What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Brisbane Broncos

Bronco18

Juniors
At this stage I can’t see how we will be doing any better in 2020. A very good forward pack giving time and space to a bunch of ineffectual backs

Some stability in the halves should see a bit of improvement.

It depends on whether Seibold has the guts to give Turpin the 9 and keep Boyd out of the frame.

wain

Juniors
At this stage I can’t see how we will be doing any better in 2020. A very good forward pack giving time and space to a bunch of ineffectual backs
really?
Im normally pretty measured in my expectations, but I think Croft is a huge signing. Not because he's the best player, but because he is the missing piece.
I actually think this is all we need to be at least a top 4 team. As long as Milford is back at 6 and Boyd is centre, wing or left right out.
Then with either Dearden or Turpin on the bench gaining some experience.

Nerd

Bench
Some stability in the halves should see a bit of improvement.

It depends on whether Seibold has the guts to give Turpin the 9 and keep Boyd out of the frame.
Agree. Croft though while a reject from the Storm is still a proper half unlike Turpin who is a hooker doing his best to cover for half due to injuries. We would be much more dangerous in attack with Turpin at hooker, Milford back to 6 where he can just trail behind the ruck like a fullback looking for any offloads or half breaks and Croft can take over the organisation of the forwards and handle out last tackle options. Don't have a spot in my side for either Boyd or McCullough.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Croft is definitely worth a gamble and we are short on halves anyway.

I don't see us being contenders but we should do better than 2019.

Trim the fat (Boyd, McCullough, Kahu) next year and get a marquee signing in the spine and we could be a threat in 2021.

Bronco18

Juniors
Croft is definitely worth a gamble and we are short on halves anyway.

I don't see us being contenders but we should do better than 2019.

Trim the fat (Boyd, McCullough, Kahu) next year and get a marquee signing in the spine and we could be a threat in 2021.

What a clusterf*#k having Kahu on our books for another year. Fingers crossed it doesn’t impede a Coates getting a run in first grade.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Bellamy had someone to replace them with, the Broncos have no one any better. The Broncos squad overall is not that strong. Isn't Lockyer on the retention and recruitment panel. I don't see any blame being apportioned to him for the rediculous salaries and long term contracts that have been signed in the last few seasons. Easy to blame Boyd for the whole season, I think he has plenty of mates.

True however Boyd was an absolute standout

Bronco18

Juniors
So how does everyone feel Croft will go?

Will he live up to the potential he displayed in juniors with a big pack laying a platform for him? Will he improve without having to juggle responsibilities with the game’s best 9 and 6?

Or is the fact that he was released out of a settled and strong Storm team a major cause for concern?

League guru

Juniors
Hope he gets a long run at it and concentrated on controlling the team
So now it's Crofts turn to steer them around the paddock. So can anybody please tell me what Milford does to earn his 1m. If he gets payed to walk around looking disinterested, he's doing a good job of it.

Bronco18

Juniors
So now it's Crofts turn to steer them around the paddock. So can anybody please tell me what Milford does to earn his 1m. If he gets payed to walk around looking disinterested, he's doing a good job of it.

100% fair in saying Milford is overpaid. I don’t think any fair minded fan would argue against it.

However Milford steering the team around the park also isn’t the answer. Despite the numbers he’s played with on his back, more often than any other playmaker he’s been first receiver which is some first class bullshit as well. Shows that there was never any back up plan/succession plan for Hunt, which is bizarre given how he was always prone to brain explosions.

League guru

Juniors
100% fair in saying Milford is overpaid. I don’t think any fair minded fan would argue against it.

However Milford steering the team around the park also isn’t the answer. Despite the numbers he’s played with on his back, more often than any other playmaker he’s been first receiver which is some first class bullshit as well. Shows that there was never any back up plan/succession plan for Hunt, which is bizarre given how he was always prone to brain explosions.

I don't want Milford to steer them around the park, as he is incapable of doing so. I just would like to see him released and free up the money for anyone who is willing to have a dig.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I don't want Milford to steer them around the park, as he is incapable of doing so. I just would like to see him released and free up the money for anyone who is willing to have a dig.

I feel a full season at fullback will do Milford well. He clearly hasn’t been training hard enough last couple of preseasons. Running of hass he could be dangerous. Boyd and macca to norths devils wouldn’t hurt either

League guru

Juniors
I feel a full season at fullback will do Milford well. He clearly hasn’t been training hard enough last couple of preseasons. Running of hass he could be dangerous. Boyd and macca to norths devils wouldn’t hurt either
Hasn't Seibold said that he will be playing 6.

DeeJ

Bench
Hasn't Seibold said that he will be playing 6.

Correct, with Isaako having the first shot at fb. Speaking of which, I'm not convinced his form last year was very convincing to be rewarded with such an important position and I'm not sure if he has the skills of a modern day full back.

Having said that, it keeps Boyd out of any important positions and in believe Isaako's moved to the back in 2018 coincided with some good form for the team. But that might again have been due to leaving Boyd in a less important position.

League guru

Juniors
Correct, with Isaako having the first shot at fb. Speaking of which, I'm not convinced his form last year was very convincing to be rewarded with such an important position and I'm not sure if he has the skills of a modern day full back.

Having said that, it keeps Boyd out of any important positions and in believe Isaako's moved to the back in 2018 coincided with some good form for the team. But that might again have been due to leaving Boyd in a less important position.
Agree, I thought Isaako was ordinary in 2019. I still reckon the Broncos roster is overrated. Potential maybe, but not experience. If they go with Turpin, Croft, Milford & Isaako, I won't be getting too excited.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Agree, I thought Isaako was ordinary in 2019. I still reckon the Broncos roster is overrated. Potential maybe, but not experience. If they go with Turpin, Croft, Milford & Isaako, I won't be getting too excited.

You’ve nailed it I reckon and I’m pretty excited about it. Hopefully isako can find that 2018 form nice and early. Turpin is a certainty. And milf just needs to get his fitness up to speed.

League guru

Juniors
2020 will be an interesting season for Milford. He has a player option for 2021 that you would assume he will want to take up. Oh his form, fitness and general effort, it is hard to see anyone else offering him 1m to leave.

DeeJ

Bench
2020 will be an interesting season for Milford. He has a player option for 2021 that you would assume he will want to take up. Oh his form, fitness and general effort, it is hard to see anyone else offering him 1m to leave.

Let's hope we don't do a Boyd and offer him an amount no other club would ever consider offering.

Latest posts