p53t3f.html

It's hard to know who we are going to grab. I know you can't trust newspapers now but they state we can easily accommodate BJ and AD because we have $800k available this year. They also state AD is on 500k this year and 600k next year and BJ is on 600 or 700 or something. All these figures don't add up.

Bringing things back to the signing saga about Leilua and Doueihi - I read a report today on www.zerotackle saying that we are about to offer Leilua $1.8m over 3 years and that we are baulking at paying Doueihi $350k for 2020. It says that the Raiders will pay $400k of Leilua's salary for 2020 while Doueihi will be paid $150k (or maybe has already been paid $150k) by Souths.

Love to hear more opinions on this but I can't believe that Doueihi is not great value at $350k!!
I saw quite a bit of him last year and think he'll be a very good first grader, He's tall and strong in the air, a good runner of the ball and has a passing game. He's exactly what we need at FB.
Furthermore - Why not both? The report says Leilua's 2020 contract value would be $700k less $400k courtesy of the Raiders and Doueihi is $350k so combined it would cost us in terms of the cap $650k for both. Given that we were going to pay Latrell $1m - WHY NOT BOTH!!

I don't get it??
Am I missing something?

BUY THEM BOTH!!

WT Unity

Juniors
Bringing things back to the signing saga about Leilua and Doueihi - I read a report today on www.nospam21 saying that we are about to offer Leilua $1.8m over 3 years and that we are baulking at paying Doueihi $350k for 2020. It says that the Raiders will pay $400k of Leilua's salary for 2020 while Doueihi will be paid $150k (or maybe has already been paid $150k) by Souths.

Love to hear more opinions on this but I can't believe that Doueihi is not great value at $350k!!
I saw quite a bit of him last year and think he'll be a very good first grader, He's tall and strong in the air, a good runner of the ball and has a passing game. He's exactly what we need at FB.
Furthermore - Why not both? The report says Leilua's 2020 contract value would be $700k less $400k courtesy of the Raiders and Doueihi is $350k so combined it would cost us in terms of the cap $650k for both. Given that we were going to pay Latrell $1m - WHY NOT BOTH!!

I don't get it??
Am I missing something?

BUY THEM BOTH!!
Don't know what happened with the URL link ending up being written as nospam21 - I read the report on zero tackle which was quoting the telegraph...

Tiger5150

Bench
Bringing things back to the signing saga about Leilua and Doueihi - I read a report today on www.nospam21 saying that we are about to offer Leilua $1.8m over 3 years and that we are baulking at paying Doueihi $350k for 2020. It says that the Raiders will pay $400k of Leilua's salary for 2020 while Doueihi will be paid $150k (or maybe has already been paid $150k) by Souths.

I don't get it??
Am I missing something?

BUY THEM BOTH!!

You are missing the fact that we would then be paying Doueihi $600K a year for three years after that.

Shredder

Juniors
I think the club is getting too worried about signings now.

I think like an often f**ked over person, we are being overly conservative.

EVERY player is a risk.

$600k for a fullback is cheap money, the only issue is that he has only played some 30 first grade games. If he had played 50+ I think his price would be higher.

I guess the club has seen the hate over us "paying overs" for players in the past. But hes a great prospect, and I wouldnt say over priced.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Go out in the street and call some blokes missus a mole. When he shapes up to belt you say soory mate, I didn't know she was your wife, I thought she was just your girlfriend. See what happens.

Are you really that stupid ???.

It appears you totally missed my point but hey, don’t worry

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I can’t , for the life of me understand Doueihi going to Wests.

He either lacks self belief, is poorly advised or a dummy spitter

Last edited:

WT Unity

Juniors
Yep I knew there would be subsequent years at more than $350k but wasn't sure how many and exactly at what dollar value. Only point I'd add is that we have a poor record in terms of paying players overs and you would have to say that Souths (in the recent past) have a good record of recruitment, identifying talented youngsters and not paying overs. So based on what I've seen of him and I watched quite a bit of Souths as I have an ANZ stadium membership [still] and quite a few Souths fans as mates [I know poor taste in friends] so I end up at a few of their games...and the fact that Souths thought the $$$ they were paying was on the mark. I'm thinking that their assessment of him (up until Mitchell came on the market) might be worth considering as evidence of his ability.

My thoughts are that if we offered the $350k for this year + $500k for 2021 with an option for the following year at $600k - But who knows maybe we did do something like that...

I just hope we had a really good crack at him because I think FB is definitely the position we need most!

Tigerm

First Grade

EVERY player is a risk.

$600k for a fullback is cheap money, the only issue is that he has only played some 30 first grade games. If he had played 50+ I think his price would be higher.

I guess the club has seen the hate over us "paying overs" for players in the past. But hes a great prospect, and I wouldnt say over priced.
Agree, if he is good in that position (and they must think he is), then sign him, I mean $600k is a lot but in the scheme of things, not club killing. What happens if we don't sign him and he goes on to bigger things in the next year?
It is all a risk, but the old saying is, no risk, no reward.

WT Unity

Juniors
Don't want to bang on too much about the Doueihi signing or non-signing but another factor that is playing on my mind for 2020 is the change to the tackling a player in the air rule.
That changes this year!
Up until last year you could not tackle a defending player in the air but you could tackle an attacking player in the air. This change will make Corey Thomson (based on his height) even more vulnerable at the back...He won't be able to compete with taller players by out leaping them and he can't start his tackle on them now until they hit the ground which is often too late. A 6'4" inch FB would be beneficial in that regard.

Love Corey's ticker, effort and dedication but this year more than ever we might rue his lack of height!

Tiger Ted

Bench

EVERY player is a risk.

He wouldnt b the long term solution for fullback coz he lacks pace.Im a massive fan of AD but at 600k he’s on overs & im backing Madge on this.Madge is in this for the long haul & he isn’t going to panick buy or pay insane money.Im quite sure we have a very talented young fullback on our books who I think is from Cronulla.

Re AD I’ve no doubt he could b a quality 5/8 post Benji although it won’t surprise me if he ends up at the dogs.